Old 08-09-2014, 07:33 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyBird View Post
I confess I have had lots of fudging on my diets since I began I weighed 299 Dec 2012 when I stared in Feb. 2013 with NUTRISYSTEM for Diabetics. Lost 25 lbs. by end of May 2013 but not many inches.
Began IDP diet Sept 3 2013, I have lost another 44 lbs and over 36 inches body size. My A1c is 5,5 and I am off of 7 yrs of full oxygen and feel much better. However, even though I am finally recouping from radiation damage to my body due to cancer treatments, I should be at least 50lbs. more weight lost.
Now I am going to use alternative products and try to get my cheating in control, UGH crunch is my biggest down fall; corn chips and popcorn. Cheating is expensive and not fair to our bodies.
I pray I can get a grip, any ideas?
You might need to really think about this one, but... There certainly are IP compliant crunch snacks. The question is... Can you be satisfied having one as a restricted (alternative ones are rstricted tho IP has some unrestricted chips) OR will having them be a trigger food causing you to want more and triggering cravings???

Also plan to enjoy lots of crunchy veggies during the day. Now with the new sheets, celery and cukes are unlimited!
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #197  
kimmiesourney

Height: 5'4

Actions have consequences! So cheating on this diet will have consequences. I just hate to see people beat themselves up over a slip. I just keep trying my best and try not to concentrate on the boo boos!
kimmiesourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:10 PM   #198  
Jenlajen

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'5

Default Thank you sooooo much!

I am so glad I read this tonight! I didn't bring enough food with me today to work-a salad, 2 protein shakes and lots of water. I knew when I got home I would make my third shake until I could get dinner done. During the few minutes of getting in the house I was very close to gobbling American cheese-Thank god I didn't!!!!!I knew it would be the beginning of the end. Now to find you all here talking about cheating and the regret when you do and the need to get right back. Perfect timing! I thank you all and wish everyone the best. I'm doing this without a coach and I can see that I need to be on here more often. I just completed my 1st week -down 5 lbs. A little disappointed after reading about people losing 10+ but I'm good!
JENLAJEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #199  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENLAJEN View Post
I am so glad I read this tonight! I didn't bring enough food with me today to work-a salad, 2 protein shakes and lots of water. I knew when I got home I would make my third shake until I could get dinner done. During the few minutes of getting in the house I was very close to gobbling American cheese-Thank god I didn't!!!!!I knew it would be the beginning of the end. Now to find you all here talking about cheating and the regret when you do and the need to get right back. Perfect timing! I thank you all and wish everyone the best. I'm doing this without a coach and I can see that I need to be on here more often. I just completed my 1st week -down 5 lbs. A little disappointed after reading about people losing 10+ but I'm good!
What about your lunch veggies. Are you doing 4 packets? You could based on your weight and the first week a lot of people have an extra on top of that.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:35 AM   #200  

Default Vodka Reunion

I am currently attending my 35th college reunion. I am doing Phase 3 even though I am supposed to be doing maintenance. I should say I'm sort of doing phase 3. I want to drink a little. What do you think will result from 3 or 4 ounces of vodka with lemon wedges for 2 nights? I don't have a scale but it seems as thought trying to eat phase 1 with the alcohol might not be such a good idea. I will weigh when I get home Sunday night. if I'm up, I do phase 1 for 2 days and see what that does. Anybody else experiment with clear spirits?
Nan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:07 AM   #201  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan57 View Post
I am currently attending my 35th college reunion. I am doing Phase 3 even though I am supposed to be doing maintenance. I should say I'm sort of doing phase 3. I want to drink a little. What do you think will result from 3 or 4 ounces of vodka with lemon wedges for 2 nights? I don't have a scale but it seems as thought trying to eat phase 1 with the alcohol might not be such a good idea. I will weigh when I get home Sunday night. if I'm up, I do phase 1 for 2 days and see what that does. Anybody else experiment with clear spirits?

Here's the thing with alcohol.

If you are in weight loss phase, whenever you drink alcohol of ANY kind (even the clear, carb-free liquors), your body will instantly STOP metabolizing fat/food and metabolize the alcohol instead. In P1, drinking steals away precious fat-burning time and really isn't worth it.

Being in P3/Maintenance, I wouldn't worry about it much - make the reunion your "fun" day, and just follow it with a P1 day. Unless you're still in weight loss phase, you shouldn't need to worry about it for one event.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:18 PM   #202  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiesourney View Post
Actions have consequences! So cheating on this diet will have consequences. I just hate to see people beat themselves up over a slip. I just keep trying my best and try not to concentrate on the boo boos!
I think this is the right approach. We didn't get to our starting weights by having one bad day, there were plenty where we actually ate correctly along the way .. so why should losing it be any different? It's a learning process, and beating ourselves up won't stop us from making mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENLAJEN View Post
I just completed my 1st week -down 5 lbs. A little disappointed after reading about people losing 10+ but I'm good!
The first week of the diet is mainly to prepare your body for starting ketosis. You shed excess water, the glycogen stored in your muscles and not much fat. Maybe you have less sodium in your system or you're more active than other people who begin the IP protocol or your hormones are high this week.

Congrats on your first 5 down!

Last edited by Briael; 10-11-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:37 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 364/

Height: 5'9

Default Awesome post

thanks for sharing this becuase i really needed to read it today
danjsj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 02:58 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 281/277/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyBird View Post
I confess I have had lots of fudging on my diets since I began I weighed 299 Dec 2012 when I stared in Feb. 2013 with NUTRISYSTEM for Diabetics. Lost 25 lbs. by end of May 2013 but not many inches.
Began IDP diet Sept 3 2013, I have lost another 44 lbs and over 36 inches body size. My A1c is 5,5 and I am off of 7 yrs of full oxygen and feel much better. However, even though I am finally recouping from radiation damage to my body due to cancer treatments, I should be at least 50lbs. more weight lost.
Now I am going to use alternative products and try to get my cheating in control, UGH crunch is my biggest down fall; corn chips and popcorn. Cheating is expensive and not fair to our bodies.
I pray I can get a grip, any ideas?
Make Veggie chips! get the crush and your veggies
Katiemcbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #205  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Cheating won't help on this diet. My advice is if you are hungry go brush your teeth or use mouth wash to get the hungry feeling go way.
rsach312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:52 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 160/139/120

Height: 5'2

Unhappy Confession time

I started on the IP journey in Feb 16th and so far I have lost 20 Lb.
It was going smooth until i cheated with Peanut butter 2 weeks ago .Its a downward slope from there, I cant get my self to stop eating atleast 1 tsp of peanut butter everyday. reading this post makes me feel better that I am not alone in the hole. I dont know how long it will take my body to get back on track coz I am stuck at -20lb for a week now .
sush82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:55 PM   #207  

Everything everyone has written has been so incredible.
For me I have just had to learn what works for me and my body and my habits and compulsions and patterns.
For me, alcohol is a sugar and just doesn’t work very well, either on IP or on Maintenance. My doctor told me when I went on a trip during IP Phase 1 that based on how the pancreas/liver and organs metabolize alcohol, that if I was going to choose on the trip between a glass of wine and a piece of cake on Phase 1, I would be actually better off with the cake. I chose not to do either, and had a great trip anyway.

I think I just don’t metabolize those things well, and they don’t give me enough pleasure to bother with them. It also starts a mental negativity loop that I don’t want to bother with, especially when I’m trying to have a nice evening.

But for some, it’s not the same reaction, and the pleasure of the wine or other things is something they really value in their life and can work for them and their individual bodies. I think we each figure that out for ourselves, observe, experiment, and just be honest with ourselves. And allow the mistakes as a learning curve.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 04-08-2015 at 04:56 PM.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:46 AM   #208  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

I thought my recent experience might be helpful to others, so I wanted to share it!

In Spring 2013, I went on IP for the first time. I quit after 6 weeks.

In Spring 2015, I decided to give IP another shot. I just completed 6 weeks and I'm still going strong.

The first time around, I cheated. I recently read my food log from 2013 and it makes me cringe. I wrote in the margins how I NEEDED a cheat and I couldn't POSSIBLY maintain this diet unless I did. I knowingly slipped up while ordering at restaurants, I had a little bit of potato salad at a party here and there, I had a morsel of cheese every other day... but they were such small cheats, they couldn't have hurt me, right?

I now know how wrong I was.

In 2013, I lost 18 pounds in 6 weeks.
In 2015, I lost 22.6 pounds in 6 weeks.
I've lost 25% more weight without cheating than I did with cheating.

Granted, I'm slightly more overweight now than I was then, but my lifestyle and workout routine hasn't changed in two years. The only thing that has changed is my mindset. I'm READY this time, and I'm strong enough to say that I DON'T need those little cheats. If anything, they hindered my weight loss and contributed to my eventual failure.

So this time, I take a hard stance against cheating. Now seeing and understanding the effects, tt's just not worth it.

Last edited by ImASharkIPromise; 04-14-2015 at 11:47 AM.
ImASharkIPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 02:44 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 213/204.9/170

Height: 6'

Thanks. I wish I had read this earlier today. No more cheating!!! I still have my cravings and gave into them tonight. I need to be stronger and find a different way to deal with them. Some days are just harder then others.
Jabber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:29 PM   #210  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabber1 View Post
Thanks. I wish I had read this earlier today. No more cheating!!! I still have my cravings and gave into them tonight. I need to be stronger and find a different way to deal with them. Some days are just harder then others.
So you're a snacker, right? How about planning for it instead of trying to bend IP to fit your lifestyle?

Instead of putting that Snack packet in, how about using a bar (your restricted) as your cravings food. Cut it into half inch chunks and put it in a ziplock baggie. As you get a craving take one and a glass of water. You cannot have a second piece until you finish the glass of water. This will slow down the need to have another one immediately and may help with making you feel fuller so you are less likely to graze.

As you find yourself becoming accustomed to longer gaps between the "treat" size snack, make the treat size larger and have fewer of them, until you can eat the whole bar or half bar happily once you are established in ketosis.

This is a program that you have to make work for your particular eating habits. One size doesn't fit all, but that doesn't mean you can't be smart about how you do it.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote