Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 10:05 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
The marathon continues.....and we are closer to our goals. Keep trucking along and we will be there before we know it.

Here is to another 100% protocol day and continued NSV and SV's. WE CAN DO IT TOGETHER!

Have a wonderful day!
Hey Juiceman! i would like your advice on this whey protein shake product:

Natural Chocolate Whey Protein is a high-quality nutritional formula specially designed to supplement your diet with the protein necessary for a lean, healthy, strong body. A superior protein source, whey provides all of the essential amino acids needed for energy, vitalityand strength, as well as to help build lean muscle. Packed with protein and fiber, each nutritious serving of Jillian Michaels Natural Whey provides a low fat, great tasting treat that can help satisfy your appetite any time of the day.

14oz
15g protein
100 calories per serving
3g fiber
Great tasting
Also available in vanilla

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 27 g
Servings Per Container 14
Amount Per Serving
Calories 100Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g 3%
Saturated Fat 0.50 g 3%
Cholesterol 45 mg 15%
Sodium 60 mg 2%
Potassium 150 mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 7 g 2%
Dietary Fiber 3 g 11%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 15 g 31%
Calcium 11%
Phosphorus 11%
Magnesium 5%

IngredientsNutrition Information. Proprietary Protein Blend 19G, %Daily Value Not Established: Whey Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate). Bcaa Blend (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine). Ingredients: Proprietary Protein Blend ((Whey Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate), Bcaa Blend (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine)), Buttermilk Powder, Inulin, Oat Fiber, Cocoa Powder (Processed With Alkali), Fructose, Xanthan Gum, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavor, Stevia Extract (Stevia Rebaudiana) (Leaf). Contains Milk And Soy Ingredients. Contains Small Amounts Of Soy Lecithin To Improve Mixability. Typical Amino Acid Profile (Milligrams Per 27 G Scoop****): Essential Amino Acids: Histidine 309 Mg, Isoleucine 952 Mg, Leucine 1,744 Mg, Lysine, 1,262 Mg, Methionine 302 Mg, Phenylalanine 463 Mg, Threonine 1,086 Mg, Tryptophan***** 232 Mg, Valine 915 Mg. Nonessential Amino Acids: Alanine 624 Mg, Arginine 418 Mg, Aspartic Acid 1,586 Mg, Cysteine 294 Mg, Glutamic Acid 2,005 Mg, Glycine 263 Mg, Proline 812 Mg, Serine 806 Mg, Tyrosine 423 Mg. ***Daily Value Not Established For Sugars. ****Approximate Values. *****L-Tryptophan Is Naturally Occurring, Not Added.

what do you think ? it is on sale for 10$. Now question #2....... you do your shakes AND then add your salad as per protocol correct? I wonder if I use 'some' IP products and perhaps replace my evening IP shake with this if I would be messing myself up? Comments?

Last edited by LOSINGFORGOOD2010; 03-16-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #17  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
I've reached my goal weight! IP counselor wants me to lose an additional 5 lbs before I phase out. Right now I just don't know if I have it in me. I have so many things going on. So - I'm going to stay on program until end of march, then phase out - no matter what weight I am. I need a break!
Look at how much you've lost! Congratulations, you should be proud!
Don't feel bad about phasing out, if you are happy with your goal weight, then I wouldn't stress about another 5 lbs.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Good morning happy IPrs, spring is in the air so let the new clothes in and the fat baggy ones out!!!

Had a stressful week, son went to hospital after being hurt at a hockey game. Dislocated shoulder and fracture, but I made it. I remembered so many things you guys have written here, and that helped me so much.

Hospital food is terrible. So I went to McDonalds, has the chicken ceaser, took off the cheese and bacon, and I was full and happy. Was able to drink the other meals easily.

Someone wrote always have a few emergencey stuff in your purse, and that was a life savior. Ty showgirls and juiceman your sure do help the newbies like myself!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #19  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
BB, did you buy the swimsuit? Are we going to get to see the picture?
Take your sunscream, and remember brown fat always looks better than white fat.
Hi mamarix!

Your comments make me laugh, i needed that!. Just got back from my weight in I did not loose a pound. I am 2 days ahead of usually when I weight in and I think TOM is on its way. Ahh what are you going to do. No pounds loss and no inches loss. Hoping for better results next Friday when I am off this cleanse. I am ok with it. And you are right brown fat looks so much better than white...lol. I love that comment that is a keeper for me.

I am so ashamed of my pics when I started the program I do not know if I have the guts to put them up yet. I look at myself 3 months ago and I am like how in the h*ll did I allow myself to get like this! So everytime I have a sin full craving I take a look of my before pics and say yeah that sin is so not worth it I do not want to look like that again.

Hope you have a great weekend! I will not be posting until Monday when I get back.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello Everyone, my name is Stephanie and am on the IP diet. I started in August and lost 25 pounds, then my coach decided to let me "maintain" through the holidays which was a terrible idea since I cheated badly those 2 months! Now I am back on it again and having a terrible time. When I first started the weight came off very quickly, now I can only lose 2 pounds or maybe 1 a week! It is soo frustrating because I just want to be done with dieting and I want to complete a goal of losing weight. My biggest problem is cheating!! I just can't seem to stop! I know that I am only cheating myself when I do it, and I know that I am not getting the full effect of the diet when I cheat, but I just can't seem to stop!! Does anyone have any ideas that will help me through this tough time? I have 30 more pounds to go till my goal weight.
Thanks
Stephanie
Old 03-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 246/214/150

Height: 5'7"

WI #8 for me today...down 4.2 pounds. My total is 34 pounds and a whopping 54.25 inches! I am officially 1/3 of the way to my goal.

It's still not easy and I still have my "pity party" moments but I can do this!

Last edited by reinergirl; 03-16-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #22  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Sitting at working about to make my breakfast pudding wondering how I was going to measure my 4 ounces of water... after some digging, I found an old container of Wendy's bbq sauce from the drive through days that was a 1 ounce serving. Washed it out (man, I have to say it smelled GOOD!!!) and wahla! instant measuring spoon! That is going in my emergency pack!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #23  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Hey Juiceman! i would like your advice on this whey protein shake product:

Natural Chocolate Whey Protein is a high-quality nutritional formula specially designed to supplement your diet with the protein necessary for a lean, healthy, strong body. A superior protein source, whey provides all of the essential amino acids needed for energy, vitalityand strength, as well as to help build lean muscle. Packed with protein and fiber, each nutritious serving of Jillian Michaels Natural Whey provides a low fat, great tasting treat that can help satisfy your appetite any time of the day.

14oz
15g protein
100 calories per serving
3g fiber
Great tasting
Also available in vanilla

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 27 g
Servings Per Container 14
Amount Per Serving
Calories 100Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g 3%
Saturated Fat 0.50 g 3%
Cholesterol 45 mg 15%
Sodium 60 mg 2%
Potassium 150 mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 7 g 2%
Dietary Fiber 3 g 11%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 15 g 31%
Calcium 11%
Phosphorus 11%
Magnesium 5%

IngredientsNutrition Information. Proprietary Protein Blend 19G, %Daily Value Not Established: Whey Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate). Bcaa Blend (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine). Ingredients: Proprietary Protein Blend ((Whey Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate), Bcaa Blend (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine)), Buttermilk Powder, Inulin, Oat Fiber, Cocoa Powder (Processed With Alkali), Fructose, Xanthan Gum, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavor, Stevia Extract (Stevia Rebaudiana) (Leaf). Contains Milk And Soy Ingredients. Contains Small Amounts Of Soy Lecithin To Improve Mixability. Typical Amino Acid Profile (Milligrams Per 27 G Scoop****): Essential Amino Acids: Histidine 309 Mg, Isoleucine 952 Mg, Leucine 1,744 Mg, Lysine, 1,262 Mg, Methionine 302 Mg, Phenylalanine 463 Mg, Threonine 1,086 Mg, Tryptophan***** 232 Mg, Valine 915 Mg. Nonessential Amino Acids: Alanine 624 Mg, Arginine 418 Mg, Aspartic Acid 1,586 Mg, Cysteine 294 Mg, Glutamic Acid 2,005 Mg, Glycine 263 Mg, Proline 812 Mg, Serine 806 Mg, Tyrosine 423 Mg. ***Daily Value Not Established For Sugars. ****Approximate Values. *****L-Tryptophan Is Naturally Occurring, Not Added.

what do you think ? it is on sale for 10$. Now question #2....... you do your shakes AND then add your salad as per protocol correct? I wonder if I use 'some' IP products and perhaps replace my evening IP shake with this if I would be messing myself up? Comments?
It looks pretty good. The protein content is a little lower than I would go for, but I have found I need higher amounts of protein. Looks like you would get 4g net carbs and 3 g of sugar. That might be a high, but again it is dependent on how your body handles sugars/carbs. It might be worth a try at ~$0.72 a serving. Try it out and see how you like it. I might be a little leary of getting all essential amino acids since it looks like they are estimated numbers. I personally would not buy this since it is a Jillian M. product, but that is soley my personal issue.

As far as your second question, yes I still follow the same IP protocol just with different shake products. I still have salads, WF dressing (zesty italian only one I can stomach), veggies, lean protein, and all suppliments. I have found replacements for all except the pot-mag.

I don't think you would be messing yourself up using both IP and adding this in. I feel that IP products are just a fancier packed high dollar same thing as alternative drink powders. Some are flavored differently. I think you should give it a try and see how you do for a week and then make a better decision based on how your body feels and your progress.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:22 AM   #24  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Is there a way to search the recipe threads without having to go through them one by one? I am looking for the muffin recipe made with the crispy cereal or the zucchini pancakes.
Thanks,
Mary
If you open the recipe thread, there is a button on the top right that has a search option for that thread. I have used it many times rather than reading every thread. I could not find the zucchini pancake recipe however when I was looking for it, so I asked in the daily thread about a week ago. I saved it on my home computer and alas I am at work right now, so that is not much help for you. I'll check when I am home to see if you got it.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:33 AM   #25  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Good morning all.

Just a quick check in after WI yesterday. 4.12lbs down

Wishing everyone a great OP day!
Ronda
Old 03-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Good luck Vanessa!

Day 3 for me... questionning everything.

Day 2 was better than day 1. I felt okay. However, at bedtime, I was very jittery and had a hard time sleeping.

Today, I am jittery, nervous, tired and somewhat nauseous. I really don't feel like eating anything at all (I haven't had breakfast or supplements yet - it's 8:35 a.m. here). The packets are starting to taste like medecine to me. Cursing sugar and carbs for making me feel this way! I am having obsessive thoughts about what I am eating (chemicals, powders, dehydrated stuff) and what I am not eating (fresh, whole foods from nature including fruits and all vegetables). I tell myself that the better I stick to it, the sooner I will lose the weight and the sooner I can move onto healthy eating.

I am a sugar/carb addict.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayingalive View Post
Day 3 for me too. I had trouble sleeping but hungry this moring.

Susie B: Are you eating your veggies and drinking your water? It helps flush your system.

I am the biggest carb addict of all...which is why I love IP...my cravings nearly gone.

I am traveling today too and will be away from home for 14 hours. I will take a IP safety kit and will have to eat lunch in a restaurant.

Any tips for me?

Thanks for reminding us that is gets easier...I am feeling it.

Pam
I can promise you BOTH, it DOES get better!! Day 4 and 5 for me were AWFUL! For every reason I had to do this, my mind would come up with a reason for me NOT to do this. The carb addiction is truly a drug that will play games with your mind...best advice I got was to give the program at least a week, and then make a decision. Day 5 passed and to my surprise and relief, I started to feel SO much better and have been feeling great ever since. My cravings are GONE and I've even been able to sit in a restaurant while others around me are eating whatever and truly ENJOY my spinach salad with chicken! Sure some of the foods on the program aren't "great" but after what we've all done to our bodies, it would be silly to think that any diet program wouldn't have at least a bit of "suck it up prince(ess), it's time to get real". We've all been eating mouth watering food that has basically thrown our bodies out of whack and caused all of this so now having to eat bland, sometimes flavourless stuff is the consequence, but just think of how amazing you're going to feel and look soon! And truly, as time goes on, your tastes will change...I'm going into week 4 and I can't believe how much I look forward to a great veggie omlette when a month ago, I wouldn't have thought twice about it and would have grabbed a burger and poutine instead.

Hang in there girls, check the recipe threads and spice things up that way a little. Drink all your water and add your salt and your energy will return...PROMISE!

Lastly, as for cost of the program...I get that it seems costly and it really can be depending on your situation but for me, my health is TOTALLY worth this and for what we were spending on take out before..this doesn't even compare. Not only am I eating better, my family is too and you can't put a price tag on that

Ok, off my soap box now...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
I've reached my goal weight! IP counselor wants me to lose an additional 5 lbs before I phase out. Right now I just don't know if I have it in me. I have so many things going on. So - I'm going to stay on program until end of march, then phase out - no matter what weight I am. I need a break!
CONGRATULATIONS!! What a feeling that must be!

Weigh in #4 for me is in 2 days and I neeeeeeeeeed my husband to hide the damn scale again...I'm tired of being such a scale whore and getting sad when I don't see it move or even see it move the wrong way....I need to listen to my coach, trust the program and the results I've already seen and ditch my own scale right now! I'm REALLY hoping to get past or at least TO the 20 lb. mark this week...still dealing with the Big C and just can't make myself drink warm water with sea salt Instead my coach has suggested a herbal laxative tea which I'm going to try later today...wish me luck!

Keep on trucking everyone, we can totally do this!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:42 AM   #27  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wekaba View Post
I only lost 7 pounds the first week, but I will take what I can get!
It's my understanding that most will lose around 10# the first week, and of course, I was hoping for that much.
Wow. 7 pounds in the first week is amazing. I don't think I've seen very many people say they lost 10lbs... When was the last time you lost 7 lbs in a week? Keep up the great work!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #28  
Start date 12/27/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
Good morning all.

Just a quick check in after WI yesterday. 4.12lbs down

Wishing everyone a great OP day!
Ronda
Awesome!!! Nice to know you can still post big numbers so far into the journey! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 03-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #29  
Start date 12/27/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
I can promise you BOTH, it DOES get better!! Day 4 and 5 for me were AWFUL! For every reason I had to do this, my mind would come up with a reason for me NOT to do this. The carb addiction is truly a drug that will play games with your mind...best advice I got was to give the program at least a week, and then make a decision. Day 5 passed and to my surprise and relief, I started to feel SO much better and have been feeling great ever since. My cravings are GONE and I've even been able to sit in a restaurant while others around me are eating whatever and truly ENJOY my spinach salad with chicken! Sure some of the foods on the program aren't "great" but after what we've all done to our bodies, it would be silly to think that any diet program wouldn't have at least a bit of "suck it up prince(ess), it's time to get real". We've all been eating mouth watering food that has basically thrown our bodies out of whack and caused all of this so now having to eat bland, sometimes flavourless stuff is the consequence, but just think of how amazing you're going to feel and look soon! And truly, as time goes on, your tastes will change...I'm going into week 4 and I can't believe how much I look forward to a great veggie omlette when a month ago, I wouldn't have thought twice about it and would have grabbed a burger and poutine instead.

Hang in there girls, check the recipe threads and spice things up that way a little. Drink all your water and add your salt and your energy will return...PROMISE!

Lastly, as for cost of the program...I get that it seems costly and it really can be depending on your situation but for me, my health is TOTALLY worth this and for what we were spending on take out before..this doesn't even compare. Not only am I eating better, my family is too and you can't put a price tag on that

Ok, off my soap box now...LOL

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a feeling that must be!

Weigh in #4 for me is in 2 days and I neeeeeeeeeed my husband to hide the damn scale again...I'm tired of being such a scale whore and getting sad when I don't see it move or even see it move the wrong way....I need to listen to my coach, trust the program and the results I've already seen and ditch my own scale right now! I'm REALLY hoping to get past or at least TO the 20 lb. mark this week...still dealing with the Big C and just can't make myself drink warm water with sea salt Instead my coach has suggested a herbal laxative tea which I'm going to try later today...wish me luck!

Keep on trucking everyone, we can totally do this!
Well said Stacy!!! You did the soapbox proud!
Old 03-16-2011, 12:17 PM   #30  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! I had a rough weigh in yesterday where I lost just under 2 lbs. It is hard to make so much sacrifice and not see the scale move! I didn't buy bars this week so I'm going to see if that makes much of a difference. Hoping for a big woosh this week!

Above all, I know I'll hang in there because it's all part of the journey- just needed a small vent.
Closed Thread