Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #91  

Height: 5'2"

Just got back from WI and only lost .4 but I did loose 5 in. All over! Stupid TOM really through my WI off oh well hopefully big numbers next week!! Hope everyone has a wonderful evening!!
Old 04-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default 12 week WI tomorrow

I'm kind of nervous about the WI tomorrow, I seem to be stuck between 175-174 as it flutters on my home scale daily. I sure hope I'm not hitting another plateau. I've decided to start swimming gentle laps in the hope that it will jumpstart something!
Old 04-18-2011, 10:12 PM   #93  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoww View Post
Chooch, don't worry, today was my first weigh-in too and my loss was 1.8. At least we had a loss right?? Lets both hope for a 3lb loss for next week!
TWoww
Your so right, my husband was so proud of me and said the same. No Pain is No Gain!!! Good Luck this week and we will both hit 3 next week.
Thanks for the encouragement!!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 10:12 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Hiya everyone

We're here at Great Wolf Lodge and the internet service is spotty so just wanted to say a quick hello and congratulate everyone on their successes today. Just remember, no matter how small the loss, it's a LOSS and something to be very proud of! Keep up the great work

Had a bit of a hard time at dinner as I thought I could order off the menu (IP friendly of course) but it was all buffet and no way was I paying 24.00 for a piece of chicken, cauliflower and salad. So I drank my water while my family ate and came back to our room and ate my eggs and cucumbers (I was just hoping for some meat instead of the eggs). While my mouth watered a little (ok alot) in the restauarant, I decided that since I did so well, I'd treat myself to a massage tomorrow morning instead Makes passing on all that crap totally worth it LOL.

Have a good night all!
Old 04-18-2011, 10:40 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 246(H)/238(IP)/(ticker)/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Funny thing while I was away at work

I accidentally forgot my lunch bag in the foyer when I left the house for work. And as my one Basset Hound is a notorious foreger, she of course rifled through it to get herself an after dogpark snack.

So here's Lily's review of the IP diet:
LOVED the garlic onion soy nuts (that bag was demolished and entirely covered in teeth marks)
Also loved the EAS strawberry drink (2 in. hole carved into that box with a big puddle all over her doggie bed)
The berry yogurt drink--not impressed. (a few teeth marks on the packet, but she didn't rip it open).
And my salad of romaine, roasted turnips, and sautéed mushrooms--no thanks. (the Tupperware lid was slightly ajar, but the contents were totally intact)

Hahaha! I'm bummed that I forgot my food for work, but I have to laugh that at least someone enjoyed it.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:53 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondre View Post
can anyone chime in on the drawbacks of coffee? does it make you retain water - affect weigh ins etc?
This is just my personal experience, the experts probably have something more scientific to offer...

I never drank coffee before IP. The first 4 weeks or so, I only had some every here and there, not every day, maybe once or twice a week. Now I drink it every day, generally more than one cup (my cup is 16 oz).

I drink extra water, because I read that somewhere on here. I believe it's because it's a diuretic, and could cause dehydration. I didn't notice a difference in weight loss my first 4 weeks vs last 4 weeks.

Some others may have a different experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
Has anyone else experienced a difficult time eating everything alotted daily? I can never get to that third packet! And I'm having a hard time finding the appetite for anything... do I just force it down?
You should try to get it all in. Your calorie intake would be low and could cause your body to go in to starvation mode, and slow you down.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

SP8275....your look FABULOUS!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Oh and I had a few glasses of wine a few weeks back...ya the headache the next day was bad.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:23 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Hiya everyone

We're here at Great Wolf Lodge and the internet service is spotty so just wanted to say a quick hello and congratulate everyone on their successes today. Just remember, no matter how small the loss, it's a LOSS and something to be very proud of! Keep up the great work

Had a bit of a hard time at dinner as I thought I could order off the menu (IP friendly of course) but it was all buffet and no way was I paying 24.00 for a piece of chicken, cauliflower and salad. So I drank my water while my family ate and came back to our room and ate my eggs and cucumbers (I was just hoping for some meat instead of the eggs). While my mouth watered a little (ok alot) in the restauarant, I decided that since I did so well, I'd treat myself to a massage tomorrow morning instead Makes passing on all that crap totally worth it LOL.

Have a good night all!

Good for you!...Will power!! Enjoy your massage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdigrrl View Post
I accidentally forgot my lunch bag in the foyer when I left the house for work. And as my one Basset Hound is a notorious foreger, she of course rifled through it to get herself an after dogpark snack.

LOVED the garlic onion soy nuts (that bag was demolished and entirely covered in teeth marks)
Also loved the EAS strawberry drink (2 in. hole carved into that box with a big puddle all over her doggie bed)
The berry yogurt drink--not impressed. (a few teeth marks on the packet, but she didn't rip it open).
And my salad of romaine, roasted turnips, and sautéed mushrooms--no thanks. (the Tupperware lid was slightly ajar, but the contents were totally intact)

Hahaha! I'm bummed that I forgot my food for work, but I have to laugh that at least someone enjoyed it.
LOL!!!! Thanks so much for the great laugh...sorry you lost some IP products though that parts not funny.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:27 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 246(H)/238(IP)/(ticker)/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
Has anyone else experienced a difficult time eating everything alotted daily? I can never get to that third packet! And I'm having a hard time finding the appetite for anything... do I just force it down?
I too had a hard time fitting all the food in (though when I've cheated, I seem to be driven to want to shovel tons in). But my coach stressed how important it is to have the before bed packet so the body doesn't consume muscle mass over that long fasting period. I've taken to chugging a RTD as I settle into bed. The volume is fairly small, it's little effort, and it now seems like a nice treat to have a "glass of chocolate milk" as I tuck myself into bed with a book.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdigrrl View Post

Oh my gosh, thanks for the laugh before bed
Old 04-18-2011, 11:52 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 182/182/125

Height: 5'3

NSV for me! I had to take my engagement ring in to be resized. I could literally flick it off my finger. I've gone from a size 7 to a 5 3/4 in 9 weeks! My little sausage fingers aren't looking so sausagy these days :-)
Old 04-19-2011, 12:21 AM   #102  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels09 View Post
NSV for me! I had to take my engagement ring in to be resized. I could literally flick it off my finger. I've gone from a size 7 to a 5 3/4 in 9 weeks! My little sausage fingers aren't looking so sausagy these days :-)
Very cool! Congrats. I get worried about losing mine from time to time as well but figure I should wait until I'm 'done' to deal with them.

When is your wedding?
Old 04-19-2011, 12:28 AM   #103  
Ray

S/C/G: 170.6/170.6/135

Height: 5 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels09 View Post

thats great! my rings are spinning around my finger now, but not falling off yet. LOL
Old 04-19-2011, 12:50 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Hiya everyone

Have a good night all!
You rock, Stacy! Enjoy your massage tomorrow, and hopefully the restaurant situations will be easier tomorrow!!
Old 04-19-2011, 01:03 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 230/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Hey All,

I am on day 11. All of a sudden I am feeling really tired. I cannot tell if its from working too much or if its because of the diet. Anyone have experience with this issue?
Closed Thread