Old 03-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #1  
rcl2011

S/C/G: 212/207/165

Default Plateau at end of fourth week

Hello all,

It is very nice to find this forum and I get alot of motivation from it so THANKS.

Anyone else Plateaued around the 4th week? I do IP through a local place that is also a gym and I don't always get to see my coach. It is someone different each week that weighs me and measures me. Well those ladies today said that a plateau at 4 weeks is very common. Also suggested I start to do cardio and some light weight training...everyday!

I am a bit confused because I think if I start this type of activity right now I will gain muscle and it will show on the scale and just discourage me. I shared this concern and they kind of shrugged it off.

Thoughts anyone?
Ok to start exercising at this point?
Plateau at 4 weeks - normal?

I started at 212 and I am now 200. I am very happy with that, but not happy about not losing anything last week and now considered to be on a plateau.

Thanks
rclandry41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #2  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

12 pounds in 4 weeks is still an average of 3 a week which is normal for women. I had a stall for two weeks at weeks 4 & 5 or maybe it was 5 & 6. They did mention that it would be a good time to start back at the gym for light cardio to me to. I didn't but now my weight loss is back to normal and I couldn't be happier. They also now recommend something called Novi Cleanse after week 4 during the stall. This is new and I don't know much about it. I didn't use it but after the two weeks of losing a combined weight of 3 pounds I am back to losing 3 pounds a week.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote