Old 04-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Default Got It Down Now!

I put in a cup of water, then my veggies and kept it on a low variable setting. Hardly an foam created. Didn't mix very long, just until blended. Then I added the Pomegranite Blueberry drink mix and kept it low and didn't blend too long, kind of pulsated it until blended. It created so much less foam and tasted pretty good! Thanks everyone for suggesting using the drink mixes!
GettingItOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 340/335/200

Height: 6'1"

Mmmm...I almost forgot about basil. I planted some cinnamon basil and sweet basil last year and started to use it in my smoothies since it is such a big producer. A bunch of the seeds are sprouting now, so I am going to move some to another spot. I am going to plant some mint, too. They seem to grow so easily, I can't believe what I was paying for fresh herbs at the store. We tried cilantro, but the ground gets too warm early on here in South Texas and it flowers/seeds very quickly.
stinhoutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Default Basil and Cilantro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinhoutx View Post
Mmmm...I almost forgot about basil. I planted some cinnamon basil and sweet basil last year and started to use it in my smoothies since it is such a big producer. A bunch of the seeds are sprouting now, so I am going to move some to another spot. I am going to plant some mint, too. They seem to grow so easily, I can't believe what I was paying for fresh herbs at the store. We tried cilantro, but the ground gets too warm early on here in South Texas and it flowers/seeds very quickly.
I love basil and cilantro. I need to go to the store and get some fresh herbs. The basil I like best is from the Asian Grocery store. It's the BEST!!
GettingItOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 243/243/120

Height: 5'5

Default Vita Mix

What is Vita Mix??
Texasgirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #20  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasgirl123 View Post
What is Vita Mix??
Go to www.Vitamix.com
Blender/juicer
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #21  

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's trying to find ideas on how to incorporate my VitaMixer with IP!

I can't stand the IP fruit drinks - so have been living on choc pudding (was choc drink, but the pudding is lower carb so using that instead) - and soy patties.

However, after reading about mixing in veggies (too bad we can't have carrots - altho I've heard that if they're raw they are lower carb than cooked? anyone have info on that?).

I may just go and buy some fruit drinks (now that it's winter and we've got 6" of snow on the ground - I really want hot stuff - but don't care for the soups either - well, I like the mushroom - but that's the only one ...but never thought about pureeing my veggies and soup together in VitaMixer! That's a great idea!). I just really don't like having to get bowl out - drinks are so much easier :-)
sugerray50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #22  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

If you guys come up with anything using the Tomato Basil soup I would love to know. I can't get past it.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #23  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugerray50 View Post
but never thought about pureeing my veggies and soup together in VitaMixer! That's a great idea!). I just really don't like having to get bowl out - drinks are so much easier :-)
So make a vat of vegetables and freeze them in the portions you want. That's what I used to do (when I wasn't in Europe and my vitamix was 12 time zones away.)
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 169/156/140

Height: 5'4"

We love our Vitamix and use it daily to make green smoothies for the family (1 green to 2-3 fruits). So, it has been a struggle for me not being able to have one too. I like your idea of adding the drink mixes to it. I have made a number of raw veggie soups in my Vitamix...you just let it run a little longer and it will warm up right in there. You can make a raw broccoli or cauliflower soup easily (or lightly steam them first) and toss in garlic, onion and some seasoning. Healthy and delicious.
Ilana1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #25  

Ok - I've learned what NOT to do with my vitamixer and IP!

I absolutely love the soy patties - I fry them up and sprinkle them on my salad. So - with it being winter and reading some of these posts and wanting to use my Vitamixer - I thought - heck! Throw the soy patty in, with some beef bouillon and a bunch of spinach..... blech!

So then I thought - OK - I'll add another soy patty packet - and some more beef bouillon and some celery - blech!

Not only does it look like a babies green diaper - it tasted like it...

Now - I'm not one to waste these packets - so I add another! doi! and this time I added some oregano, basil and cumin. Ok - so I still can't handle the sight of it... but it's almost tolerable...

Today - since we can't have cooked onion - I diced up some raw onion and threw it in...definitely more palatable - only 1 serving left to choke down! Needless to say - don't mix a VitaMixer and Soy Patty mix...blech! LOL!

I'm not sure what they put in the Soy Patty mix to make it so gelatinous - but that spinach/celery puree mush at the top of my soup is like fermenting, bubbling mounds of green algae - yep - sounds delicious!

Last edited by sugerray50; 01-23-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
So make a vat of vegetables and freeze them in the portions you want. That's what I used to do (when I wasn't in Europe and my vitamix was 12 time zones away.)
I don't mind the veggies - it's just the fact that I don't want to nuke everything... :-)