Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 10:25 PM   #496  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but I am so sick of chicken! I've been back on program since Monday and am already sick of chicken. I swear there is no good tasting chicken out there. I add all sorts of seasonings, baking, grilling, frozen, fresh, and it's all bad. Thinking I will go back to grilled hamburger. Worked for me last fall so back to it I will go. I wish I liked fish but I just can't stand the smell and the texture. I've got to change something or I will go nuts!

How about these ideas:
Orange tangerine chicken - WF orange spread melted down with some grated tangerine peel.

Raspberry chipotle chicken - melt down WF raspberry spread with some chipotle chile powder.

Mole sauce - a combination of 1 cup WF BBQ sauce, 1/4 c WF pancake syrup, and 1/4 c WF chocolate syrup - excellent over chicken or pork.

Chicken pot pie - chicken stew made out of sauteed leeks, celery, green beans and herbs. Gravy made with ip chicken soup and chicken broth. Topping made with mashed cauliflower which can be thickened with some crushed sw cheese curls.

Ps- I'm glad I could help with my loophole confession.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:24 AM   #497  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Just made a grocery list with all the ideas for chicken and the other meats. I'm going to the store today and will pick everything up and give them a try. Thank you all! Sometimes I get stuck in a rut and get lazy preparing my meals.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #498  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Where are you in Upstate? I live near Lake George. I have had just about enough snow.
Hey Darbs,
I'm in the Catskills near the Delaware river and just across from Pa. Yeah, snows been a biatchh this winter. Now it's just muddy and gross, right?. No sense in washing the car these days :0)

You made me laugh today when you said you were feeling alright, but the day was still young. It's just like that isn't it... This program brings up way more than food for me. Somedays better or worse than others. Still...I'd rather be tackling my feelings with the weight off, than on. It's a good place from which to start the rest of the journey.
There's a special starting on Oprah's new channel called "addicted to food." I'm curious to watch it and get more insight on why we do the things we do and to have compassion for those still struggling. Have a great day and enjoy the heat wave up there!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #499  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Hey Darbs,
I'm in the Catskills near the Delaware river and just across from Pa. Yeah, snows been a biatchh this winter. Now it's just muddy and gross, right?. No sense in washing the car these days :0)

You made me laugh today when you said you were feeling alright, but the day was still young. It's just like that isn't it... This program brings up way more than food for me. Somedays better or worse than others. Still...I'd rather be tackling my feelings with the weight off, than on. It's a good place from which to start the rest of the journey.
There's a special starting on Oprah's new channel called "addicted to food." I'm curious to watch it and get more insight on why we do the things we do and to have compassion for those still struggling. Have a great day and enjoy the heat wave up there!!!
Believe it or not....during the last seven months I have accessed why I was overweight (with help of hubby) and not so much a food addiction, but a "fun" addiction...seriously I am addicted to fun. I was married at 18, daughter by 19....and I was very serious about raising her, working, and getting straight A's at undergrad and grad school. So for the last 4-5 years hubby and I have been living it up with lots of nights out and weekends away. I miss that so much....I know those times shouldn't be about food, but we love wine shows and food pairing events.

But I have learned that I need to do them in moderation (not 2 times a week or even in summer when off 4-5 times a week...ooooohhhhh so bad!).

Speaking of.....I will be staying on the Delaware River in Lambertville, NJ (right next to New HOpe, PA) on April 15/16 for a wine tour weekend. Can't wait, here it is beautiful.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #500  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgypudding View Post
My weight loss was good (for me) up until Christmas vacation. I went off the diet for two weeks. Then i came home from vacation and got right back on the diet. And cheated for two weeks. I got my act straight and stopped the "big" cheating but i kept up sneaking tiny little cheats like tablespoons of peanut butter or bites of cheese. I was deluding myself that it was low carb and shouldn't affect my weight loss. Somewhere in this fantasy i was blocking out the fact that the Atkins diet didn't work for me even when i stayed at 20 carbs a day and one of the main differences between ideal protein and Atkins is the fat. Then i heard myself telling a friend who just started the diet that this is a low carb, low calorie, low FAT diet and if he eats too much fat his body will burn the fat in the food before it burns the fat off his butt. All of the sudden the lightbulb went off and i looked up the fat contents of different meats. Strange but this question had never come up in all my years of dieting. On low cal, low fat I just didn't eat meat period. On low carb you only count the carbs. So i had forgotten how much fat was in meat. one 3.5oz chicken breast = 7gm fat. 2 Tbsp peanut butter = 16 grams of fat. OMG, I'm eating an entire steak's worth of fat everyday in peanut butter and cheese! No wonder I'm only losing a pound or less a week but these sticks still say im in ketosis! My new goal is to get back to the basic principles of IP and just eat the packets and dinner and stop trying to cheat the system and look for loopholes so i can indulge in my favorite things. If I had just said no for the past two months I might have been at my goal by now and could add the cheese and peanut butter back in on my cheat day!

Let me put a postive spin on what you have been doing. YOu have been learning how to life....you have been learning how to make good choices for not gaining. Yah you might have been at your goal (me too), but this is not a race....this is different than the diets in the past where you race to the goal and then what. If we take moments here and there to relax and learn to maintain...it will be good for the long run. I am so thrilled to have taken off the biggest chunk (literally) of my weight and if the last 25 come off slower than so be it as long as I learn to change my eating forever and not just to reach a number. (BTW....I started just a few pounds less than you and we are the same weight now....so I am very proud of both of our accomplishments)
Old 03-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #501  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Thank you darbs!

I have learned a lot about myself. And I'm glad I've learned it before I reached my goal instead of making goal and gaining all the weight back. (I'm still scared to death that THAT will happen!). My problems with food are more about freedom and enjoyment than the actual eating. I'm not really a big eater at all. But when I came home from vacation I rebelled against not being ALLOWED to have certain things. I had to go off the diet for three days and eat soft foods because I had an intestinal blockage. I didn't once eat cheese or peanut butter! If they were that big a deal when I'm on the diet then why didn't I care about them when I could technically have them? Because now I'm allowed. I didn't even think about them. Most of my fun activities and holidays are associated with food. I told my husband last weekend - I'm bored but everything I can think of that's fun to do involves food I cant have. How sad is that. Something I've learned over the past 7months in different forums
is that I can't think of ideal protein as three phases then I've reached my goal so I'm off. I have to think of phase four as part of the diet that I follow for life. A couple of my friends who finished the diet before me haven't followed the rules of 6 days a week separating carbs and fats and the guidelines of phase four. They've gained weight back and started phase 1 again. I want to be just as diligent on phase 4 as I was when I started phase 1. Keep up the good work darbs! We're in it for life.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #502  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Just dropping in for a quick hello. struggling still but getting through. been super busy last day or so and the weekend will be worse but will do my best.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #503  

Quote:
Thank you darbs!

I have learned a lot about myself. And I'm glad I've learned it before I reached my goal instead of making goal and gaining all the weight back. (I'm still scared to death that THAT will happen!). My problems with food are more about freedom and enjoyment than the actual eating. I'm not really a big eater at all. But when I came home from vacation I rebelled against not being ALLOWED to have certain things. I had to go off the diet for three days and eat soft foods because I had an intestinal blockage. I didn't once eat cheese or peanut butter! If they were that big a deal when I'm on the diet then why didn't I care about them when I could technically have them? Because now I'm allowed. I didn't even think about them. Most of my fun activities and holidays are associated with food. I told my husband last weekend - I'm bored but everything I can think of that's fun to do involves food I cant have. How sad is that. Something I've learned over the past 7months in different forums
is that I can't think of ideal protein as three phases then I've reached my goal so I'm off. I have to think of phase four as part of the diet that I follow for life. A couple of my friends who finished the diet before me haven't followed the rules of 6 days a week separating carbs and fats and the guidelines of phase four. They've gained weight back and started phase 1 again. I want to be just as diligent on phase 4 as I was when I started phase 1. Keep up the good work darbs! We're in it for life.
Two peas in a pod....I do the same thing everything fun deals with food and adult beverages. I live in Upstate NY and the snow is up to the second half of my windows....I live in an igloo practically. When the snow melts I am looking forward to walking, golfing, kayaking, etc. But I also enjoy bbq with good food and drinks. Oh well...this is a lifetime change...if it takes me a year to lose the last 25 than oh well...at least I am committed and I know I will lose it....I see it...it will happen
Old 03-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #504  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

No Loopholes...what a concept!

I love your renewed determination, gals. Thanks for sharing. I have to start eating my veggies again. I realized I'm only taking in about 450 cals a day...not good.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #505  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

I just made turkey polska kielbasa from Hillshire Farm. What can I say, YUM! Browned it with EVO and added sauerkraut and let it simmer. Dipped in brown mustard and thought I was eating a bratwurst. Tomorrow night on to the other suggestions. Thank you so much for the ideas!

Decided to treat myself for being back on program. Went to my dermatologist and had my spider veins zapped so I'll be all ready for summer and be able to wear my shorts without having to wear long ones to cover my legs. Just got to wear support hose for a week.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #506  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
How about these ideas:
Orange tangerine chicken - WF orange spread melted down with some grated tangerine peel.

Raspberry chipotle chicken - melt down WF raspberry spread with some chipotle chile powder.

Mole sauce - a combination of 1 cup WF BBQ sauce, 1/4 c WF pancake syrup, and 1/4 c WF chocolate syrup - excellent over chicken or pork.

Chicken pot pie - chicken stew made out of sauteed leeks, celery, green beans and herbs. Gravy made with ip chicken soup and chicken broth. Topping made with mashed cauliflower which can be thickened with some crushed sw cheese curls.

Ps- I'm glad I could help with my loophole confession.
These are such great ideas! Thanks for posting them. You might want to post them to the recipe 2 thread as I'm sure everyone would benefit from some fresh ideas.

I also appreciate your "loophole" confession.

Lynn
Old 03-13-2011, 07:30 AM   #507  

Went out Friday night....first time going out when I wasn't out of town on vacation. I had a few martinis and some salsa and chips....yesterday was a wash as I didn't feel great....today....100%.

What I love is that I am learning how to live for the rest of my life. I am making good choices all around. This cannot be a quick temporary fix for my weight issues. This needs to be about learning ways to cope with every day choices.

One great choice hubby and I made Friday night was that we left more than half of the chips and guac at the restaurant. We would have finished every last bit 7 months ago. I would say we left 60%.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #508  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Darbs I feel the same way! I'm gonna do this 100% until I lose 30 more lbs...and then I'll go to phase 2, 3 and 4. However the biggest reason I put the weight on during my break is I wasn't focused on making good choices.. I was focused on eating crap before I got back on plan. The whole mentality is borderline insanity. I need to learn how to enjoy something yummy without inhaling the entire item. Just a couple of bites and then move on....has anyone thought of staying in phase 3 instead of phase 4? Phase 4 still scares me to death... I'm so comfortable with the way I eat now, throwing in a bunch of carbs at night makes me panic
Old 03-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #509  

S/C/G: 264.5/183/165

Height: 5ft3

Struggling a bit, been on IP since September and have had a great loss. Since Febuary I have had had good weeks and some not so good weeks. I know it is because I am not totally committed right now. I don't know why, IP works, I have lost over 75lbs and only have 25 more left....
Why can't I just get refocused!! It is so frustrating....I have been OP 100% today, I guess it's just one day at a time.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:24 PM   #510  

Hello everyone...well i'm really having a hard time. Started IP in September and did pretty good until December. I have since fallen off track and really having a hard time getting back on plan. I find that i'm getting terrible cravings for sweets.....it is so hard for me to be good again. I do get kind of upset on the cost of the products and throw my frustrations in food...i know this makes no sense, i'm trying to figure it out myself. I don't have a lot of options in Canada for alternate foods. I have made some orders from the states but by the time I pay the fees from UPS, there really isn't much savings!! so this is really bumming me out. I'm going to try again monday to get back on track!!
Closed Thread