Old 01-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #1  
in need of help!

Default Day 4 and sick

I am on day 4...everything was going well. However, I woke up last night and have been throwing up ever since. I tried a shake but it made me gag so I am wondering: stomach flu or the program? I had some seven up and lots of water but am unable to eat anything!
Should I wait a few days and start fresh on monday? I really need to eat something but the smell and taste of the IP products really gross me out.
gigi1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/158.3/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi1023 View Post
I am on day 4...everything was going well. However, I woke up last night and have been throwing up ever since. I tried a shake but it made me gag so I am wondering: stomach flu or the program? I had some seven up and lots of water but am unable to eat anything!
Should I wait a few days and start fresh on monday? I really need to eat something but the smell and taste of the IP products really gross me out.
I'm thinking stomach flu. We have a lot of it going around here. Have you taken your temperature? Checked with your doctor? I'm not going to give you medical advice, but I do think you need to follow your instincts. Call your doctor or coach and get their professional advice. Hope you get to feeling better!
rox824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
In my book your total health outweighs the diet. If you are sick you need to take care of yourself first. If you are vomiting or having diarrhea, the dehydration issues are at play. This diet makes that more likely.

TAKE CARE OF YOU.

If you can do that and stay with the diet fine but, that is second.

You can have diet ginger ale and sprite or 7up to settle your stomach if that works for you.

Try having some chicken broth.

If you can find a sugar free electrolyte drink you can use that.

IF YOU CAN'T find anything sugar free that works. Take care of you!

Get lots of fluids and rest. You need to prevent yourself from dehydrating or loosing muscle. You can always get back on the diet.

Feel better soon!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 01-21-2011 at 10:17 AM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 179.2/150.2/145

Height: 5'8.5"

Hmmm...sounds like stomach virus/flu. It's going around over here too. It's lasting a couple of days at most. Fortunately I haven't caught that, just a good ol' fashioned cold for me.

Also, I'm sure you would know this by now, but maybe you're having some kind of allergic reaction to the soy it the IP products? I'm sure you've thought of this. I sure hope not.

It may be hard, but since you're throwing up, try to keep hydrated by drinking as much water as possible, or warm tea, or something. Feel better soon!
MsEricaSaenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #5  
in need of help!

Yes I have a fever. What is weird is that right after vomiting, I feel wonderful and full of energy. Thats what made me question wether my body was simply in shock (I lived on carbs alone!!!). Has anybody else experienced the same thing?
Old 01-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #6  
in need of help!

Thanks everybody for your advice.I am going to continue resting and will try to get something in my stomach...anything at this point would be nice. I will start up again once my body feels ready. I am just a little upset that I have to stop after day 4 and lose all the efforts and the motivation I had. Plus, I was down 4 pounds...
Old 01-21-2011, 10:24 AM   #7  

Quote:
Yes I have a fever. What is weird is that right after vomiting, I feel wonderful and full of energy. Thats what made me question wether my body was simply in shock (I lived on carbs alone!!!). Has anybody else experienced the same thing?
How much water have you had in the past 24 hours??? Did you get in all of your salt and supplements?

It isn't entirely uncommon for people to be nauseous or vomit on this diet but, usually it is day 2 or 3.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #8  
in need of help!

I have not been getting the potassium supplements. There were'nt any left where I bought the food. I thought that it would not matter. And I totally forgot all the other supplements on day 2. I have however, been getting enough water. Technically, today is day 4 so I started vomiting on Day 3.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:35 AM   #9  

Ah.. Ok. you may have a virus. What I said still applies. You need to keep your body hydrated.

If you are getting lots of water, you are flushing salts and potassium. Depending on your body chemistry you can unbalance electrolytes. It is part of why we taking the supplements we do.

Call your coach. Explain what is happening. Ask, if they think not having the potassium can contribute.

Use your best judgment about taking care of your health. Only you can tell what you are able to tolerate right now.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #10  
in need of help!

Thanks Carla!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #11  

You're welcome. I really hope you feel better soon!