Old 03-01-2011, 02:34 PM   #1  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Default What would you do?

Ok so I'm on phase 1, lost about 30 pounds and have about 15 more til I reach my goal. I'm going on vacation for 10 days going to attempt to follow phase 2. Would you splurge at all while on vacation, I mean within reason. A little bite or two of dessert here and there, maybe a glass of wine with dinner or would you suck it up for now and splurge on the next vacay?
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Hi there ! I think you will get a whole bunch of different answers to your question. What I can tell you that I did... and this was MY experience... I went away for one week down south. I had waited all year for this. So for breakfast I ate an omlette everymorning, adding all the cut up veggies they offered there, and maybe a piece of watermelon. Drank rum and diet coke through the day, as well as beer... lunch? I chose a protein again, and lots of veggies... even 1 slice of thin crust pizza. !!! WOW..what a treat! one lunch i took about one cup of pasta... again with lots of veggies... and i did eat a lot of CHEESE...the cheese there was to die for supper was a repeat of lunch (protein and veg) unless it was an a al carte specialty supper...then I splurged... I did take several pina coladas and lots of champagne during my week. With the thoughts of I will enjoy this vacation... and go 100% onto IP upon my return. When I got back, I was up 5 lbs. In 4 days, it was gone! NOW I emphasize..this was MY experience...I have read on these forums that some have gained 3 lbs doing the same thing, then there was one that gained 15 !!! and is still as far as I know,.... trying to lose it. So everyone is very very different. I do not suggest what I did to others, for the fear of worse results... it is a very personal decision... you know yourself best. Are you able to get back on plan if you stop? or will it be too risky? In the end, its you that will decide. I hope you have a wonderful trip! where are you headed?

Last edited by LOSINGFORGOOD2010; 03-01-2011 at 02:52 PM.
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/244/185

Height: Started IP 12/8/14

Hey
If you read the daily chat yesterday and Sunday evening you can het a good consensus because another iper had the same question. Bottom line los it is up to you and only you know your strengths and weaknesses.

Just take book on the daily thread
4meandbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #4  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

We are heading to Orlando, tried on my bikini this morning and I must say it didn't look half bad. Thanks for sharing your experience. I think since it is a family vacation anyway, I will skip the booze portion. Still trying to decide on the rest. I don't want to go hog wild or anything, but still want to enjoy what we worked hard for, who knows when we will be there again.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
We are heading to Orlando, tried on my bikini this morning and I must say it didn't look half bad. Thanks for sharing your experience. I think since it is a family vacation anyway, I will skip the booze portion. Still trying to decide on the rest. I don't want to go hog wild or anything, but still want to enjoy what we worked hard for, who knows when we will be there again.
It's a personal choice. I wish I would have not cheated and just got this whole thing done with, haha. I found that after one cheat I had a very hard time getting back on plan (especially during the holidays) -and still am struggling. From my experience if I go off plan for one week, eating wisely, I gain somewhere from 6-15 pounds, and I'd imagine 3-6 of that is fluid.
Bretley is offline   Reply With Quote