Old 02-15-2011, 04:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S205/G145-150

Height: 5'9" **started 2/17/11**

Default what happens after the weight is lost?

I'm still doing my research and deciding whether or not I want to go ahead and with the Ideal Protein diet, just because it is as expensive as it is - I don't want to invest in the program and then gain all the weight back.

I'm curious as to what happens after I lose all my weight. Do I have to follow a low carb lifestyle afterwards as well? I thought I had read somewhere that I have to worry about food combining, etc. Is that true? I don't intend to gain the weight back, but I want to make sure that I can life a relatively normal life and eat foods that are not necessarily low carb.
kellibelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellibelli View Post
I'm still doing my research and deciding whether or not I want to go ahead and with the Ideal Protein diet, just because it is as expensive as it is - I don't want to invest in the program and then gain all the weight back.

I'm curious as to what happens after I lose all my weight. Do I have to follow a low carb lifestyle afterwards as well? I thought I had read somewhere that I have to worry about food combining, etc. Is that true? I don't intend to gain the weight back, but I want to make sure that I can life a relatively normal life and eat foods that are not necessarily low carb.
read up on the life after phase 1 thread and read info from rocky monarch she has been very successful on phase 4. It is "smart" carbs and when to have carbs. Go to any daily thread there is a link to the "unbalanced diet" which IP is based on by Dr. Chen.
*warning* *warning* some tough love comments coming. Do you really want to lose weight and be healthier? Or do you want to eat whatever you want? You really need to look inward and figure that our for yourself.
I will say that I am a carb-o-holic. pasta pizza bread. yum I have to say after 4 1/2 months of IP carbs are just do not hold the same appeal they once did.
Good luck with whatever you decide!! Let us know.
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:30 PM   #3  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

I agree with Ladyvrod, and add that before IP, I thought I ate in a healthy manner, but could not loose the weight no matter what I tried. This diet gives us the tools, if we choose to use them, to have a healthy, balanced lifestyle of eating once our weight loss goal is achieved. If we follow the program as it is designed, when you are finished you should be able to eat the foods you want as long as you make sound choices. It is not a low carb diet to follow the rest of your life. I have never been successful on a diet before this one, and I am looking forward to the rest of my life at a healthy weight.
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
read up on the life after phase 1 thread and read info from rocky monarch she has been very successful on phase 4. It is "smart" carbs and when to have carbs. Go to any daily thread there is a link to the "unbalanced diet" which IP is based on by Dr. Chen.
*warning* *warning* some tough love comments coming. Do you really want to lose weight and be healthier? Or do you want to eat whatever you want? You really need to look inward and figure that our for yourself.
I will say that I am a carb-o-holic. pasta pizza bread. yum I have to say after 4 1/2 months of IP carbs are just do not hold the same appeal they once did.
Good luck with whatever you decide!! Let us know.
Thank you. I guess what I meant was that I was wondering if there was an unrealistic expectation for me never to have a donut or a piece of pizza in the future. The reason I ask is because I don't want to set myself up for failure by getting involved in a program that won't allow me to do something along those lines every now and then.

From what I understand from your comment as well as from the friend of mine who recently started the program is that those carb cravings kind of leave. Is that correct? If so, that would be ideal for me. I tend to be really "needy" in terms of carbs around that time of the month.

Also, if I may ask, (I noticed that you are close to reaching your goal weight) how long has it taken you to get to this weight? Sorry if I'm being too nosey.

Last edited by kellibelli; 02-15-2011 at 06:15 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 02-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
I agree with Ladyvrod, and add that before IP, I thought I ate in a healthy manner, but could not loose the weight no matter what I tried. This diet gives us the tools, if we choose to use them, to have a healthy, balanced lifestyle of eating once our weight loss goal is achieved. If we follow the program as it is designed, when you are finished you should be able to eat the foods you want as long as you make sound choices. It is not a low carb diet to follow the rest of your life. I have never been successful on a diet before this one, and I am looking forward to the rest of my life at a healthy weight.
Congrats on your success. I hope to follow in your footsteps.

May I ask how long its taken you to get to your current weight? You are so close to your goal weight!

Last edited by kellibelli; 02-15-2011 at 06:17 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 02-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #6  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Thank you. I guess what I meant was that I was wondering if there was an unrealistic expectation for me never to have a donut or a piece of pizza in the future. The reason I ask is because I don't want to set myself up for failure by getting involved in a program that won't allow me to do something along those lines every now and then.

From what I understand from your comment as well as from the friend of mine who recently started the program is that those carb cravings kind of leave. Is that correct? If so, that would be ideal for me. I tend to be really "needy" in terms of carbs around that time of the month.

Also, if I may ask, (I noticed that you are close to reaching your goal weight) how long has it taken you to get to this weight? Sorry if I'm being too nosey.
No, you can still have a donut, or a piece of pizza. It's when you start having donuts every day, or 6 pieces of pizza that you start to run into problems. Have you read the book that this diet is based around? There is a link to it in the first post of every daily thread. It will help explain how you are supposed to eat when this is all done so that you don't gain the weight again.
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
No, you can still have a donut, or a piece of pizza. It's when you start having donuts every day, or 6 pieces of pizza that you start to run into problems. Have you read the book that this diet is based around? There is a link to it in the first post of every daily thread. It will help explain how you are supposed to eat when this is all done so that you don't gain the weight again.
No, I haven't seen it yet. I will find it and read it. Thanks.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

No! not nosey at all. 4 1/2 months. I am in the slow looser's club haha. Mainly because I made the decision, against protocol I want to add so it is not recommended, to start back to exercise hotyoga to be exact. I was losing about 2 lbs a week for the first 2 months then added exercise back in. It slowed my weight loss way down. I love IP and do not mind being in phase 1 a little longer. I have talked with my coach and have decided to move to phase 2 on March 6th, which will mean 5 months on phase 1. I hope to lose the remaining weight in phase 2 and then move to remaining phases.
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #9  
Started IP Feb 4,2011

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

I have only been doing IP for 2 weeks but I was very encouraged after reading info at the www.trantiendiet.com site. The doctor explains why eating a balanced diet is great for maintaining but to lose weight, you need to UN-balance yourself to get the fat rolling off.
HokieHi is offline   Reply With Quote