Old 01-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #16  
Just starting IP- 1/6/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
What happened when you added it? How did it not mix well? I'm just curious because my coach just ordered it and I was going to get some on Friday to try in my coffee.
No- it did not mix well at all! It wasn't powder- I'm talking about the drink that comes in a carton- looks like a juice box. It sat at the bottom of the coffee like mush.

Thanks for all suggestions. So far I am sticking with the skim, hoping I'll get used to it.
Go4parr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:59 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4parr View Post
No- it did not mix well at all! It wasn't powder- I'm talking about the drink that comes in a carton- looks like a juice box. It sat at the bottom of the coffee like mush.

Thanks for all suggestions. So far I am sticking with the skim, hoping I'll get used to it.
That's weird that yours did that. that's what i use every morning and mine mixes perfectly. WEIRD
amber2beme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4parr View Post
Ok, so I just finished day 4. And all is well. Oddly, the things I really miss are not cake & chocolate- instead i crave pretzels, popcorn, and half-n-half in my coffee! But i will gladly do w/o because, on the bright side, I am not beating myself up every night thinking about how I failed myself all day with ridiculous eating!

Anyway.... To the point. Has anyone found a great alternative to skim milk in coffee? Skim milk is not working for me. I'll suffer through if i must but thought maybe there is an alternative out there that I have yet to hear of?!?!? I tried a small amount of the IP vanilla drink but it did not mix well.

Suggestions?
forget the skim milk!!! i'm with the half n halfers. no carbs. big deal about the fat and it hasn't affected my weight loss. i'm 4 oz from my goal. I measure 1T per cup and I usually have 2 cups in the morning. Gives me 40 cals. 30 from fat (still in ketosis)and zero carbs, which is what we focus on in the plan. thumbs up from my coach as well. all that skim stuff has the most carbs in it. It's tricky stuff with the lowfat stuff.
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote