Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 11:16 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
So I have more incentive to lose my weight.... My Boyfriend of 9 years proposed last night! So we're geetting married in the spring of next year!
By that time I will be a beautiful slender bride!
jc- wow! if you are patient enough to wait 9 years he must be one heck of a catch.. are you still shooting for a march 10th meeting goal? (i hope that was you...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Good morning!

Mrs D - you look fabulous and you must feel so great!!!

I've been catching up on reading and wanted to congratulate all the great success at the scales as well as the NSVs.

WI is tonight - I think I might be down 2 lbs. I'll take it after the week I've had. Work has still been crazy and will continue that way for another few weeks until after RRSP season.
I also start Phase II this week, then Phase III next week, getting ready for my vacation in Mexico. It's pretty exciting after being on phase I since September.

Have a great day everyone!
kaarin- let us know how the phasing goes... i get a little anxiety thinking about going thru all of them, but i'll just try and worry about phase 1 right now.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
Lots of people are interested in the Spring Challenge so I opened a new thread for it. That should help with the confusion of doing it in the daily chat window.
tbf410- thanks. see you there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Well another week and another no loss for me! I am not sure what to do but I am tempted to go on a big bad food bender! I know that won't help but at times I feel so frusturated. This is the 4th weigh in that I am 142! The only thing keeping me going is that I feel so good and I look so good and I have come so far and I REALLY want to see the 130's! I am going to change things up and add some exercise and see what happens. Truthfully I have only ever been about 96% OP (I learned what I can and can not do on my first IP journey) well I guess that doesn't work this time. I am giving it 1 more week, but 1 week of 100%! Cross your fingers and wish me luck ladies and gents! Any encouragment or advice will be greatly appreciated!
(Help stop the tantrum and tears)
pegsi- i am a 96% ip protocol person at best. i need to get to 100% with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerdixie View Post
So toaday is just one of those days..... I surrendered all will power to chocolate last night...It had just been an awful evening and I gave in....Of course this morning I knew it wasn't worth it but I am not as devasted as usual...a slight NSV in that I only ate 3 pieces instead of the whole box.....

It is remarkable how there is such a connection between Eating and Emotions. I thought I had gotten to a point of acknowledgement about this but still gave in last night. With all the stress I am receiving from my family and boyfriend/ not sure what he is I really need to reassess this bond that I have with eating food as a comfort.

On a cheerier note I hope everyone has a great day! Thank you all for being a huge support.
soccerdixie- what do you mean by stress from your family and boyfriend? about IP and your weight loss journey, or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
OMG! I don't know whether to laugh or cry. A coworker told me this morning that I need to go shopping. She said it looks like my pants are fitting me like a potato sack. Fat people don't wear belts so I have been holding up my pants with a peice of rope. I really didn't want to buy clothes until I went down a size...looks like it might be time.
reinergirl- rope?! maybe you can find a belt and a new to you pair of pants at goodwill. while you are in between sizes. Congrats! it always feels great when someone tells you your a$$ looks horrible! lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
Hi Pegsi,

Hang in there is my best advise. I had a horrible plateau, thru December and January, only lost three pounds. Then I switched to only drinks for breakfast (rather than an IP omelet or cereal) and snack, ate strictly on protocol, stopped all cardio (but walked at least 2 miles a day) and the Woosh fairy awarded me with a 3 lb loss in one week. I just returned from my most recent weigh in and lost another two (in two weeks, but still a pound a week) so February has turned out much better. I am starting phase 3 next week because the inches are falling off faster than the pounds, and my size 6pants are in the danger zone of being too loose. I hope it helps, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
JSP- How awful, your size 6's are getting to loose... (WHAT!?!?!?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Good morning everyone. I had my third WI yesterday and even though it's my TOM, I'm -3, for a total of 12 lbs in just over 3 weeks. The inches are moving too, although my waist - my diabetic apple waist - isn't budging yet. I so look forward to that physical shift. I have to say, that I enjoy and get so much more out of this forum than I do from my coaches. My coach is a cardiologist and her nurse, and yesterday I got a 30 minute lecture on how I need to both relax, and do better. My blood pressure is still high - the reason I'm doing this in addition to weight loss, and it was very upsetting. I have anxiety about having my BP taken - someone I love dearly died in my arms of a heart attack and she knows I get frightened, and so she sort of picked a fight with me right before she took my blood pressure, I was red in the face and then sure enough, it was high. Does anybody else out there have high blood pressure and what did you do? Should I cut back on the salt? She never bothered to answer any of my questions, just lectured and made me feel awful. I would love to hear something helpful, scare tactics don't work well with me. My blood pressure is down from when I started this, and I don't take medications - can't handle them.
Many Thanks.
esammy- please go to walgreens or costco and get your own cuff. you don't need that kind of crap! and are you using Redmonds Sea Salt? i've read here and there that it can actually help with BP, unlike typical table salt. (of course i have no way of verifying that...) can't you fire this person (just a person regardless of the MD behind the name) you pay to care for you and find someone who fits the job description?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonieRuns View Post
Tuesday greetings,

I want to say a quick thank you to all who gave me such encouraging words for my non-loss week 4 anxiety. I had no plans to give up and I didn't and I was down 2.5 this morning and another 1.75 inches.

I ran for the first time in 10 weeks this past Sunday --only 4 miles, rather slow but felt good for the most part, if just a little "empty in the tank." I did eat an extra packet (as I've been directed) when I got home.

Tonight I've got a 3 mile run on tap and a Body Pump class (will start light!) so I think I'm back in the groove.

Thanks again--so many of you are such inspirations.
nonie runs- i only dream of running........... spoken like a true couch potato!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshb View Post
Is the yellow squash that is like shaped like a zucchini restricted?
Because zucchini squash isnt, its just confusing on what SQUASH is lol.
josh- nice to meet you! great story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee10 View Post
Hi. I have been cheating at night. I cheat with IP crispy cereal - I don't eat the whole thing but it is an extra partial packet. am leaving to play bridge and the woman who hosts it has all sorts of home made goodies and junk. i will be fine while I'm there but I'm worried about when I get home. I'm afraid I will feel deprived, etc. Maybe I'll come on site for a pep talk! Think I'll also alert DH that I might need to be talked off the ledge! Thanks chicks for letting me vent!
deelee- i do the same thing... but i nibble on a bar in the middle of the night no less. ughh!!! i have to get to 100% protocol. i plan on melting alot of fat of in a few weeks for this spring challenge! gotta get my game on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaTracy View Post
So far a good week. Down another 2 pounds. Keep up the great work everyone, you are such an inspiration.
alberta tracy- i love your avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Hey Everyone! I'm back from vacation!
And back on the wagon tomorrow!
As well as work
Hopefully I can try and catch up if it's not too busy at work!

Missed ya all! ;-)
medicmom- welcome home! are you all nice and tan?
Old 02-15-2011, 11:21 PM   #77  

Default i cheated today!

ok- i did. i had a diet coke! my head was about ready to bounce off my keyboard at work around 3 oclock! so i popped a top on a cold, refreshing, bubbly diet coke and swilled it down like a true addict! it was absolutely delicious!

how bad do you guys really think a diet pop once in awhile is?
Old 02-15-2011, 11:26 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 318/291/220

Height: 6'3.5

Default First Day!

Well today I started my IP journey. I have been doing a low fat, low calorie whole foods approach but I wanted something to really jumpstart my weightloss again. This morning was kinda hard bc Im use to eating oatmeal every morning, so I ate a pudding so I could have some substance. At lunch I had a salad and cucumbers with a chocolate shake. For dinner I seared a small flank steak and then put it in the oven with some Mrs. Dash's and sea salt with some squash and mushrooms on top. I made it through the day ok except I was tired this afternoon and didn't feel like working out. So I worked out after dinner. Which I feel like completely wore out now. I just finished my 3rd shake of the day. I made it!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:29 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman79 View Post
Well today I started my IP journey. I have been doing a low fat, low calorie whole foods approach but I wanted something to really jumpstart my weightloss again. This morning was kinda hard bc Im use to eating oatmeal every morning, so I ate a pudding so I could have some substance. At lunch I had a salad and cucumbers with a chocolate shake. For dinner I seared a small flank steak and then put it in the oven with some Mrs. Dash's and sea salt with some squash and mushrooms on top. I made it through the day ok except I was tired this afternoon and didn't feel like working out. So I worked out after dinner. Which I feel like completely wore out now. I just finished my 3rd shake of the day. I made it!!!
sandman- welcome. they say no working out on IP! you will get so drained and i mean fast!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:32 PM   #80  

Thanks for the answer about the Squash!
Here is my before and after photo SO FAR, still got more to lose!

http://i56.tinypic.com/2im845f.png
Old 02-16-2011, 12:03 AM   #81  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Ha! You think I jest? I'll bet your dog didn't fly-like-a-sail in 26 mph winds. And that was before 8 am.

And if I haven't said this before, or said it enough, you've really done a splendid job.
Thank you! You have really been an encouragement to me, I appreciate you very much. Judy
Old 02-16-2011, 12:29 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshb View Post
Thanks for the answer about the Squash!
Here is my before and after photo SO FAR, still got more to lose!

http://i56.tinypic.com/2im845f.png
You look great! Amazing loss so far. Whenever people asked about soy cheese I would tell them 'Joshb did it and he's done great'. Nice to see you back!
Old 02-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #83  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
ok- i did. i had a diet coke! my head was about ready to bounce off my keyboard at work around 3 oclock! so i popped a top on a cold, refreshing, bubbly diet coke and swilled it down like a true addict! it was absolutely delicious!

how bad do you guys really think a diet pop once in awhile is?
It won't affect your weight loss is my understanding but IP states not to drink it just bc pop in general is bad for you (acid). I would not stress too much about it. I was a diet pop a day drinker until I started IP and I will still have the occasional one particularly if I go out and don't want to drink water while everyone else is drinking alcohol. My theory is if it keeps you from having something worse for you then go nuts I really don't think its the worst thing in the world
Old 02-16-2011, 12:35 AM   #84  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Checking in

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
i haven't been on the site very often lately. I am getting a new comp today so maybe that will be my ritual for when i get home. my not being here to be inspired might have attributed to my succumbing to my stresses and getting sick. I have to go weigh in today and well let's just say....I'm expecting at least a 5 pound gain. What a waste of a week of protocol food. I am worried that these 3 days of cheating this last week are going to take their toll and i am going to lose my ambition and drive to do as well as I was for the first 5 weeks. Feeling scared, guilty, discouraged and just irritated at myself cause I am going to have to go through the really hard first week again. GRRRR! Well I keep imagining i will ask my coach to just not weigh me this time but I guess I should be accountable.
Glad to see the tried and trues are doing as well as ever! you guys are AWESOME! thanks for being here.
Amber,

Cheating is such a negative word. You are not a cheater!! You just had a tough few days and you went off protocol. You will get back on. Everyone is here to help you. I live only a few miles away in Louisville, CO. When I started this in November, I pretty much let myself have as much protein as I needed the first 3 days to get into ketosis, then settled into the protocol and I was almost never hungry. I would be happy to be your cheerleader if having one would help. Send me a PM.

Lynn
Old 02-16-2011, 12:35 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

!

deelee- i do the same thing... but i nibble on a bar in the middle of the night no less. ughh!!! i have to get to 100% protocol. i plan on melting alot of fat of in a few weeks for this spring challenge! gotta get my game on!

Okay Rondar. We've got to do it. I'm back from bridge. I sat with my back to the food. At the end of the evening she brought a beautiful plate o f little cakes and set it in front of me. I said, Oh, no thanks, Leslie and I have diabetes. Do you want any leslie? She didn't either. Now I'm home eating my IP pudding. I'm going to make it through tonight without cheating. Good luck.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:58 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hey Cajun and svelting - thanks for the support. I'm ready to go to sleep and hope to make it through the night without cheating. Good night chicks!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:07 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 226/226/160

Height: 5'8

Eeeek! So close! 9.8 lbs lost....hopefully will reach ten tomorrow! Good luck to everyone!
Old 02-16-2011, 05:15 AM   #88  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
It won't affect your weight loss is my understanding but IP states not to drink it just bc pop in general is bad for you (acid). I would not stress too much about it. I was a diet pop a day drinker until I started IP and I will still have the occasional one particularly if I go out and don't want to drink water while everyone else is drinking alcohol. My theory is if it keeps you from having something worse for you then go nuts I really don't think its the worst thing in the world
I was/still am (but not indulging) a Pepsi 0 addict. About three or so months ago somebody posted that coke was so awful you could use it to clean badly stained commodes. The third commode, that I rarely used, had a stain that I inherited with the house. So I poured a coke around the inside rim; and then forgot it. When the cleaning lady came two weeks later I heard the sound she made upstairs, even though I was down in the kitchen. It wasn't pretty.

Sheepishly I explained what I'd done. When she left (this is painful) she thanked me and said that she'd finally been able to get the stain out. Scary.

Last edited by Linden; 02-16-2011 at 05:18 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:31 AM   #89  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Default This thread is now closed

Please click on over to today's daily chat to continue this conversation: Wednesday, 16 February 2011
Old 02-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #90  
Started IP Feb 4,2011

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
So I have more incentive to lose my weight.... My Boyfriend of 9 years proposed last night! So we're geetting married in the spring of next year!
By that time I will be a beautiful slender bride!
Best wishes! The only time I have ever lost weight without suffering was just after I got engaged - the adrenaline kept me going! Good luck with IP, I know you are going to be a picture of health by your wedding
Closed Thread