3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat - 8-10 April 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/230071-ip-weekend-chat-8-10-april-2011-a.html)

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 04-10-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra (Post 3800538)
Just felt like bragging. This week I lost 6lbs! :carrot::carrot:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Yesterday here in toronto the weather was amazing. I took my daughter to a birthday party, and was tempted by the hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, chips, coke, (I used to drink A LOT) and cupcakes. I am proud to say I didn't have ANYTHING and was so proud.

congrats when I stepped on the scale and it showed a 7 lb lose this week I looked at the coach and said is this scale right? I usually weigh at night so I know it is a little higher then in the morning but I was very excited. Congrats again on your lose keep it up.:hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by maykatcooper (Post 3800548)
Let me just say... "I am so happy that I've stuck with the program!" Smile. I am now 59 and have not passed this point in my weight since I was 39 and then only for a couple of weeks. I have tried soooooo many plans and programs in the past and just stayed within 5-10 pounds from the same point. Along came one "hickup" and I was right back where I started.

I hope to be able to say (this time next week) that I am under 200! That is such an amazing hallmark and goal for me. We had bride and mom-of-bride fitting this last week - and then 11 hours at the mall outside NYC - and I survived... Thirty pounds heavier, I would not have the same happy ending. The wedding is 1 month from tomorrow. I'm getting so very excited. Smile. Thanks for letting me gush a little...

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartb...3/165/201/.png

Congratulations and you will have a great time at the wedding. You can dance all night now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolberger (Post 3800713)
Your post made me get out my calculator. It looks like I paid
$44 per pound to lose 45lbs. Was it worth it? Absolutely!! I am so happy to have found IP. I am thrilled how well it worked. Do I wish they could lower the price a little? Sure, but they introduced me to a program that has literally changed my outlook on life.
I lost 11lbs the first 2 weeks, then chugged along slowly until I reached goal. Though it was slow going, I didn't really mind because I was not starving all the time. I learned how to eat out with my family and not go off plan. That's the big difference with this plan. My tastes have changed.
Stick with the plan. It IS worth it. It looks like you are already halfway to goal. Come here to post and exchange ideas. Check out the other threads.
Good Luck to you! (and No, I don't work for IP:))

Lynn

Lynn you always inspire me with your comman sense, thanks for being here for us newbies.:hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treena (Post 3800759)
I just searched the forum for the last half an hour for a Thai recipe using WF peanut butter. I swear I had seen it somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere! Am I fabricating a memory? If so, I guess I'll be making up a new recipe (and will post it if it's good)!

I put a peanutbutter thai sauce recipe in recipes 2 link I think about page 23, If you can't find it you can pm me and I will give it to you again. :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontariophotogal (Post 3800959)
Hey everyone! Glad to see such great convos going on all weekend :)

It's been a crazy busy few days for me so this is a drive by post but wanted to pat myself on the back a bit as I photographed an elaborate (Italian) bridal shower Friday evening that had an ENORMOUS amount of home made pastries, candy and other unmentionables and I honestly didn't even find it HARD to resist! Then, just today, I went to a baby shower and knew I was going to be faced with temptation once again so I had packed up my water and some WF dressing, hoping there was a veggie tray, and there was :) I was again able to get through another event without being tempted OR sad that I couldn't partake in what everyone else was having. The feeling of being proud of my accomplishments FAR outweighs any negative feelings about not being able to "enjoy" at this point. I know I will again eventually and that's good enough for me :)

Anyways, I also want to ask...the recipe with the chicken nuggets and cheese puffs thing sounds FABULOUS!!! My only concern is wondering if that's too much "protein" in one meal?

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone :)

You are doing so good, it is nice to see that when an obsticle is in your way you work it through and find a way to stay IP. I think you are doing a great job and I love your photos...:carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich (Post 3800993)
Good question! I'm going to say no, it shouldn't be an issue. The restricted packets are already lower in protein than the rest of the packets are, and if you are only breading 5 or 6 oz of chicken, you're using roughly 1/3 of the pkg (when I make it for just me, I crush half of the package up and end up tossing some of it at the end). I don't even count this as my 3rd packet for the day, though I try not to have any other restricted packets in the course of the day because I like my nuggets with reduced sugar Heinz ketchup.

That sounds so good, I am going to have to try it. Thanks Mrs D, I am thinking I will have to try it with a peanut butter sauce... :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrean (Post 3801026)
omg so I just went through my closet and culled a bunch of clothes that don't fit anymore and tried ona bunch that were too small! wow I should do that more often a definite boost for the ol self esteem! Clothes that I hadn't worn in years now fit! I even tried on a size 12! (had a muffin top but who cares they still did up!) I got rid of a whole bag and could have gotten rid of more but held on to ones that might tailor or that still sorta fit me (I refuse to buy new clothes until I am done loosing weight!) I gotta be able to wear something haha. Feels so good to get rid of those "fat clothes"
I think I was annoying the heck out of my husband I kept interrupting his work showing him how big some clothes were and how too small clothes now fit hahah

That is great, are you moved yet or just preparing to move? I have a whole bag of clothing that I have shrunk out of and a lot of them or so well worn that they are just going to be rag bags. Have a good week and a great move.

Adrean 04-10-2011 09:11 PM

Thanks! I will be moving at the end of May! super excited to be out of our teeny little apartment and into a house :) when I move I will likely do another cull of too big clothes yipee! and there better not be anymore snow on the ground at that point! we are getting closer and closer tho hopefully by the end of this week we will only have the big piles left (fingers crossed)

blueandwhite 04-10-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrean (Post 3801026)
omg so I just went through my closet and culled a bunch of clothes that don't fit anymore and tried ona bunch that were too small! wow I should do that more often a definite boost for the ol self esteem! Clothes that I hadn't worn in years now fit! I even tried on a size 12! (had a muffin top but who cares they still did up!) I got rid of a whole bag and could have gotten rid of more but held on to ones that might tailor or that still sorta fit me (I refuse to buy new clothes until I am done loosing weight!) I gotta be able to wear something haha. Feels so good to get rid of those "fat clothes"
I think I was annoying the heck out of my husband I kept interrupting his work showing him how big some clothes were and how too small clothes now fit hahah

I did the same thing last weekend! Feels great, and no money spent!! :carrot:

JessicaL 04-10-2011 09:55 PM

Arg!

I have done really well the last few days, even managed to stay on plan eating out with my husband on a date last night. This morning I made baked french toast for my family, and wasn't even tempted. But I didn't get to eat lunch until late, and while I was fixing my veggies I blew it! That darned gooey french toast pan was sitting there, and before I knew t I had practically licked it clean! Sugar is a big weakness for me, and apparently being hungry lowers my resistance even more. I guess the lesson learned is to not let myself get hungry, and to eat what I should before I try to face down any temptations! I ate my planned food, and have jumped back on board at this point. But I'm kicking myself over that pan!:(

Mrs Diettrich 04-10-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessicaL (Post 3801224)
I have done really well the last few days, even managed to stay on plan eating out with my husband on a date last night. This morning I made baked french toast for my family, and wasn't even tempted. But I didn't get to eat lunch until late, and while I was fixing my veggies I blew it! That darned gooey french toast pan was sitting there, and before I knew t I had practically licked it clean! Sugar is a big weakness for me, and apparently being hungry lowers my resistance even more. I guess the lesson learned is to not let myself get hungry, and to eat what I should before I try to face down any temptations! I ate my planned food, and have jumped back on board at this point. But I'm kicking myself over that pan!:(

Jess, I was battling the same thing today for the same reasons you were - I was GRUMPY on the way home from church because I was starving. And you're right, being hungry makes you much more susceptible to giving in to the bad stuff. I find that if I make treats for R or have any of that sort of thing in the house, I need to get it out of sight as quickly as possible and do the dishes too. Even if I just fill the bowl or pan with soap & water and leave it, it renders everything in it inedible. A few weeks ago, there were brownies in a bag that R hadn't touched for a couple of days but I was fantasizing about eating the edges of and I finally took them and literally flushed them down the toilet.

So, get back on that horse immediately and I'd suggest doing a shake or something tonight rather than your bar. I know you love them, but they are higher in carbs than the shakes are. You may not have entirely wrecked your week.

woolberger 04-10-2011 10:11 PM

To Riderollercoast,

Thank you for your kind words. I'm never sure about chiming in but sometimes I am moved to. I love keeping up with everyone here. You are all inspiring!

Lynn

Shrinking Sandra 04-10-2011 10:24 PM

[QUOTE=2RIDEROLLERCOAST;3801154]congrats when I stepped on the scale and it showed a 7 lb lose this week I looked at the coach and said is this scale right? I usually weigh at night so I know it is a little higher then in the morning but I was very excited. Congrats again on your lose keep it up.:hug:

Amazing!!!! That must have felt unbelievable! Great work keep it up!!

woolberger 04-10-2011 11:32 PM

Treena,

I found Toriderollercoast's recipe for peanut sauce. Recipes thread #2, page 28, post # 413. Looks good!

Lynn

Adnamaj 04-11-2011 04:10 AM

Great weekend post everyone!

Adnamaj 04-11-2011 04:13 AM

I'm So Motivated When I Read This Forum!

EatAnts 04-11-2011 06:44 AM

This Thread is now Closed

Please post all new posts and replies in today's chat: Monday, 11 April 2011

crystalchuckgracie 04-11-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceman11 (Post 3798216)
Thanks.

Give me a shout if you would like some help with alternatives. You are doing great! Keep at it!

hey juiceman11,can you help me with alternatives? have you found an alternative pudding, and chocolate drink?:hug: