Old 07-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #1  
IP start: July 3 2011

S/C/G: 133/120/110-115

Height: 5'2

Default How important are the 2 cups of veggies?

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering how important it is to have your two cups of veggies, twice a day in phase one? I've been on ip for one week now and am still struggling with getting my full servings in. Im usually full and satisfied with either my ip pack or piece of meat, with a little veggies, but the full two cups is quite a lot. Not to mention sometime I just don't have the time to prepare cooked veggies.

Also, I've been usually fulfilling my 2 cups of veggies with dill pickles, which surprised me when they were on the list since they are so high in sodium and usually banned from most diets. Could this essentially effect my weight loss goals?
Skurzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:19 PM   #2  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I thought the amount of veggies was 4 cups a day????? For me personally.. i only do 2 cups at dinner and a protein and thats it..Ive only been on barely a week and and im barely interested in eating now..I do 2 cups a day and 4 packets and my 1 protein meal and ive lost 10 pounds in 5 days..so it hasnt slowed my weight loss..dont know about anyone else..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:21 PM   #3  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skurzy View Post
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering how important it is to have your two cups of veggies, twice a day in phase one? I've been on ip for one week now and am still struggling with getting my full servings in. Im usually full and satisfied with either my ip pack or piece of meat, with a little veggies, but the full two cups is quite a lot. Not to mention sometime I just don't have the time to prepare cooked veggies.

Also, I've been usually fulfilling my 2 cups of veggies with dill pickles, which surprised me when they were on the list since they are so high in sodium and usually banned from most diets. Could this essentially effect my weight loss goals?
From my IP coach.....hope it answers your question, at least indirectly!

There is science behind everything that Ideal Protein sets forth in the diet protocol. For example, using a furnace as an analogy, you must have wood and air for a fire to continue to burn. Consider IP protein packets as the wood and your serving of veggies as the air.....you must put the two together at lunch and dinner to get the fire (your metabolism) to continue to burn. Some of you are missing the veggie component....it is best to follow your blue/gray sheet exactly as prescribed. No other diet is this extensive in scientific design...that is why it is called "Your last Diet"!
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:47 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
From my IP coach.....hope it answers your question, at least indirectly!

There is science behind everything that Ideal Protein sets forth in the diet protocol. For example, using a furnace as an analogy, you must have wood and air for a fire to continue to burn. Consider IP protein packets as the wood and your serving of veggies as the air.....you must put the two together at lunch and dinner to get the fire (your metabolism) to continue to burn. Some of you are missing the veggie component....it is best to follow your blue/gray sheet exactly as prescribed. No other diet is this extensive in scientific design...that is why it is called "Your last Diet"!
Oh, I really like reading what your IP coach gave you! I don't think I have seen this before. I wish she would have gone into exactly what these 2 components do metabollically to burn the fat!
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #5  
aka CAT

Should of posted her latest words of encouragement too.....

As many of you know, I have also been on the Ideal Protein program since March. Having moved through Phase 1, 2 & 3, I am now on phase 4. I've studied phase 3 at great length because it is the part of the Ideal Protein diet that really sets it apart from all other diets. I am referring to the reprogramming of the pancreas which occurs in the 3rd phase of the program. What I have learned and experienced in my own body is that cheating does not necessarily cause a weight gain or sometimes not even stop the weight loss, although it usually catches up with you. What cheating does however, is break the "hibernation" of the pancreas. If the pancreas wakes up, however briefly, to secrete insulin and lower the effects of the cheat...it can not be resting and reprogramming. Therefore every cheat in phase 1 or 2 will result in two weeks longer in the resting or hibernating stage and ultimately result in remaining on the Ideal Product packets that much longer.

Hope this clarifies and makes you think before you cheat
!

I encourage everyone to read Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's booklet (link to pdf file can be found at the end of the initial posting for the Daily/Weekend Chat threads). Knowledge is power and if I am able to understand EXACTLY why my body is shedding fat at this fabulous rate , it gives me the strength each day to move forward with this program.....keeping my eye on the prize!
Old 07-10-2011, 02:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'7 1/2

I was told the 2 cups of veges at lunch and dinner are essential to helping with your metabolism & calories. It is also important as you start to change into the next phase and eliminate packets because it is suppose to help you in your process of learning what to eat....
sunshine1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #7  

Thanks for the information guys! Is a big help, and encouraging.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #8  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 221/212.6/140

Height: 5"2"

Hi I am new here and I am on the IP diet and in two weeks have lost 10lbs. I am wondering a few things. First, can someone tell me how to get that little progress weight loss scale at the bottom of some users posts and second, I am feeling a little nauseous with diarrhea? Is this normal on this diet?
Elizabetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabetha View Post
Hi I am new here and I am on the IP diet and in two weeks have lost 10lbs. I am wondering a few things. First, can someone tell me how to get that little progress weight loss scale at the bottom of some users posts and second, I am feeling a little nauseous with diarrhea? Is this normal on this diet?
I believe you need to be on the forum for more than 20 days, and also need to have at least 20 posts from your account. Are you taking the fibre pills from ip?
Old 07-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #10  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

As many of you know, I have also been on the Ideal Protein program since March. Having moved through Phase 1, 2 & 3, I am now on phase 4. I've studied phase 3 at great length because it is the part of the Ideal Protein diet that really sets it apart from all other diets. I am referring to the reprogramming of the pancreas which occurs in the 3rd phase of the program. What I have learned and experienced in my own body is that cheating does not necessarily cause a weight gain or sometimes not even stop the weight loss, although it usually catches up with you. What cheating does however, is break the "hibernation" of the pancreas. If the pancreas wakes up, however briefly, to secrete insulin and lower the effects of the cheat...it can not be resting and reprogramming. Therefore every cheat in phase 1 or 2 will result in two weeks longer in the resting or hibernating stage and ultimately result in remaining on the Ideal Product packets that much longer.

!

I encourage everyone to read Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's booklet (link to pdf file can be found at the end of the initial posting for the Daily/Weekend Chat threads). Knowledge is power and if I am able to understand EXACTLY why my body is shedding fat at this fabulous rate , it gives me the strength each day to move forward with this program.....keeping my eye on the prize!
Can you please post this in the newbie thread I think they really need to hear this, as well as maybe the oops I cheated thread. It is invaluable information and maybe reading this will change some minds. Please also if you get more advise from your coach you think we should hear about please post. Thank you so much....
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabetha View Post
I had quite a bit of stomach type trouble the first few weeks of being OP. You might want to check with your coach - someone here suggested that it might be the Cal/Mag and I went down to 3 a day and got some relief. I added the one back in a few times until my stomach got used to it and now don't have a problem with it. Good luck & congratulations on the 10 lbs - that's awesome!!
jd447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:24 PM   #12  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Can you please post this in the newbie thread I think they really need to hear this, as well as maybe the oops I cheated thread. It is invaluable information and maybe reading this will change some minds. Please also if you get more advise from your coach you think we should hear about please post. Thank you so much....
I'd be happy to....on all accounts! I will work on that today.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

!

I wish I would have read this before I cheated last week.
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skurzy View Post
Hi everyone,

It is important to follow this protocol the science behind it works. That said try to make your veggies ahead by prepping them and steaming or roasting then they'll be ready for a couple of days to throw together some salads or just bowls of seasoned veggies, try eating 1C. 4x a day if its easier for you. The veggies are also important for the Fiber in them, it help flush everything out as well as keeping you satisfied.
niknakjack is offline   Reply With Quote