Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 06:19 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Monday, 31 January 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

______
To read up on what you missed this weekend: January 29-30, 2011

Last edited by EatAnts; 01-31-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:45 AM   #2  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I just had to be the first to reply this morning! Hope everyone has an awesome day and is making great choices!

I'm heading north this morning for my BOD POD analysis. Will share details later.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:00 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone had a 100% weekend as I did! My DH and I went to the movies and I resisted all the goodies even after DH bought my favorites white chocolate covered pretzels. I plan to have a great week and hope everyone does too. Stay strong. We all can do this! Just say NO!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:45 AM   #4  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning all, here is to a wonderful week of IP'ing (LOL say that outloud and it sounds funny).

NSV-the wife and I had a date night and saw a comedian. I ate before the show and she was eating there. I planned to have a salad. They were not able to fix me a salad, WTH!. My wife had a GYRO and fries, smelled great but did not sample, just had iced tea and water. She also had wine.

I now know how she felt when we would go out and I would have drinks and she couldn't while pregnant. It was a wonderful evening. Just bummed that I could not get my salad for dinner time.

Did great though. I am also not going to step on the scale until my WI this Thursday. I know I broke into the 250's this weekend and hope to have another 8-9 loss by this Thursday.

Keep at it all!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 288/268.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Ketosis and victories (both SV and NSV)

Good morning everybody,
Hope you are not all frozen like I am in the great white Saskatchewan! On to day 4 today! Had a rough morning this morning - woke up feeling like crap, found that some jerk had unplugged my car overnight so it barely turned over and then after dropping my boyfriend off burst into tears for no reason! I don't know if it is the diet, the pills i am on or a lack of sleep, but I feel terrible this morning! On a positive note, since I started on Friday I have lost 8.4lbs and also have not yet cheated despite being surrounded by M&Ms and cheesecake (two of my favorite treats!). It's my first day of being on the program at work, but I am going home for lunch because I did not feel up to making food this morning to bring with me.
I do have a question for you all - as far as following the Phase 1 protocol goes - if you are hungry in between meals, do you snack on anything that is not on the Phase 1 list but is Zero Fat/Carbs/Sugars?
I am hoping to get to Zumba today after work, but it will depend on the weather I suppose! Right now it is -34 Celsius (-39 with the windchill!) The kids willl probably be inside for recess, so it will be a gongshow day today!

Woops, forgot to mention that I woke up with a horrid taste in my mouth - can anybody confirm or deny that this is possibly the beginning of ketosis?

Last edited by Camio87; 01-31-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:37 AM   #6  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Morning IP friends! This weekend was hard to get in all my water and veggies, but I stayed OP anyway! I'm really starting to feel the difference in my clothes, even though I don't see it in the mirror.

You guys really kept me going all weekend, even though I didn't have time to post or respond, I read everything. It definitely helps to read when I forget that this is working.

On another note...I started planning our Disney trip! It'll just be me and my son this time, and I'm waiting until the end of September, hoping I'll be at least close to goal. That's doable, right?
Old 01-31-2011, 09:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio87 View Post
Good morning everybody,
Hope you are not all frozen like I am in the great white Saskatchewan! On to day 4 today! Had a rough morning this morning - woke up feeling like crap, found that some jerk had unplugged my car overnight so it barely turned over and then after dropping my boyfriend off burst into tears for no reason! I don't know if it is the diet, the pills i am on or a lack of sleep, but I feel terrible this morning! On a positive note, since I started on Friday I have lost 8.4lbs and also have not yet cheated despite being surrounded by M&Ms and cheesecake (two of my favorite treats!). It's my first day of being on the program at work, but I am going home for lunch because I did not feel up to making food this morning to bring with me.
I do have a question for you all - as far as following the Phase 1 protocol goes - if you are hungry in between meals, do you snack on anything that is not on the Phase 1 list but is Zero Fat/Carbs/Sugars?
I am hoping to get to Zumba today after work, but it will depend on the weather I suppose! Right now it is -34 Celsius (-39 with the windchill!) The kids willl probably be inside for recess, so it will be a gongshow day today!

Woops, forgot to mention that I woke up with a horrid taste in my mouth - can anybody confirm or deny that this is possibly the beginning of ketosis?
Good morning! Camio, I hope the rest of your day improves

It's a really good possibility that you are in ketosis. I am never able to tell from my breath but my urine is darker and more 'smelly' Once in ketosis, life does get better!

I missed my WI last week, so wasn't able to pick up more IP products either. Thankfully I had a lot of leftovers from when I was not exactly following protocol at Christmas time, plus I'd bought some extra for variety. I normally have a cappuccino for breakfast, but since all I have besides soups are puddings, including several packages of that awful new chocolate pudding, I tried that with more water, some stevia and some WF chocolate syrup, as a shake. It was pretty good! So if you are one of those who doesn't like the chocolate pudding, try it this way to use up your packets.

Hope you all have a wonderful IP day full of great WI results and NSVs!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 246/214/150

Height: 5'7"

I survived my first weekend on IP. Also had two episodes of going out to dinner and survived that. Its really awful looking at all the things that I love to eat but cant....got on the scale this morning and didn't lose a freaking pound. UGGHHHHH! Obviously ate the right foods but overjudged the amounts on the meat. So discouraging. I have two days until my WI. I am gonna follow it to the letter and hope for the best.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 179.2/150.2/145

Height: 5'8.5"

WI this morning. I'm down 2.2 lbs and in the 150s. Well, 159.8, but I'm there. I haven't seen the 150s since college, so YAY! I need to have a 100% IP week to see that number go down, down, down.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:15 AM   #10  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsEricaSaenz View Post
WI this morning. I'm down 2.2 lbs and in the 150s. Well, 159.8, but I'm there. I haven't seen the 150s since college, so YAY! I need to have a 100% IP week to see that number go down, down, down.
Congrats! I too entered the 50's mind you 250's but it was great to see this as well. It has been since my freshman year in college that I saw 250's. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:18 AM   #11  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjsmom View Post
Good morning everyone. Hope everyone had a 100% weekend as I did! My DH and I went to the movies and I resisted all the goodies even after DH bought my favorites white chocolate covered pretzels. I plan to have a great week and hope everyone does too. Stay strong. We all can do this! Just say NO!
Great job resisting the goodies! I went to the movies this weekend too. I took some choc covered soy crisps with me and it was so great to have something to munch on throughout the movie while my guy had his candy and soda. Have a great week!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:39 AM   #12  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
I survived my first weekend on IP. Also had two episodes of going out to dinner and survived that. Its really awful looking at all the things that I love to eat but cant....got on the scale this morning and didn't lose a freaking pound. UGGHHHHH! Obviously ate the right foods but overjudged the amounts on the meat. So discouraging. I have two days until my WI. I am gonna follow it to the letter and hope for the best.
HORRAAAAYYY!!!!! That first weekend is TOUGH - and you made it. You will not loose a pound every day - Our bodies go through adjustments which make loosing every day difficult. Taking into account water/fluid retention, what you ate the night before (even if it is IP approved) and the healing process that happens within your body will determine when the weight drops. Typically for me I will not see the scale move for several days and then it will move 2 pounds. Someone on this forum (either Linden or Svelting) quoted a doctor who said the body cannot lose weight until it is healed and healthy (paraphrased)-- I like to think on the days I am not loosing weight I am healing which further confirms (to my brain) this is a protocol and not just a diet. It is as much about healing my body as it is about giving up this weight.

You are doing a fantastic job - and the fact that you are still here and haven't given up says lots about your willingness to participate in all facets of this program!!!!!! It does get better (just wait - all pun intended-until you see the scale this week)
Old 01-31-2011, 10:43 AM   #13  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday! Our entire city is covered in a sheet of ice so we're having a pajama day at home. Tomorrow, we're expecting blizzard conditions but I really hope I can make it to my weigh in. I do not have any extra product because I'm only 3 weeks in. Plus I've been dreaming about those restricted products since my coach holds us off for 3 weeks.

Last night we went out to eat with family and then to Blue Man Group. Had a blast but dinner was hard because it was my favorite restaurant and all my normal dishes aren't on plan. In the end, I somewhat enjoyed my tilapia and steamed veggies. On a side note, not IP related, Blue Man Group was AWESOME!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'5

Default Another Week!!

Just wanted to wish everyone a great week of staying on protocol!!

Looking forward to winter being over I have had enough snow...hopefully it will only rain on Wednesday!! Go Luck to everyone
Old 01-31-2011, 10:49 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

I had a pretty good wkend IP wise....went to Golden Corral with some friends last nite, which is a really good place to eat on this diet! I just had to judge how much protein I was eating, and probably went over, but I def. stayed on protocal. And it`s a NSV maybe, that all the desserts didn`t call my name too loudly That used to be one of my favorite things at Golden Corral....all that dessert to eat! So glad that I can learn to overcome that.
Closed Thread