Old 04-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #1  
in need of help!

Default How long???

I am on day 6...finding it quite hard to get the packs in. I find they taste horrible! Oh well!
Anyway, my goal is to lose 20 pounds. I am 5'6" and weigh 164 pounds. How long does it take to lose that much? I know everybody is different but I would like to hear your stories...
gigi1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #2  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

as you said everyone is different. My story won't help you, because my start weight was 227lbs. So obviously I will lose quicker than you in the beginning. My first week I lost 11lbs. second week I lose 2lbs and 3rd week I lost 6lbs. So in 3 weeks I was already down 19lbs.

Which foods have you tried? I can't seem to stomach the soups, find them horrible. I don't really like most of the puddings (especially strawberry, that was probably the worst thing I have ever tasted) I do like the vanilla one though,

the only foods I enjoy are... omelet, chocolate drink, lemon pudding, jello, apple cinnamon puffs, lemon poppy seed bar, south west cheese curls, bbq chips, white chcolate cinnamon bar (see a pattern? I mostly like the high carb foods!)

keep trying new foods until you find the ones you like.
Shrinking Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 148/132.4/125

Height: 5'5"

I started with about 28 pounds to lose. 4 days in I had lost 3.5 pounds, but a week later I lost 3.4 pounds. I weigh in again tomorrow, but so far I've lost about 3.5 pounds a week, which would translate to about 6 weeks to lose 20.
amoderngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:13 PM   #4  
Donna

Height: 5'

Do you know what you did to lose so much weight in week 3? I am on Week 1, Day 5, and like Gigi, I find a lot of the packets disgusting. I do already have a few favorites, but no puddings or soups...Congratulations on your beginning. You're doing great!
SouthernMimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi1023 View Post
I am on day 6...finding it quite hard to get the packs in. I find they taste horrible! Oh well!
Anyway, my goal is to lose 20 pounds. I am 5'6" and weigh 164 pounds. How long does it take to lose that much? I know everybody is different but I would like to hear your stories...
As far as the packets go, read through the recipes thread and the one called Fun with IP Packets. You'll get some ideas for tweaking them and using them in different ways.

Of course, as Sandra already said, it's hard to know how quickly you'll lose weight. From your photo I can see you're young (with 2 very adorable kids ), so you have that working for you! I started just over 10 pounds heavier than you, AND I'm 50, and I lost 22 lbs on 7 weeks. I'm sure you'll do great & hopefully be really happy with the diet once the pounds start coming off.

Keep us posted about your upcoming weigh in!

Kelly
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 263/212/160

Height: 5'7

I have lost 30 lbs in 7 weeks. Started very strong loosing 7 pounds and now average 3-4 pounds a week. I am starting much higher than you as well so I may loose it faster than you might. But just remember no cheating. One little cheat will set you back at least a week. So stay true and it will come off fast.
cesteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesteacher View Post
I have lost 30 lbs in 7 weeks. Started very strong loosing 7 pounds and now average 3-4 pounds a week. I am starting much higher than you as well so I may loose it faster than you might. But just remember no cheating. One little cheat will set you back at least a week. So stay true and it will come off fast.
Speaking of the 'Fun with IP Packets' thread, what needs to happen to make that thread a sticky? I really think it belongs up there - I'm always looking for it.
hollyfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Here is my experience with the packets (I am hoping this might be helpful to you):

Unrestricted:
- Ready-to-drink drink box, vanilla: love it but only in the morning (breakfast);
- Ready-to-drink drink box, chocolate: love it but only in the evening (snack);
- Leek soup: I didn't really like this one but I only tried one when I was just starting out and I know that my taste buds have changed... I intend to try it again one more time;
- Mushroom soup: I like it a lot but I cook mushrooms in olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder and then add them to my soup;
- Tomato basil soup: I like it, in a cup, with one capful of apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, sea salt, pepper and extra oregano added;
- Crispy cereal: not bad... I prefer with cinamon sprinkled on it to hide the powdery texture of the "milk"
- Omelet: very tasty - one of my favorite but too heavy for me to have for breakfast. I prefer it for lunch. It is quite filling/satisfying as a meal.

Restricted:
- Chili: very nice;
- Spaghetti Bolognese: it's okay - I like it with mushrooms added. I will be trying it with Miracle Noodles added next time I have it;
- Choco-Raspberry Bars: very yummy - - I may keep these around even when I am done with the diet (price is my obstacle because I know I can get other brands of protein bars for a better value... but I do really like this one);
- Soy puffs (chocolate and apple cinamon): excellent - I intend to keep these around even when I am done with the diet;
- Salt & vinegar ridges: excellent - I intend to keep these around even when I am done with the diet;
- Chocolate pancake/muffin mix: I like this as muffins (it makes 2 mini muffins for me and I think they taste more like cupcakes than muffins).

I also happen to like the WF salad dressings (I have tried ceasar and balsamic) and the seafood sauce.

I did not particulary like the WF thick and spicy BBQ sauce.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-12-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote