Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #46  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
well, I went to order the dress and the owner wasn't there (family emergency- and school vacation this week here)
That's ok I will go next monday, and I was gonna order a size 14. I am in an 18 now ( pants 18-20 with my pear shape)
I am so encouraged by all of your losses..
I know everyone losses at a different rate but it all comes off if you stick with it.

I have to learn how to channel my stress thru a way that's comforting and not damaging to my health. My cortisol levels must be high holding onto every fat cell.
That will be gorgeous! And yes...channeling can be fun, just have to find something you like doing...wink. And I blush as I type that...get the picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsEricaSaenz View Post
Hello, Hello! Had my week #12 WI yesterday. I had a 3.6 lb loss! I can't believe it. I haven't had that big a loss since week #2. I don't know what happened or why, but woo-hoo! I even weighed myself again this morning on my home scale and it was consistent. Yay! I usually lose 1-1.5 lbs a week, so I'll take it. I'm so close to Phase 2. Actually, to be honest, I often eat like I'm already on Phase 2, which is why I'm a slow loser. Whatever, I'm in no rush, this is a lifetime change. Thank you all for your stories and inspiration. I should "officially" be moving to Phase 2 in a matter or weeks.
What an awesome loss this week! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgadsMe View Post
Sounds like you need some of this: , and maybe just an extra sprinkling for an emergency

Hang in there! You can do it!!
You are our own personal Tinker Bell!

Quote:
ErinO.....YESTERDAY was might day tear heads off!! I was very snarly. Not good. But, I'm over that and have a great day today!

ErinO, CJB, and JB: As for your coaches, remember they are supposed to be providing you with a service. If you don't feel you're getting what you need SAY SO! If things don't improve discuss moving clinics...You deserve to have a coach that gives you the support and time you need. I like using the line, ".....when you have more time, I have some other questions/concerns I'd like to review with you...." This usually slows them down and makes them realize you wont be rushed.... Hoe this helps~
Thanks for this. I like that line, "...when you have more time..." it's nice, but pointed. I just have been reading here for my answers because they don't really answer me fully. I like to know the science behind things, the why's and the how's. You guys provide that!
Old 02-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello Fello IP'ers,

Congrats on all of the losses this week. I went through my closet over the weekend and have a HUGE pile of clothes that no longer fit. In just one month, I skipped over sizes that I've been trying to get in to for years. I'm still astonished at how much smaller I am, even though I haven't lost that much weight yet. I'm hoping for 185 by this Saturday. I haven't exercised at all for 4 days now, just seeing how that affects weight loss. I can't keep that up for long, but I'm experimenting.
The biggest challenge for me right now - is patience. Now that I see that this program is going to work - I am itching to get down to a weight where I can wear the clothes that I've kept hidden in drawers like so many buried wishes. It's like an ocean at my back and I can barely contain myself. How does anyone bear the slow, daily, slog of it? Does anyone else feel this?
Old 02-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #48  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Hi-
I've been lurking in the background for a few weeks and finally joined last night. I am still working on my intro... stay tuned. I'm sure it will be quite a read.

I started IP on 2/9 and lost 4.4 lbs week one and 5 inches. I guess my coach measures each week. I've been doing a good job of staying on plan in terms of not cheating, but I'm still trying to figure out how it affects me if I don't eat enough veggies. I am good with my salads, but not as good with veggies.

Next WI is on Thursday, so I'll let you know what happens. I'm feeling good, but am still concerned that this (for some reason) won't work for me. I'm really encouraged by everything you have all posted and hope to be able to contribute to the group.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #49  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

So...does anyone else do IP Boot Camp for the two days before their weigh-in? Lol. I just realized I do that! Here's hoping it worked for tomorrow!
Old 02-22-2011, 01:11 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Hello Fello IP'ers,

The biggest challenge for me right now - is patience. Now that I see that this program is going to work - I am itching to get down to a weight where I can wear the clothes that I've kept hidden in drawers like so many buried wishes. It's like an ocean at my back and I can barely contain myself. How does anyone bear the slow, daily, slog of it? Does anyone else feel this?
I love that "slow, daily, slog"! Exactly how I feel. I am on week three and I just have to keep reminding myself how great it is going to feel in May & June!! I checked out some of the progress pictures that many have linked to their posts. WOW!!! What an inspiration.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Testing trackers
Old 02-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Happy Tuesday everyone!! I just posted some progress pictures...link is below

I had my weigh in yesterday morning and I am down 2lbs this week and 2.25 inches!! I can just see the 130's!! My goal is to be in the 130s by my next weigh in. We'll see...

I had a great NSV yesterday too...I finally made it up to the mountain to go skiing with my husband and I got out my ski clothes from last season and they were HUGE!! I had to wear a belt with my ski pants and they were still falling off. And I am happy to say that the North Face jacket I bought a couple years ago (and was too tight - I think I was in denial ) was a little loose (but still wearable). Haven't had this feeling in a while since I got rid of all my "fat" clothes.

Needless to say...a good day

Last edited by ckanable; 02-22-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #53  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

I had my first slip up since I started Phase 1 again Yesterday was my son's 17th birthday and the crunchy chips got me. I ate some Pub Mix (Costco) and a few doritos and one bite of his birthday cake. I know it could have been worse but I still got kicked out of Ketosis. And all this after weighing in on Sunday and finally getting to the 150's!! Ahhh, I am so mad at myself.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
I had my first slip up since I started Phase 1 again Yesterday was my son's 17th birthday and the crunchy chips got me. I ate some Pub Mix (Costco) and a few doritos and one bite of his birthday cake. I know it could have been worse but I still got kicked out of Ketosis. And all this after weighing in on Sunday and finally getting to the 150's!! Ahhh, I am so mad at myself.
Carla - don't be discouraged! You've done amazingly so far! I remember how hard it was to stay on plan without little cheats here and there when I started back on the program. But when that scale started moving down again - I got addicted and decided to give up the cheats. You can do this girl!! Today is a new day
Old 02-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

Hey everyone. I am in need of your help!

Out here in the Northwest everything shuts down when it snows and getting around is nearly impossible. That being said, IT'S SNOWING! And I am stranded an hour away from home. With another 4-6 inches expected tonight I doubt I will be able to get to my WI, which means I won't have my food for the next week. I am SO anxious over this.

So my question is, how the heck can I substitute a whole weeks worth of food? Any suggestions would be very helpful. I was thinking I could just eat protein and veggies for breakfast, lunch and dinner and maybe a protein shake for a snack? I would have to check the protein powder I have to see if it is acceptable. Help! Haha.

Last edited by Lalison; 02-22-2011 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Spelling oops :)
Old 02-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 188.6/182.2/155

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
ErinO.....YESTERDAY was might day tear heads off!! I was very snarly. Not good. But, I'm over that and have a great day today!

ErinO, CJB, and JB: As for your coaches, remember they are supposed to be providing you with a service. If you don't feel you're getting what you need SAY SO! If things don't improve discuss moving clinics...You deserve to have a coach that gives you the support and time you need. I like using the line, ".....when you have more time, I have some other questions/concerns I'd like to review with you...." This usually slows them down and makes them realize you wont be rushed.... Hoe this helps~
egadsMe - Thank you for your words of wisdom. I faxed a letter with my reorder today and expressed my dissatisfaction and offered to take my business elsewhere - and I just received an appologetic phone call. Who knows if that will improve the quality of the coaching - but at least its a start.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 188.6/182.2/155

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Carlasherea - you should be so proud of your progress - don't beat yourself up - we all have moments of weakness - your few bites could have been a lot worse - just think about life after the finish line - you will get there sooner than you think!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
Hey everyone. I am in need of you help!

Out here in the Northwest everything shuts down when it snows and getting around is nearly impossible. That being said, IT'S SNOWING! And I am stranded an hour away from home. With another 4-6 inches expected tonight I doubt I will be able to get to my WI, which means I won't have my food for the next week. I am SO anxious over this.

So my question is, how the heck can I substitute a whole weeks worth of food? Any suggestions would be very helpful. I was thinking I could just eat protein and veggies for breakfast, lunch and dinner and maybe a protein shake for a snack? I would have to check the protein powder I have to see if it is acceptable. Help! Haha.
Well, I've only been doing this for a month, so the more experienced IP'ers will be more helpful, but I've been living low carb for years (diabetic) and I sometimes substitute 1 egg plus 1/2 cup of egg whites, with some veggies for breakfast. I have an enormous salad with most of a can of tuna, EVOO and apple cider vinegar for lunch, I have substituted Atkins bars (check for equitable calorie and fat level) and still lost weight, low sugar protein powder and unsweetened soy milk can work for a shake, and then have your regular dinner. There are also other places (nashuanutrition) where you could order some very similar items and maybe they chould ship very quickly - they're less expensive than IP so maybe it would still be cost effective to have rush delivery.
You could still experience weight loss this way.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #59  

Quote:
Well, I've only been doing this for a month, so the more experienced IP'ers will be more helpful, but I've been living low carb for years (diabetic) and I sometimes substitute 1 egg plus 1/2 cup of egg whites, with some veggies for breakfast. I have an enormous salad with most of a can of tuna, EVOO and apple cider vinegar for lunch, I have substituted Atkins bars (check for equitable calorie and fat level) and still lost weight, low sugar protein powder and unsweetened soy milk can work for a shake, and then have your regular dinner. There are also other places (nashuanutrition) where you could order some very similar items and maybe they chould ship very quickly - they're less expensive than IP so maybe it would still be cost effective to have rush delivery.
You could still experience weight loss this way.
ps - I used to live near Tacoma on the army base Fort Lewis. I went to 2 years of high school in WA. I have very fond memories.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #60  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Hello Fello IP'ers,

PATIENCE - Know where I can get some? I'd be willing to trade some carmel nut bars for it... I think. hmmm... have to think about that one!

You think you are impatient!!! Try needing to lose 150 pounds!!! I have SO FAR to go and have to remind myself DAILY that at no other time in my life have I lost weight this quickly. It wasn't over night that I got here, but if it only takes months or a year to get it off, that's a miracle! I have been struggling seeing others who have lost the about the same amount of weight and have dropped multiple sizes... I am still in JUST BAGGY land. Really baggy, but still not down 4 sizes! Not getting the daily comments of WOW what are you doing! Etc. I try to tell myself that I just wear my weight well and now that it is coming off it's not as noticeable, but I see it... and there it is.... drumroll please........the big revelation....that's all that matters. I see it... I feel it and I LOVE IT!!! I feel so much better. I swear I look in the mirror more often and think wow! Or look down at my legs when sitting in a chair and notice they don't spread out as much! Just sitting in a chair and not having my butt sticking out the sides! I guess those are all my NSV's that I have daily but never write about. Now, I need to write that on about 50 stickies and put them all over work and home so I don't forget it!

I know, without a doubt that I wouldn't be doing this without this forum. I am not using a coach or IP products, but am still succeeding. I thank each and everyone of you for your thoughts, input, recipes and general butt kicking! I read the posts daily...without fail. I may not post often, but trust me.. I am here and cheering!
Closed Thread