Old 03-17-2011, 01:14 PM   #31  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
PROTEIN QUESTION; when is it TOO much protein for your body? does anyone know if there is a way to calculate what is right for each person? What is the limit, before it is converted to extras and stored as fat? Thanks all!
I had this same question and since I'm really active (Zumba instructor) I found it is your weight x .8. I think for an average female it was weight x .67. There are several calculators online. Choose one that lets you choose your activity level because that seemed to make a big difference in my energy level. The .67 was leaving me crashing after work-outs. I hope that helps.

Last edited by EatAnts; 03-17-2011 at 01:15 PM.
EatAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
I had this same question and since I'm really active (Zumba instructor) I found it is your weight x .8. I think for an average female it was weight x .67. There are several calculators online. Choose one that lets you choose your activity level because that seemed to make a big difference in my energy level. The .67 was leaving me crashing after work-outs. I hope that helps.
Thank you. I will try to find a calculator on line
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #33  

Hi there,
I'm new to IP and on Day 3 and finding this day VERY emotional - is this normal for most people?
I love reading about everyone's journey to a healthier person. Will be visiting time to time for more inspiration!
meonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #34  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

S/C/G: 279/264/160

Height: 5'6

I am struggling!
It's been a tough couple of weeks and ever since I cheated at my one week mark, I'm so hungry in the afternoons. I can't seem to choke down my water until the evening after ive had dinner. The first week I wasnt hungry at all! Today I'm flying to arizona for a wedding, I'm nervous, but I will be ok.
Monday was my second weigh in, I've lost a total of 14.5 lbs which is awesome, but I only went down 3.75 inches. The last 5 days of so my weight hasn't moved so maybe I'm losing the inches now? I have no idea!
TatiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #35  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatiN View Post
I am struggling!
It's been a tough couple of weeks and ever since I cheated at my one week mark, I'm so hungry in the afternoons. I can't seem to choke down my water until the evening after ive had dinner. The first week I wasnt hungry at all! Today I'm flying to arizona for a wedding, I'm nervous, but I will be ok.
Monday was my second weigh in, I've lost a total of 14.5 lbs which is awesome, but I only went down 3.75 inches. The last 5 days of so my weight hasn't moved so maybe I'm losing the inches now? I have no idea!
Try to hang in there. Remember the concept of losing inches varies with each person even more than the weight loss because there isn't a 'standard' set of measurements at each clinic. Some places don't measure at all. Some include ankles, and multiple leg measurements.

14.5 lbs in 2 weeks is incredible! Have more protein in the afternoon if you are starving. It might also help you get the water down, too. Or add cucumber/lemon/mint to the water pitcher as others have recommended.

Keep it up! You are doing a great job.
Lucky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #36  
started IP: Jan 24th 2011

S/C/G: 195/173/125

Height: 5'2"

Happy St-Patty's!!!

Stay away from the green beer, indulge in green leafy lettuce instead!
Ginger Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #37  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Just back from weigh in #3. Down another 2 lbs for a total of 11 in 3 weeks. While I wish it were more, I can't say that I've ever lost 11 in 3 weeks, so I'll take it!

Oh, and I'm 22% of my way to my weight loss goal in only three weeks. That's another way to look at it.

Updating signature now...

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 03-17-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #38  
IP 10/28/10

S/C/G: 294.6/181.8/144 (8/3/11)

Height: 5' 7"

Default RE: Tomato Basil Soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I have tried it once, just by itself, and it was ok. When I told my coach I liked it "but just ok", she mentioned that a few of her IPers had added apple cider vinegar and lots of fresh basil. I will try that next time.
I want to thank Pxlkitty4 for telling us about her coach's comment on the apple cider vinegar in the tomato soup. As unbelievable as it sounds it does make the soup taste better even when it is eaten without any other additions. I used about 1/2 teaspoon and added it after the soup was already in the bowl.

Thank you for giving me another lunch to look forward to.
smh321pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #39  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smh321pa View Post
I want to thank Pxlkitty4 for telling us about her coach's comment on the apple cider vinegar in the tomato soup. As unbelievable as it sounds it does make the soup taste better even when it is eaten without any other additions. I used about 1/2 teaspoon and added it after the soup was already in the bowl.

Thank you for giving me another lunch to look forward to.
You are most welcome... I agree, drastic improvement. It gets rid of the weird graininess and adds just a touch of zingy acidity.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #40  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Just back from weigh in #3. Down another 2 lbs for a total of 11 in 3 weeks. While I wish it were more, I can't say that I've ever lost 11 in 3 weeks, so I'll take it!

Good for you! I'm not losing quite as fast as some people, but I had to remind myself that I've never lost that much weight in such a short period of time before!

I'm enjoying the 60 degree weather we're having here in Connecticut and am planning for my weekend trip to Burlington, VT. Trying to figure out which packets to bring with me and where I can eat.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!
sp8275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #41  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
I am struggling!
You're doing what I do... dwell on things that aren't moving. I don't know why it's human nature to do that.

So, you've lost 14.5 lbs and your goal was a total of 66. You're right where I am. 22% of weight loss goal in, what, 3 weeks? (Forgive me if my calcs are off. I looked at your signature for part, your post for part, and counted your WIs in your signature for length of time.) That's amazing!!! Just stick with it.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #42  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp8275 View Post
Good for you! I'm not losing quite as fast as some people, but I had to remind myself that I've never lost that much weight in such a short period of time before!

I'm enjoying the 60 degree weather we're having here in Connecticut and am planning for my weekend trip to Burlington, VT. Trying to figure out which packets to bring with me and where I can eat.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!
We have very similar starting weight/current weight/and goal (but you got me beat on height by a few).

This weekend looks pretty darn nice here in Northern Virginia too. The days are longer, the grass is kinda green. Happy days are here. Have a great weekend.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #43  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

WI#10 today. i don't think i've lost much this week, but should be more than last week. perhaps my body is just slowing down a little bit. no big deal. i am still patiently awaiting my collar bones to arrive! i have wanted them for so long, and i placed the order back in january... maybe they are being held up by the bad weather, or maybe they are on back order for a bit. i just hope they arrive by summer. i have always wanted my very own set of beautifully distinguished collar bones.
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:18 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Good morning my IP friends! Today is my WI day, as well as my birthday! Let's hope my weigh in starts off the day on a good note! IP is the best gift I have given myself in a long time, but after the weigh in I am going to the outlet mall to buy myself something nice today.

Have a great day everyone!!
Happy birthday & have a great time shopping!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbound View Post
Oh let me confess my sin from last night..... I had my boiled shrimp, onions, and mushrooms last night while my sons had buffalo wings.... I was full but we kept talking about how my baby son was going to be 18. Well you know what happened next......12 buffalo wings down. Didnt even realize it that I ate them. Cant stop my journey just have to move on and get through today. If my son says I am a man one more time, I will SCREAM!!!!! LOL
Have a great ST. PATRICKS DAY!!!! Stay of plan everyone
What's past is past now - Love the quote from Finding Nemo - Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Well its time..I'm going to start my search for the perfect red swimsuit...
I'm right at my goal and i'm swimsuit ready...Its about time to add a training and start taking my new body and getting it tone..I want to be able to do some hiking and walks ....I don't have all that extra weight to carry..so i'm going to start a new bucket list..that does not inclue sitting infront of the TV..
its about enjoying life and moving this new body of mine...its a new chapter..

You have gotten me excited about a new swimsuit for summer! Love the new bucket list idea too. Will have to start thinking about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning IPer's. WI #10 for me today and I am down another 4.2#'s. Gone for good! Hope everyone has a wonderful St. Patricks Day and that we all stay on protocol! We can do it! Will we miss our normal celebration ways??? Most likely, but we can look at ourselves in the mirror the next day and say LOOK AT WHAT I HAVE DONE TO IMPROVE MY LIFE. I can celebrate St. Pats day next year with GREEN BEER and all the yummy foods! WE CAN ALL GET THROUGH THIS ONE DAY!

We are going to a party tonight that will have a lot of drinking and snack foods. I will be able to resist and so can all of you!

Have a wonderful day!
Woo hoo! Great WI! You are an inspiration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Well my mother got off the plane and didn' recognize me because I have cut all my long hair off and had it lightened. She never said she like it, she said it makes me look taller with short hair. HEY, WHAT ABOUT THE 30 LBS?
I never said anything, I'm waiting to see if she notices today. By my scale I'm down 30.2. I really don't care if she does notice, but I thought it was obvious since I did see her at Christmas time at 214...................I know, I'm 55 I shoudn't still let t bother me.
Mom's just always seem to be able to get to us, don't they. 30.2 lbs is amazing! You are doing fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by argiles2002 View Post
So I'm about halfway through week 4 on the diet. After weigh in # 3 my total amount lost was 12 lbs and 16 inches. I wish it were more...but I know that not everyone is the same and some people just lose it a little slower than others. Anyway, the last couple of weeks have been hard because I haven't been hungry and have had to force myself to eat all of the required food. My cravings were gone too though, which was a good thing. All of a sudden though, my hunger is back with a vengeance. The last 2 days I have felt hungry all day and am having a lot of cravings. I have stayed on plan and haven't cheated at all, but I know I've been grumpy. Do others go through this too?
I think this hit me on the end of week 2. I ended up drinking lots and lots of water just to have something in my hands going to my mouth! Then I went to bed early so I wouldn't be tempted to go back in the kitchen! It only lasted a day or two for me but I did feel like gnawing off my arm a time or two!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
p.s.- Does anyone constantly dream about ONEderland? I haven't seen a number on the scale that starts with a "1" for probably 12 years and I can reach out and touch it now!
Its probably been about 15 years since I have seen ONEderland and yes I do dream about it - can't wait to see it!!! You are almost there - way to go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Good morning and happy St-Patrick's Day!

Day 4 for me...

As so many of you have said (and I was starting to have trouble believing), I am feeling MUCH better today! ...much more like myself. I have peripheral vision again, I feel more "with it" and I can smile again... except that we are going through a very sad situation in my family right now (It's never easy to see a loved one suffering and to know that you are going to have to let go soon). It's also a very busy time at work and I have a big deadline to meet by end of day.
So glad to hear you are feeling better. So sorry you are going through a rough time. We had some bad news in our family this week and I think about how just a couple of months ago it would have sent me to the chips and snacks. Sounds like you staying prepared which seems to be the key for IP. Keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
NSV for me last night. I've heard all the hype about going "shopping" in your closet for long lost clothes that we haven't been able to wear, well I did it last night!

All of my spring pants that I haven't been able to wear in a good two years will fit perfectly by the time the snow is gone! I was so happy, couldn't believe it. I know the scale says I've lost 28 Lbs, starting to get the comments on how I look, and I feel great but this was the confirming moment! I now have the confindence to overcome my weekend cheats and meet my goal that much sooner!

Congrats to all the other NSV and SV today. Happy St. Patty's everyone!
Yeah!!! What a great feeling. Who knows - you might even find that those spring pants may be too big by spring!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
yes mom's can push our 'panic' buttons.. I truely am there with you..

My mom already told me she's going to look better than me at my son's wedding.. now what mother EVER says this???
Happy St Patrick's Day Everyone!
A very insecure one! You are going to shine and what wonderful memories you will have of the wedding. Be sure and post some pictures of you in the dress!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Happy St. Patty's Day...not Irish, but love pretending for 1 day!

Heading to a 3-day EMS conference this weekend.....slightly nervous as any other trips I have made I had a choice of food at restaurants. At the conference they serve buffets with limited choices. I am packing my WF dressing (thank goodness they come in 1 oz. pkgs!) so I know I can have salads....but I'm hoping they have other options besides the usual fried chicken and other buffet items.

I have been doing this for 6 months...and why am I NOW getting nervous? Silly really.
Everybody is Irish on St Patrick's Day!!! Just had this conversation with my kids (who are all ethnically Chinese) but today is to celebrate the Irish spirit in us all! You will do great. With packets, WF dressing & a bottle of water you can take on any buffet that comes along!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smh321pa View Post
Happy St Patty's Day to All!

WI# 20 for me and another 3.6 lbs washed down the drain. YAY!

Wishing everyone the "luck of the Irish" for their WI's.
WooHoo!!! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbumblebee View Post
i'm about a month and a half into this program and i haven't lost a pound in almost 2 weeks! what the heck is going on?? i'm not doing anything differently. i'm afraid my body is getting used to this diet and will stop losing i'm still hanging on at 202. it's like my body does NOT want to be in onederland.
I haven't had this happen to me yet but I have seen posts where others have recommended shaking things up a little. Try different veggies, switch meals around, different packets, maybe a little more or a little less protein. Might just be time to change something? Good luck - you have had great progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meonIP View Post
Hi there,
I'm new to IP and on Day 3 and finding this day VERY emotional - is this normal for most people?
I love reading about everyone's journey to a healthier person. Will be visiting time to time for more inspiration!
Congratulations on starting your IP journey! The first week was rough for me. I found myself going through alot of emotions and not all of them good! Then I started feeling so much better that I was just amazed. You're doing great!

Quote:
I am struggling!
Wow - 14.5 lbs is great! So far my weight seems to go down first and then the inches follow.

Quote:

Oh, and I'm 22% of my way to my weight loss goal in only three weeks. That's another way to look at it.

You're doing great. I know what you mean about never doing this before. I did Weight Watchers for years and can remember getting excited about even a .5 weight loss!! How can I be sad about a 2 or 3 lb loss now!!
jd447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:21 PM   #45  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
WI#10 today. i don't think i've lost much this week, but should be more than last week. perhaps my body is just slowing down a little bit. no big deal. i am still patiently awaiting my collar bones to arrive! i have wanted them for so long, and i placed the order back in january... maybe they are being held up by the bad weather, or maybe they are on back order for a bit. i just hope they arrive by summer. i have always wanted my very own set of beautifully distinguished collar bones.
I am sure your WI will go just fine. I have noticed a bit of a slow down in my pounds dropped each week, but as long as they are dropping, I am ok with that! Doing great, keep it up!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote