Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 06:51 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - 5 April 2011
Old 04-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
Much better day today...phew. I even gave up my restricted snack because I *gasp - danger danger for me* ate a piece of FULL fat cheddar cheese without even thinking about it.....popped it in my mouth before I even realized and then there was NO turning back. I'm a cheeseaholic....oy. But, i felt good about skipping my restricted snack just for tonight and have WI #3 in the morning....

Have a great OP day tomorrow everyone! Glad you're back from your trip cuz!!
Hey. Reality check here....it was a PIECE OF CHEESE. Not cheesecake, not cheeseburger....a flippin' bite sized piece of cheese. Ya done good in my book. You could have said, "Screw it--I'm off plan so I may as well chow down!!"---and you didn't. Good for you!! Progress.... not perfection!!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all. Tomorrow is my first WI and I am very excited. Tonight I am flying home and will get to see my DH again. We found out on Friday that she had a breast biopsy- and yesterday that it was cancerous-but very curable. Please keep her in your thoughts. Not being able to be there for him has been hard.
I am eating my lean protein for lunch and drinking my dinner because I know the terminal I will be flying out of will not have anything I can really eat. The customer's cafeteria has a nice salad bar. That's all for now. Will be checking back during breaks today to read up on how everyone else is doing!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

Oh question: Water chestnuts I read are high in carbs-are they a never or occasional?
Old 04-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Wednesday everybody!

My gym workout went well on Monday and I am planning on doing another one today and looking forward to it!

Yesterday, I forgot to bring my salad dressing to work again, so I went down to my gym (hence, my coach) and purchased the WF Balsamic salad dressing (it was the only type she had left). I actually enjoyed it... a lot! She is supposed to get a new order of dressings today... I am hoping that she gets the Thousand Island one so that I can try the Big Mac in a Bowl. I am dying to try it!

For a confession/NSV: I must say that I am so pleased with the way my husband is looking at me these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissbutterflyz View Post
Hola!

Fly by post....day 4 and I am starving! What's up with that? I have been drinking way more water than required but have still been super hungry today. At least the headaches are finally gone.

Hope everyone is having a super fabulous 100% on plan day!

CIAO
My coach told me that it's really important for me to not be hungry. She told me to carry around celery sticks, slices of cooked ham (watch the sodium) and hard boiled eggs (preferably the white only). Dill pickles make a good snack too. I've heard others say that they had an extra packet per day during the first week or two. You may want to check with your coach.

I am happy for you that your headaches are gone! I had them too. It's all uphill from here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaya2081 View Post
Good morning all. Tomorrow is my first WI and I am very excited. Tonight I am flying home and will get to see my DH again. We found out on Friday that she had a breast biopsy- and yesterday that it was cancerous-but very curable. Please keep her in your thoughts. Not being able to be there for him has been hard.
I am eating my lean protein for lunch and drinking my dinner because I know the terminal I will be flying out of will not have anything I can really eat. The customer's cafeteria has a nice salad bar. That's all for now. Will be checking back during breaks today to read up on how everyone else is doing!
Good luck with your WI.
Thoughts and prayers going out to you for your DH. Just take it one step at a time.

Quote:
Oh question: Water chestnuts I read are high in carbs-are they a never or occasional?
Good question but my coach told me: "If it's not on the sheet, it's not allowed in phase 1. When in doubt, I leave it out." No doubt, someone here can give you a better answer though!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-06-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:20 AM   #6  

Good morning! My biggest hurdle will be sticking to plan after a low number on the scale. I don't know how the scale whores do it, I get upset at seeing even an explainable gain. Yesterday, I think I weighed myself ten times and had a five lb range. It made me a little emotional, even though I knew I had consumed 3+ liters of water and all of my food. I am going to try to put the scale away and only get weighed by my coach and see if that helps.

WI #2 is Friday and I'm hoping for three lbs....fingers crossed!

Sugadiva-are you doing the alternative plan that allows dairy, carbs, and fruit? I am sort of because I am breastfeeding, but I don't eat my fruit. If the cheese is less than 20% you can have 30 g once a day. Either way, a piece of cheese is nothing! You are doing great!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #7  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning all! Hope everyone has wonderful 100% protocol day. This is they best gift you can give to yourself and that is who you should think of first, YOURSELF! Be selfish about this program and do it just for you and you only.

Today is my birthday and my 60+ pounds gone in almost 3 months is my gift to myself. I still have a few more to lose and will continue to the end.

Remember this is not a race, it is a marathon. This is no over night miracle, it was no overnight miracle that put the weight on for us. Celebrate the weeks you have big loss, celebrate the weeks you have little to hardly any loss. YOU ARE STILL LOSING! We are no longer gaining weight, we are taking it off for good. Some of faster than others but who cares, everyday we are becoming healthier, happier and LIGHTER!

We should all be proud of ourselves for taking on this program and sticking to it. It is difficult at times, but not as difficult as dealing with health related weight issues for the rest of your life. I pick this over dealing with tight clothes, out of breath, pills for this or that, heart attacks...etc. Lets all finish strong and know that if we follow the plan, IT WILL WORK. We may not see the same result week after week, but WE ARE SEEING RESULTS!

Keep up the good work my fellow IPer's! Finish the marathon strong!
Old 04-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Good morning all. Tonight I am flying home and will get to see my DH again. We found out on Friday that she had a breast biopsy- and yesterday that it was cancerous-but very curable.
Wow---curable or not---still anxiety provoking and challenging---will be keeping you both in my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Happy Wednesday everybody!

My gym workout went well on Monday and I am planning on doing another one today and looking forward to it!

For a confession/NSV: I must say that I am so pleased with the way my husband is looking at me these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Orchid View Post
Yesterday, I think I weighed myself ten times and had a five lb range. It made me a little emotional, even though I knew I had consumed 3+ liters of water and all of my food. I am going to try to put the scale away and only get weighed by my coach and see if that helps.
Ok, "scale whore"is one thing----multiple weighins in one day seems a horse of another color----going "cold turkey" is one approach. Another is to commit to weighing just once per day (for me it is first thing in the morning).

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning all! Hope everyone has wonderful 100% protocol day. This is they best gift you can give to yourself and that is who you should think of first, YOURSELF! Be selfish about this program and do it just for you and you only.

Today is my birthday and my 60+ pounds gone in almost 3 months is my gift to myself. I still have a few more to lose and will continue to the end.

Remember this is not a race, it is a marathon. This is no over night miracle, it was no overnight miracle that put the weight on for us. Celebrate the weeks you have big loss, celebrate the weeks you have little to hardly any loss. YOU ARE STILL LOSING! We are no longer gaining weight, we are taking it off for good. Some of faster than others but who cares, everyday we are becoming healthier, happier and LIGHTER!

We should all be proud of ourselves for taking on this program and sticking to it. It is difficult at times, but not as difficult as dealing with health related weight issues for the rest of your life. I pick this over dealing with tight clothes, out of breath, pills for this or that, heart attacks...etc. Lets all finish strong and know that if we follow the plan, IT WILL WORK. We may not see the same result week after week, but WE ARE SEEING RESULTS!

LOVE IT---Very well said!!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #9  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, juiceman!!! Hope it's a great day for you!! We all appreciate your encouragement. It's just what I needed after seeing the same number on the scale since Saturday. Today, I'm going to up the water, ditch the Crystal Lite and skip the restricted. Hopefully the whoosh fairy finds that delightful.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #10  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
32 g for 2 cups; more than a daily allowance of carbs.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #11  

Northern Orchid, I don't know if your coach told you this or not, but you shouldn't be on this program if you are breastfeeding. Something about passing on the ketones to baby which is not a good thing for their development. Give your coach a call and talk it over..... or maybe someone else can confirm??
Old 04-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #12  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Happy Birthday Juice
You are doing great. I love your message this morning we all have to remember we are doing a marathon... I am happy being on it and I think it is the best gift we all can give ourselves. Everyone keep up the good work..

scale HOs okay, so at first I would only use the coach's scale, then it was once a week half way through the week to see if I am on target... omg now last night and this morning with a 5 lbs difference... holy cow I am going to have to hide it from myself.... I am going back to once a week people... I like the surprise.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #13  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!! You have done an amazing job - what a FANTASTIC birthday present you have given yourself and your family. A true inspiration.

As for the BMI thing -- use the Mayo Clinic BMI calculator - it is much more accurate and takes into account other things besides just weight. My husband who is 6'2 and 200 pounds decided to make a point about the BMI when he learned he was considered "overweight" now anyone who looks at my husband always says "my gawd he is soooo skinny" (maybe because I looked so fat standing next to him) anyway he got down to 193 (and a size 30 waist) which is the top weight for his height to be considered "normal" according to the BMI -- honestly he looked like Gahndi (no offense to anyone)-- what he had achieved was a scrawny chicken chest (it actually caved in right beneath his breast bone) and I could see the bones in his spine (not to mention his ribs) -- he looked awful - honestly he looked like he was one bad case of the flu away from being hospitalized. He went back to the doctor and they immediately started doing all these tests because they thought he looked sick -- of course everything was fine but he told the doctor -- this is what "normal" BMI looks like on me -- the doctor took a step back and said "well...hmm...this definitely doesn't look at all normal...maybe we should reconsider normal for you" -- He has now gained his 7 pounds back and looks great-- So....I think you need to do what is right for your body - you know what works best for you - maintaining a weight that is in the healthy range is more important then yo-yo-ing because you cannot maintain the "normal" weight as prescribed by some calculator.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Northern Orchid, I see the scale as being similar to the stock market. It will go up and down, up and down all day, every day. It can make you nervous, make you excited, and make you upset again. It just keeps you on edge. If you check it just once in a while, like every week, you'll be less likely to be stressed out every day during the week, and feel much better! The difference between the scale and the stock market is that, on IP, you see losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
Remember this diet is like getting a college degree. When you hold the diploma in your hand no one will ask which quarter did you make an A? When you have reached your goal no one will ask which week did you loose the most? So hold fast till the scales will give you numbers. Judy
That a great explanation!! I love that perspective, and I will keep that in mind! Thanks!
Old 04-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Birthday, Juiceman!!! Have an awesome day!!
Closed Thread