S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Has anyone seen Carla around?
Old 01-05-2011, 07:11 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 192/185/145

Height: 5'8

Default Nice to meet you

Hello, my name is Allison.
I have been on IP for 6 days(todayi is 6), i am doing 3 weeks without the restricted, i have a couple bars in case i am dying, which i have eaten 1 1/2 of already! I am having a hard day, everywhere i go all i see is cookies and chocolate! I actually ate a whole bar today and it did not seem to help! I am home ccoking for my family now, eating cucumber and feeling a little better.
Thanks for the ear ( eyes)!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 264.5/183/165

Height: 5ft3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea2011 View Post
Well, today is day three and I am still on track! Yesterday I had a few cravings... cheese was the big one!!! Then last night my boyfriend had peanut butter on toast and it smelled SOOOOO good!!! What made it worse was I was at the same time, I was trying to choke down the chocolate pudding and all I wanted to do was throw it away and make myself some toast! I had high hopes for the chocolate pudding and I really did not like it! This morning I had the cereal and it was good. I liked the "milk" part. I read somewhere on here to use water from the fridge so it is very very cold and I think it helped.
It is way better with cold water, and tastes really good with cinnamon in it
Old 01-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 264.5/183/165

Height: 5ft3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheck View Post
Hello, my name is Allison.
I have been on IP for 6 days(todayi is 6), i am doing 3 weeks without the restricted, i have a couple bars in case i am dying, which i have eaten 1 1/2 of already! I am having a hard day, everywhere i go all i see is cookies and chocolate! I actually ate a whole bar today and it did not seem to help! I am home ccoking for my family now, eating cucumber and feeling a little better.
Thanks for the ear ( eyes)!
Try increasing your water, it will help with the hunger. Or sip a decaf hot tea, that helps too. It gets better and the cravings go away!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 201/134/135

Height: 5'5"

Default On to Phase 2!

I'm very excited today - I lost 2.4 pounds this week and am only one pound off my goal, so I'm finally transitioning to Phase 2! It's been six months since I started, and I'm so glad I did this program.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Reading these posts is motivating me, I am on my first day and I am feeling the need to eat something!!! I know this will pass, I think I'll have some herbal tea and watch the Canada junior hockey game..Go CANADA!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letterer View Post
I'm very excited today - I lost 2.4 pounds this week and am only one pound off my goal, so I'm finally transitioning to Phase 2! It's been six months since I started, and I'm so glad I did this program.

That's wonderful news!! Congrats to you
Old 01-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #68  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Day 6 on IP and you are working with a trainer? Did your coach not tell you no exercise or very little!! Congrats on your lose so far...keep on going!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Hi Carolyn, I hope you take this the right way. IP is not an extreme diet. If you can't work with a trainer who does what you know is vital, I'd get a new one. Even better yet, give your body a rest. Stick to the plan. If you feel you must exercise, walk 10,000 steps a day. And I mean this in the kindest way possible.
I don't know if everyone knows this, but Carolyn is a special instance for this program. She's explained what she is doing (and where she is coming from) in the Exercise thread - it helps explain all the workout stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
It takes 1500 calories to make a pound of fat. Even if your body didn't need those calories just to keep your heart beating and your lungs working and all the cleansing work it's doing over night (but it does) we are talking about 1/10 of a pound. But the reality is your body will burn through the IP food and then (staying in ketosis) continue burning fat while you sleep. Since you are still taking in less calories than you are burning you cannot gain weight. Hope that make sense.
I believe that a pound of fat is actually made up of 3500 calories, not 1500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea2011 View Post
Well, today is day three and I am still on track! Yesterday I had a few cravings... cheese was the big one!!! Then last night my boyfriend had peanut butter on toast and it smelled SOOOOO good!!! What made it worse was I was at the same time, I was trying to choke down the chocolate pudding and all I wanted to do was throw it away and make myself some toast! I had high hopes for the chocolate pudding and I really did not like it! This morning I had the cereal and it was good. I liked the "milk" part. I read somewhere on here to use water from the fridge so it is very very cold and I think it helped.
I swear, I think that my sniffer is WAY stronger now than it was before (and it was good before). I was sitting 3 tables away from someone in the cafeteria today and had to leave because the smell of her reuben sandwich was making me nauseated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
Best move I have ever made was to have a breast reduction...and mine was fortunately covered by insurance. Clothes fit, you can move freely (run, jump rope, etc.)without hurting and the bra mark depressions on your shoulders actually even out!! Good luck and hopefully insurance will cover it all.
Mine should be covered by insurance - I couldn't afford to have it done otherwise! I'm looking forward to maybe being able to run (I never could before because I couldn't find a supportive enough bra). Now I just wait and hope the insurance company has mercy on me!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:25 PM   #69  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I don't know if everyone knows this, but Carolyn is a special instance for this program. She's explained what she is doing (and where she is coming from) in the Exercise thread - it helps explain all the workout stuff.

Hi, yes I did read Carolyn's post when she joined and it made me a little uneasy. No matter how good her condition is, a cleansing treatment, plus strenuous exercise, plus low calories all in one day has to be a shock to her system. I don't think that kind of shock can be righted by water and salt, although they may help. While I applaud her enthusiasm and dedication, I just wish she'd take it easier on herself until she's fully acclamated to the program. But if her coach says OK. . . .
Old 01-05-2011, 08:25 PM   #70  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Weighing veggies - I was just going by Dr Tran Tien Chanh's site and it says 7 oz of veggies with lunch and dinner.

Of course some veggies weigh heavier then others, but 7 oz weighed is 7 oz weighed. You will get more volume with say bean sprouts, to cauliflower. To me cup measure is liquid measure not weight measure.

I could be totally wrong.
I use the dry cup measuring cups like you would measure flour and sugar for baking. I only use liquid cups for liquids.... My coach said to measure in the cups before cooking. Helps a lot especialy with spinach! I steamed 4 cups of dry to get close to 2 cups cooked. I used a whole bag the first time. hehe
Old 01-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #71  
Pat R

NSV!! I started on 12/7 as a tight 22, almost 24 and this morning I decided to try on a pair of size 20's. They zipped up and buttoned at the waist easy as you please. No sucking the belly in and bulging button. WooHoo! I am so happy. I love IP!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #72  
Pat R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letterer View Post

Wow! One pound from goal! You go girl! I am so happy for you! I can only imagine....
Old 01-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #73  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

NSV for me today - I wore small scrub bottoms! Couldn't believe they actually fit - whatever will I wear when I'm at goal?!?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Hi, yes I did read Carolyn's post when she joined and it made me a little uneasy. No matter how good her condition is, a cleansing treatment, plus strenuous exercise, plus low calories all in one day has to be a shock to her system. I don't think that kind of shock can be righted by water and salt, although they may help. While I applaud her enthusiasm and dedication, I just wish she'd take it easier on herself until she's fully acclamated to the program. But if her coach says OK. . . .
I said that more as info for the newbies on the thread. I don't disagree with your thoughts!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
Today is day 2 for me. I was seriously struggling with hunger yesterday but today is much better. I will admit that I almost threw up this morning about 30 min after taking my supplements...i even wait till lunch when i get more substance food to take the vitamin supplement so that was weird. i decided i better get something in my tummy right away and luckily i had a ready made choc drink so that really helped and was grub on top of it. i was surprised that i haven't been starving after just that. last night a made asparagus with sesame seed oil and some crushed garlic that comes in the bottle that's kept in the fridge. i wasn't sure if that would be ok, but there were no carbs and no sugars so i thought it should be fine. I have to say i have heard a lot of people say they have issues getting things moving thru the system and i usually am like a 2 times a week kinda girl but boy things are just in and out which is surprising with how little i'm actually eating. usually i really don't do vegetables at all so i wonder if that could be it. anyway that might have been tmi but it was a nice surprise. i noticed today too that my muscles feel well tired i guess is the best way to describe it. it's kind of a weird feeling especially cause i am not exercising in any way right now. oh i tried the choc pudding as an extra snack when i got home yesterday and ya no flavor and yucky ... added a packet of splenda and it was even worse. lame cause i have like 4 more of those packets...my coach gives out a variety pack for the first week so you can see what you like. no vanilla pudding, guess she was out, and i was really looking forward to trying that one! Good luck to everyone today! love being able to check in daily...really helps!
Today is day 3 for me. So far so good, not really hungry during the day which is good but at night I feel some hunger. You may want to try taking your multi-vit before bed, that seems to help me stomach it and haven't had any nausea taking it then. Anyway best wishes to you, I cant wait to get weighed in next week good luck!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
NSV for me today - I wore small scrub bottoms! Couldn't believe they actually fit - whatever will I wear when I'm at goal?!?!?!?
You're either going to have to get good with a sewing machine or make nice with a seamstress! Good problem to have, no?
Closed Thread