Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #61  
Started IP 4/7/11

S/C/G: 280/253/185

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Happy Friday!

Congrats to everyone for staying on plan and all the success! Hearing how much everyone is losing is setting up my expectations. I hope I can do as well!

I'm on day 3 and I'm feeling really good. My energy is low, but the yuck is gone. I'm not sleepy, just fatigued. I couldn't finish breakfast this morning. I just wasn't hungry.

I'm dealing with a lot of emotional stuff and coming to peace with a new way of eating. A part of me is in mourning for the things I used to eat, but won't any more. Another part of me is mourning the loss of my most active addiction (compulsive eating). I've been in denial about the changes that would benefit my health for a long time, so coming to peace with the necessity for change is good. I'm looking at the size 14s I have in my closet and looking forward to getting back into them!

Wishing you all a great day!
Day 8 for me! I know EXACTLY how you feel. But just remember this is to get the weight off. The other phases are different. Phase 4 you get a cheat day! That keeps me going. Also I am tried to get into a routine that helps. I know it feels like you have lost a friend with good food but it WILL be worth it!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 209/202/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleduck View Post
Hi! it's nice to see a few CT IPer's on here....which clinic do you go to? We go to Falk in Groton
Hi! I go to an IP Clinic in Norwich so not too far from you
Old 04-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo2155 View Post
so end of the first week, just weighed in and lost 11 pounds!! worth all the headaches, which have finally gone away!
congrats! whoo hoo!
Old 04-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Yeah this is kind of a misnomer out there (man I wish IP would do a better job of training their coaches) -- cooking with Olive oil will not slow your weight loss (unless you use gallons of it) -- this issue with Olive oil is more about the carcinogenic impact of olive oil being heated past its smoke point then about weight loss. Carcinogenics, create free radicals in the body which are not good for us (carcinogens are the same thing you get from cigarette smoke, smog, pesticides, teflon, plastics, parabens etc, etc, etc -- obviously not in the same quantity but a carcinogen is a carcinogen) I have been working with cancer patients for years and many of the nutritionists at the clinics where I have worked tell cancer patients to stop heating olive oil past the smoke point. I suspect this is more to the point of what the IP coach was getting at. Hope this helps.
Thanks so much for the info.. I posted that before I read everything in the thread. I have been using coconut oil more, it is really tasty. Thanks again!
Old 04-15-2011, 02:13 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

thanks for the infor CHEEKY on the oil, I will buy some grape seed and coconut oil to see what one i like diff. I think anything is better then pam.

MSG, funny they would put that in their product, because when I use a crock pot, they say only broth with low salt and no msg lol....left hand and right hand need to talk to each other Im thinking..

The products in canada are made from a pharmacy in Levi Quebec, not sure where the american ip is coming from, Goverment differences sometimes make things different,
Old 04-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Doesn't coconut oil have a lot of calories and fat though? I already have a jar of it, it makes a great diaper rash cream.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:00 PM   #67  
Awesome Member

S/C/G: 233/214/???

Height: 5 foot 4.75 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by candieshells View Post
Okay guys, I need some help. Today will be my 15th day on the program and I am still sore and have low energy. The cravings went away at 7 days on the program (thank goodness for that!), but I was sure all other symptoms would be gone after two weeks.

What has been your experience with this? Has anyone else taken more than 2 weeks to adjust?

I appreciate any response, you all are awesome!
Is soreness a side effect of this diet? My back and shoulders, neck etc. have been so sore and I couldn't figure out why!
Old 04-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I just bought 3 bags of chocolates and candy for my kids (for Easter)! Well... part of that space was taken up by the plastic eggs to put them in for the hunt). Lord help me to resist! I plan on buying lots of chocolate soy puffs before Easter... I can have one packet a day on Easter weekend and any other day that the kids eat their treats in front of me and when I don't feel strong (as long as I don't have any other restricted items on that day)! ...and yes, I know that it's not good for them but come on! They are little kids and it is just that kind of occasion!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-15-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:35 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
I just bought 3 bags of chocolates and candy for my kids (for Easter)! Well... part of that space was taken up by the plastic eggs to put them in for the hunt). Lord help me to resist! I plan on buying lots of chocolate soy puffs before Easter... I can have one packet a day on Easter weekend and any other day that the kids eat their treats in front of me and when I don't feel strong (as long as I don't have any other restricted items on that day)! ...and yes, I know that it's not good for them but come on! They are little kids and it is just that kind of occasion!
Susie, you and I are about a month apart on the program and I will tell you that I've noticed in the past few weeks especially, "bad" foods don't have the same kind of hold on me that they used to so instead of focusing on what you "can't" have, focus more on what you can have now and will eventually be able to have again (in moderation) later. This thinking has really helped me stay on track
Old 04-15-2011, 03:48 PM   #70  
Started IP 04/02/11

S/C/G: 178/166/135

Height: 5' 0

Fly by post! WI#2 -2lbs ~ was expecting a little more but not going to get down about it! That's 6lbs of fat that I lost so far in 2 weeks, I will take it!

Hope you are all having a wonderful Friday!
Old 04-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #71  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Yes.. so I tried the broccoli soup and liked it even wrote a review on it..and then a few hours later I was feeling like crap (which hasn't happened since about week 3)...headache, nausea etc...so I checked the ingredients on the soup at my coaches yesterday (she had given me a packet to try- she is GREAT this way) I did not have the ingredient list when I tried it and and sure enough...it has MSG gasp in it (at least the one's in the States do) and since I have an adverse reaction to MSG and Nitrates this explained my headache etc. Sooo....although it would be fun to try them I am shocked that IP actually allows this stuff in their food -- MSG can create some serious electrolyte and fluid shifts in the body and it is really not good for you ...honestly I was kind of p@##%& -- I am a food purist so IP as a whole has been a difficult pill to swallow. I figured I could stomach the fake sugar but and over processed packets...but MSG come on -- anyway that is my vent just wanted to put it out there for those of you who are sensitive to MSG or who take issue with even more artificial in our astronaut food
at my WI yesterday, I asked about this soup. It turns out that my coaches have it, but they are not selling it to us because they have huge issues with the ingredients. I really enjoy that my coaches really are looking out for my best interest!
Old 04-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
Doesn't coconut oil have a lot of calories and fat though? I already have a jar of it, it makes a great diaper rash cream.
It also works great for my daughters excema!
Old 04-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #73  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
at my WI yesterday, I asked about this soup. It turns out that my coaches have it, but they are not selling it to us because they have huge issues with the ingredients. I really enjoy that my coaches really are looking out for my best interest!
My coach said that it had been pulled and was being reformulated. She didn't say why. If I wanted to eat MSG, I would buy the cheaper soups on websites that are $11 or so for 7 instead of $27!

Let's hope they sort this out quickly and don't try to put crappy ingredients into any of other new products that they come out with.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 04-15-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:06 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 208/185/150

Height: 5'5"

Question Question about PB2

I posted this yesterday morning, early, and hoped I'd get an opinion on it. I know I directed it to Laura but would really appreciate some feedback on it. I'm just glad I was assured that they DO have it here in Canada.....that's just too cool.

Quote: PB2 isn't ok for phase 1. i have included the nutritional info below. BUT it will be a great source for peanut butter in phase 4!

Calories: 45
Calories from fat: 13

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1.5 g 3%
Saturated fat 0 g 0%
Trans fat < 0.01 g
Cholesterol < 0.01 mg 0%
Sodium 94 mg 4%
Total carbohydrate 5 g 2%
Dietary fiber 2 g 8%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 5 g

Thanks for posting this Laura.....I was going to this morning but you beat me to it.... When I added it to my shake the other night, I didn't even add a tsp. of it to the shake and considering the above numbers are for 2 Tbsp., less than 1 tsp. would be 1/4 g (.25) of fat, less than a gram of carbs and a very small amount of sugar. That was my thinking of adding a little flavour to a shake or pudding. Would this still not be ok? Inquiring minds want to know. If it's not, I'll put it aside until later.

Hugs,

Mary
Old 04-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Default Probably ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygal View Post
I posted this yesterday morning, early, and hoped I'd get an opinion on it. I know I directed it to Laura but would really appreciate some feedback on it. I'm just glad I was assured that they DO have it here in Canada.....that's just too cool.

Quote: PB2 isn't ok for phase 1. i have included the nutritional info below. BUT it will be a great source for peanut butter in phase 4!

Calories: 45
Calories from fat: 13

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1.5 g 3%
Saturated fat 0 g 0%
Trans fat < 0.01 g
Cholesterol < 0.01 mg 0%
Sodium 94 mg 4%
Total carbohydrate 5 g 2%
Dietary fiber 2 g 8%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 5 g

Thanks for posting this Laura.....I was going to this morning but you beat me to it.... When I added it to my shake the other night, I didn't even add a tsp. of it to the shake and considering the above numbers are for 2 Tbsp., less than 1 tsp. would be 1/4 g (.25) of fat, less than a gram of carbs and a very small amount of sugar. That was my thinking of adding a little flavour to a shake or pudding. Would this still not be ok? Inquiring minds want to know. If it's not, I'll put it aside until later.

Hugs,

Mary
Hi Mary,
When I read this I thought, yep, that's probably fine since you only added a scant teaspoon to it. If this is your only "extra" thing you are adding to your IP food, once per day, then it's ok. But if you make a lot of little allowances and add extra things all over the place, that's not ok. Track what you eat and correlate it with your weight per day. You will be able to tell if you can allow the pb2 or not.

It seems fine in general.
Closed Thread