Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 09:32 AM   #16  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Good morning! I had my WI#5 down 1 lb. I am seeing a trend in my weight loss. Big drop one week, smaller one the next rinse and repeat. I am heading into Phase 2 today!! I am 4 lbs from my goal weight. I am hoping to be on Phase 3 by March 25/11.

Congrats to all the NSV and SV.

Have an awesome day everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post
Good morning to all of you! Friday!! Woot woot!! Even thought I don't work it's always fun to be on Friday! I finished a contract of work in October and then I traveled for 2 months and here I am now searching (slowly) for a new job!

Today is WI #4. I have the impression of no lost today.. maybe 1 pound. I need to stay strong and tell myself that's it is OK if I don't loose to much this week. I'm pretty sure next week will be better. I followed the protocol on a T this week.. but oh well we will see.

I think I may have more than my 2 cups of veggies. I should measure. I should also measure the EVOO.. I think I'm good but I could be surprise.

Anyway my WI is at 10:30 a.m. and I will let you know !

Have a good day!
I just had WI #4 yesterday and only had a 1.2# loss. After the first 3 WI's were 9,8,9 # losses. I have heard this happens so I will be hoping for better results next week. I know I have followed protocol to a "T".

Hang in there and I know we will bounce back! Have a great weekend all!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #17  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

8 lbs until phase 2! Just thought I would share!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 246/214/150

Height: 5'7"

Well POO...I drank over 100oz of water yesterday and added a little extra protein to dinner to counteract the chores. The scale has not changed! That's it! I am staying away from the scale. It is the DEVIL.

On a positive note, there is a barista at work today and I did NOT touch! I absolutely love steamed milk with toasted marshmallow flavoring but not as much as I hate being fat. Small victory for me!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #19  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Congrats. Great Job!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:46 AM   #20  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Good Morning all, and first let me say Congrats to all the losses in any form!!!

So many newbies on the boards since I post daily MONTHS ago, welcome , welcome..

I was laughing yesterday reading a few posts about before and after pics,, well CUTIEELI's avatar is my before picture!!! lol

Today is day 5 for me and I weighed myself ( just to peek) and the scale said 218.. Monday I was 224.5 when I began.

Now I am using a plan that is adjusted to my medical issues..some of IP's guidelines with protein powder and small unprocessed food meals-lean protein and veggies, but I do use a 'clean' chicken or beef stock with my veggies to make soup.. ( clean meaning low sodium/ no msg/no additives)

When I was introduced to IP, I did strict IP for 3 months last year (july thru sept) and lost 30 lbs. THEN the health issues began- it was too much protein for my body and Bladder infections began and lasted a LONG tiome cause the bladder was so inflammed from the amount of protein turning my bladder acidic and it was bledding- (too much info I know) But I am just sharing my journey. My urologist wanted me to put low carbs back in my diet ( low carb pitas work for me) maybe 1 a day or every other day. to balance out the acidity in my bladder and yes I am on a day pill for it too. YES I am drinking my water..some days I feel like a fish...

anyway, I am tring again.. long road a head but I have a plan and you all for encouragement.. I remember feeling sad a long time on IP, emotions are part of our over eating or food addiction.. at least mine is...so the emotions come to surface.. it's part of the healing ourselves from whatever made us plump in the first place...

Most overweight people have been abused in one way or another in the childhood, eith physical. mental,or emotional neglect. We block it out over the years and comfort ourselves in other ways- some turn to sex, others alcohol or drugs or like me, an easier access was food.. I was always the 'good girl' so the other options were not even considered. I always wanted everyone to like me, so I started pleasing everyone who asked something of me, well It's been a long pattern of wanting friends, then being rejected.. Every rejection was more pounds added to my 5 ft frame..

I am the caretaker of more than my immediately family and it's something I do because I love to help people, but I never loved myself as I love others.. There I said it. So this journey of weight loss is also a journey of learning to love myself...

so from now on, when I am tempted to shove something in my mouth, I am going to tell myself . that's NOT loving yourself behavior...

thanks fo listening...
Old 02-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 224/205/150

good morning all. today is going to be another tough day. It is very cold and rainy/icy here so its going to be another inside day with the kids. I didn't fall off protocal yesterday but I could have eaten the house. I never struggle with hunger because I am always on the go. Hopefully tomorrow will at least be sunny so we can go dress shopping for our mardi gras ball!!!!! hoping everyone will have a good day
Old 02-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #22  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

I'm excited for myself that I had another day that was 100% on protocol! I'm so looking forward to trying some of the new packets.
Now I'm hoping to have another day of 100% IP so I can keep myself in ketosis!

Looking forward to my stuffed green peppers for dinner tonight!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #23  
Started IP 01/10/11

Good morning all. Here is to another successful day on protocol, 100%! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

These are comments from Yesterday's Thread......

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Congrats on the weight loss and you are right a loss is a loss keep up the hard work you are doing.
Thank you COUTS71! Will see what next week holds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Hey Juiceman - don't feel bad -- I just came back from WI#4 as well and I lost 0.7 pounds (AWESOME--I jest) -- so I think it might be true that week 3 or 4 is a slow down and a readjustment -- (at lest this is what I am telling myself) -- I did loose inches so that makes me happy. I bet WI #5 will be better for us.
Maybe it is true...??? We shall see next week. I hope it is better for you as well. Keep at it and we will see! Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosandandie View Post
Juiceman- I LOVE your quote on the bottom of your page. It's being printed and put on my fridge!

IS THAT "CHEAT" WORTH $50 AND STOPPING THE ROLLERCOASTER OF SUCCESS? NO!
Thank you, glad I could help! I could add many more but no need for my signature to become huge and possibly annoying! Good luck to you in your journey.

Last edited by juiceman11; 02-04-2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Added: "These are comments from Yesterday's Thread......"
Old 02-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #24  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
I'm excited for myself that I had another day that was 100% on protocol! I'm so looking forward to trying some of the new packets.
Now I'm hoping to have another day of 100% IP so I can keep myself in ketosis!

Looking forward to my stuffed green peppers for dinner tonight!
Good work. Stick with it! You can do it. 100% everyday, it is worth it, you and I both know it! There is a poker tournament Saturday, want to go? $2000first place, $200 for 10th place. $60 entry.

We can do this!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:11 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I would like to quote and reply to people in yesterday's thread. Since it is a new day, is it possible to quote from yesterdays thread on today's? Sorry, I have tried to figure it out on my own with no luck.

Do you just have to copy and paste and force it to quote?
As long as the other thread is not locked, you can still use the "Quote" feature on today's posts... just click on the Multi-quote icon (the one with the quotations marks), then go to today's thread, & click on "Post Reply".. underneath the text box, it will say "You have selected 1 post that is not part of this thread. Quote this post as well, or deselect this post.".. if you still want to use the quote from the other thread, click on "Quote this post as well" & it will appear in the text box just like a quote from today's thread would...

Of course, if the other thread is locked, you have no choice but to copy & paste...

Hope that helps...

hugs
Old 02-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #26  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
As long as the other thread is not locked, you can still use the "Quote" feature on today's posts... just click on the Multi-quote icon (the one with the quotations marks), then go to today's thread, & click on "Post Reply".. underneath the text box, it will say "You have selected 1 post that is not part of this thread. Quote this post as well, or deselect this post.".. if you still want to use the quote from the other thread, click on "Quote this post as well" & it will appear in the text box just like a quote from today's thread would...

Of course, if the other thread is locked, you have no choice but to copy & paste...

Hope that helps...

hugs
Thank you, I just went ahead and copied and pasted. I will keep this info for future use.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Good morning! I had my WI#5 down 1 lb. I am seeing a trend in my weight loss. Big drop one week, smaller one the next rinse and repeat. I am heading into Phase 2 today!! I am 4 lbs from my goal weight. I am hoping to be on Phase 3 by March 25/11.

Congrats to all the NSV and SV.

Have an awesome day everyone.
Good for you!! I am off to have WI # 4 today. Road conditions are not great, but I am going to brave the icy roads for my WI! Hoping the scale went down more this week! Any loss is a loss, I am not easily discouraged!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #28  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulleriina View Post
anybody else feeling blue ? Even that I'm finally losing again and everything suppose to fine I feel sad I feel that I don't know me anymore because I look so different and still I see myself very fat
It's been suggested that emotions are connected to the fat layers we're losing. It makes sense to me, in terms of cell memory. I've researched it a bit online and spoken with my coach about it, and he's told me that often people say they're feeling how they felt the last time they were at ____ pounds. Like when I was at 175, if I felt sad because of an event in my life, then when I lose that layer of fat, the cells release those toxins into our bodies, causing residual emotions to brim to the surface.

As far as not knowing yourself anymore, I agree. Our bodies define us so much, especially in our confidence. I know at my highest weight I was nowhere nearly as outgoing as I really am, for fear of people looking at me. I liked to stay unnoticed, which is NOT ME at all. I was feeling the same way recently, and 3-way dialed my two best friends, who reminded me who I am, really. I always loved being the center of attention, being on stage, and was usually the one laughing the loudest. Recently, when I'd laugh loud, I'd quickly look down and blush, worrying that someone was wondering what that fat girl was laughing at.

It's almost a feeling of having lost yourself, since you're losing something that for so long defined you. Hope this helps...the knowledge that you're not alone, and the suggestion to call the people who know you best, and ask them to describe you ___ years ago. This response was longer than I intended, but those things really helped me; I hope you feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
Yuppppp!!!BTW, my boyfriend and I are going to visit two houses tomorrow...SOOO EXCITED I sooo hope one of them will be THE ONE because ..it's suuuch a long process.. Anywho have a GRRRRREAT Day!! xoxox
Ok, so this is a little weird...but make sure you sit on the toilets and in the tub (fully dressed, of course)! Like you're really going to the bathroom. Gotta make sure everything is comfortable... Oh. And don't settle because you want it to be quick. TRUST me. This is the worst thing for your relationship and sanity.

Quote:
I would like to quote and reply to people in yesterday's thread. Since it is a new day, is it possible to quote from yesterdays thread on today's? Sorry, I have tried to figure it out on my own with no luck.

Do you just have to copy and paste and force it to quote?
I open a new window, do a multi-quote, then copy and paste the multi-quote from the bottom of that page to today's. Got the tip from Judo, I think...

Quote:
Mine is exactly the same...big loss, little losss...My WI #5 was Wednesday, and I'm doing no restricteds and all pudding shakes or cran-blue-pom drinks this weeks to see if I can combat the one pound that would come next week! (This was almost a 5-lb loss!). The good thing about it is, I lose more inches on the weeks I lose less pounds. Weird, but I'm hoping for both next week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Now I am using a plan that is adjusted to my medical issues..some of IP's guidelines with protein powder and small unprocessed food meals-lean protein and veggies, but I do use a 'clean' chicken or beef stock with my veggies to make soup.. ( clean meaning low sodium/ no msg/no additives)

anyway, I am tring again.. long road a head but I have a plan and you all for encouragement.. I remember feeling sad a long time on IP, emotions are part of our over eating or food addiction.. at least mine is...so the emotions come to surface.. it's part of the healing ourselves from whatever made us plump in the first place...

Most overweight people have been abused in one way or another in the childhood, eith physical. mental,or emotional neglect. We block it out over the years and comfort ourselves in other ways- some turn to sex, others alcohol or drugs or like me, an easier access was food.. I was always the 'good girl' so the other options were not even considered. I always wanted everyone to like me, so I started pleasing everyone who asked something of me, well It's been a long pattern of wanting friends, then being rejected.. Every rejection was more pounds added to my 5 ft frame..

I am the caretaker of more than my immediately family and it's something I do because I love to help people, but I never loved myself as I love others.. There I said it. So this journey of weight loss is also a journey of learning to love myself...

so from now on, when I am tempted to shove something in my mouth, I am going to tell myself . that's NOT loving yourself behavior...

thanks fo listening...
What a wonderful post! Thank you for sharing. I'm so impressed that you've returned to IP with a great plan to accommodate your medical issues. I agree that so many people turn to food to bury our issues, which is just adding to the mental/physical unhealthiness.

Way to begin to love yourself, I know you'll find the support and love here that you so selflessly give to others. Best of luck to you, and please keep us updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erathbaby View Post
good morning all. today is going to be another tough day. It is very cold and rainy/icy here so its going to be another inside day with the kids. I didn't fall off protocal yesterday but I could have eaten the house. I never struggle with hunger because I am always on the go. Hopefully tomorrow will at least be sunny so we can go dress shopping for our mardi gras ball!!!!! hoping everyone will have a good day
OOOOHHH! I love the balls. Which one are you going to? I'm so ready for parades, but the king cakes are KILLING me! Been strong so far, and every time I look at one, I remember that I am NOT paying $50.00 for a piece of king cake.

AFM--Going to Goodwill today. All of my clothes are far too big, but I refuse to buy a bunch of stuff new when I don't plan on being in them long...anyone want to send me some 20's and 18's? Ha. Too bad there isn't an exchange forum, really.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #29  

Quote:
Thank you, I just went ahead and copied and pasted. I will keep this info for future use.
Good enough, juiceman11... I've used that method several times, so I know it works... I usually say something at the beginning of the post that indicates the quotes are from a different thread, just so nobody gets confused, including me!..

Congrats to ALL for so many successes already today... I'll be looking for more as the day goes on...

hugs
Old 02-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
It's been suggested that emotions are connected to the fat layers we're losing. It makes sense to me, in terms of cell memory. I've researched it a bit online and spoken with my coach about it, and he's told me that often people say they're feeling how they felt the last time they were at ____ pounds. Like when I was at 175, if I felt sad because of an event in my life, then when I lose that layer of fat, the cells release those toxins into our bodies, causing residual emotions to brim to the surface.

As far as not knowing yourself anymore, I agree. Our bodies define us so much, especially in our confidence. I know at my highest weight I was nowhere nearly as outgoing as I really am, for fear of people looking at me. I liked to stay unnoticed, which is NOT ME at all. I was feeling the same way recently, and 3-way dialed my two best friends, who reminded me who I am, really. I always loved being the center of attention, being on stage, and was usually the one laughing the loudest. Recently, when I'd laugh loud, I'd quickly look down and blush, worrying that someone was wondering what that fat girl was laughing at.

It's almost a feeling of having lost yourself, since you're losing something that for so long defined you. Hope this helps...the knowledge that you're not alone, and the suggestion to call the people who know you best, and ask them to describe you ___ years ago. This response was longer than I intended, but those things really helped me; I hope you feel better soon.
LOVE THIS, Jolie!!!.. excellent post!.. it describes me so well... I keep telling people this is the REAL ME... now if I can just get myself to believe that... thanks so much for your wonderful insight...

hugs
Closed Thread