Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #91  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Happy New Year everyone!

It has been crazy between Christmas and New Year's and I didn't have a chance to post that I reached my GOAL of 80 pounds lost on Wednesday, December 29th!!!! I have lost a total of 65 inches in addition to the weight loss.

I started this program as a size 18/20 and am happy to report that I now wear a size medium (sometimes large) top and a 10/12 pant. Never dreamed I would be able to do this!!!

I am overjoyed and can't really put into words what this program has meant to me. I have never been able to lose any type of substantial weight by myself.

So very glad that a good friend of mine told me about the program. I owe her so much!

I am going to be starting Phase 3 soon and look forward to having an actual breakfast! My coach wanted me to stay on Phase 2 for one more week and then start on Phase 3 --- I didn't argue with her.

I have started working out with a personal trainer, twice a week, and I have finished my second week with her. I love it! I then work out on the other days on my treadmill (walking only) for 20 minutes and then do some work with the weights. My goal now is to tone up!

I feel that 2011 is my year to shine and I am going to do just that ... SHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanted to share my story with all of you and thanks for all your help through it!!!

Lorrie

I'm so happy for you Lorrie! It's great that you made your goal before the end of 2010. You definitely are going to shine in 2011!

again,
Old 01-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #92  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Happy New Year everyone!

It has been crazy between Christmas and New Year's and I didn't have a chance to post that I reached my GOAL of 80 pounds lost on Wednesday, December 29th!!!! I have lost a total of 65 inches in addition to the weight loss.

I started this program as a size 18/20 and am happy to report that I now wear a size medium (sometimes large) top and a 10/12 pant. Never dreamed I would be able to do this!!!

I am overjoyed and can't really put into words what this program has meant to me. I have never been able to lose any type of substantial weight by myself.

So very glad that a good friend of mine told me about the program. I owe her so much!

I am going to be starting Phase 3 soon and look forward to having an actual breakfast! My coach wanted me to stay on Phase 2 for one more week and then start on Phase 3 --- I didn't argue with her.

I have started working out with a personal trainer, twice a week, and I have finished my second week with her. I love it! I then work out on the other days on my treadmill (walking only) for 20 minutes and then do some work with the weights. My goal now is to tone up!

I feel that 2011 is my year to shine and I am going to do just that ... SHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanted to share my story with all of you and thanks for all your help through it!!!

Lorrie
Lorrie! That's fantastic! Way to go!
Old 01-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Happy New Year everyone!

Lorrie
Woohoo Lorrie I am so happy for you! I can't wait to read you posts in the Life After Phase 1 thread. Congratulations and keep us posted.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 159.8/137.6/114

Height: 5'2"

Default Day 3

I have to say I am feeling great & without any urges to nosh on anything...which kind of worries me, b/c I thought I would be hungry. By the end of this week it will be my TOM so I will probably have cravings then.

I made some Kale chips today...pretty good!

Tomorrow is my son's 19th bday, so we are going out for dinner tonight. I already looked at the menu so I can make good choices & I plan on asking for double veggies steamed dry to have along with my fish. I am going to prepare my "dessert" (IP pudding) ahead of time so I can have it when we return from dinner.

I go for my first weigh in on Monday ...I am a teacher & also return back to work on Monday...that is going to be the biggest challenge. I need to get in the habit of preparing all my veggies & salad to take to work & to not let all the temptations around the workroom get to me!!

This first week back at work is going to show me what I am made of!
Old 01-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #95  
Re-Started IP 1/17/12

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'1.5"

Made it through New Year's Day without cheating! Whew! Well, I did eat 2 blackeye peas but I couldn't break that tradition, and if those 2 measly peas affect my weight loss, oh well. Other than that, it was vinegar and black pepper coleslaw, ham, and lots of water.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:55 PM   #96  
Restarted March 1, 2013

S/C/G: 191/155/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
I'm going to offer a contrary opinion about the ketosis and ketostix.

If you follow the program, you don't need to worry about whether you are or aren't in ketosis. I've lost 60 lbs and I never used a ketostick; I wouldn't know one if you mixed it in to my 2 cups of veggies! (Though I might figure it out. )

Measuring urine-borne ketones daily or more frequently can become a distraction. We can choose to think about how to make the next round of veggies more appealing, or hug your kid/partner/pet or get a little gentle activity. OR, we can look at the colour of a piece of paper, obsess about what it means, and then come to the board and ask whether it's a problem. (Sounds a little like reading tea leaves to me. ) In my opinion, it's a huge waste of YOUR -- yes you --- attention, brainpower, and commitment.

In fact, if you're going to be on IP for a while, you will probably become ketoadapted, which means that your body is producing the right amount of ketones to fuel your brain and other vital needs and you won't be spilling extra in your urine.

I love to tweak and measure and develop tracking systems like you would not believe. I went looking for ketostix and was fortunate not to find them on the shelf. After that, I decided to look at them an advanced problem solving tool to be used only if I stopped losing fat while following the IP protocol. Fortunately, the only "problems" I had on IP were what I put in my mouth. That, my friends was simply though not always easily fixed.

Give yourself and your body a break! Unless your medical advisors have you on some program requiring some vigilance (and maybe even then), you don't need to treat your body as an undisciplined employee who needs to be monitored and whipped into shape with daily weigh ins, long counterproductive cardio sessions, and frequent urine tests. If you had a boss who treated you that way, you'd quit!

If you keep your protein consumption at sufficient levels and your starchy carbs low (and aren't taking medications that prevent weight loss), you will burn the excess fat you're carrying. I invite you to give yourself the freedom of one less thing to worry about.
Thank you Great advice and well said.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbethin2011 View Post

You can do this! And it gets easier everyday!

It does not need to be dark purple. Any change in color means you are burning fat!

I was told I could have 4 packs a day if I was hungry. It will not keep you out of ketosis and when I do have 4 packs in a day it has never slowed my weight loss. If you feel like you need it then go for it!
Hi there,

Your weight loss has been outstanding from week 1...are there any secrets to your success? If so, please share them!!!

Hollmark
Old 01-01-2011, 07:20 PM   #98  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations Lorrie! Your success is inspirational, but I am also just happy for you!

As far as the ketosis is concerned, good advice. I worry and stress too much anyway. It is nice to know the program will work, but us newbies sometimes need to see some sort of confirmation that we're doing it right! We've all been there, I know. Hopefully I'm strong enough to not obsess!

On an awesome note, my twins took their first steps today! Guess I'll be moving more along with eating less!
Old 01-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #99  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post

On an awesome note, my twins took their first steps today! Guess I'll be moving more along with eating less!
Oh, boy! My son walked the day he turned 9 months. No sense of social responsibility or fear. The thought of him X 2. . . . My heart felt respect and admiration for what I know will be a very active, even bifurcated, next few months.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #100  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Just checking in to wish everyone a Happy and Healthy 2011!! We know that is totally possible now with IP.

I am proud to say that I have stayed on protocol 100% since I started on 12/7. That feels so good to me. There have been "moments" but I made the decision to stick with this and be a success. I am getting results and there is no way I am going to self-sabotage my success like I have in the past.

Welcome to all of the "newbies", I still consider myself one too!

I love this forum and all of the encouragement and inspiration I get here daily. Thank you everyone!!
Old 01-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #101  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post
Hi there,

Your weight loss has been outstanding from week 1...are there any secrets to your success? If so, please share them!!!

Hollmark
Thank you! No secrets here...just follow the protocol and DO NOT CHEAT! I have always been a great loser and this time I WILL keep the weight off!
Old 01-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
Congratulations! I'm right there with you, just finishing up day 3.

I've been off this week, and really glad I got started while I was off. I was able to get groceries, organized, and read a ton of information on Ideal Protein that everyone has provided.

Question, I noticed on Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's site he uses 2 tablespoons of oil a day in Phase I and Ideal Protein uses 2 teaspoons, why? He also lists green beans as an unrestricted vegetable.

http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?article249
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?article255
Coaches differ. Mine says 2 TBSP for the oil and I use grapeseed oil.
Although IP references Dr. Tien it is not the same as Dr. Tien's. It is "based" on his diet not exactly the same.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:16 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdietever View Post
My coach is closed for two weeks over the holidays and today is the start of the 2nd week. Without the motivation of having to WI, I am sure craving extra protein. Does anyone else crave extra protein; will extra meat affect my results? Suggestions? Almost ate a handful of peanuts too but threw them in the garbage instead of my mouth.
More cooked protein can affect things. I suggest an extra non-restricted packet. I too crave protein I always have.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #104  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

The chai tea and vanilla pudding is so good I used all my vanilla pudding and my centre doesn't open up for another 2 days. So I tried it with butterscotch pudding, omg, I dare say it might even be better.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #105  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default 2 New Years' tips

1. If you walk a puppy to get exercise ignore, and I repeat ignore, your trainer's instruction to have him heel (saunter, jaunt, lunge, race, leap) on the left side -- unless you want your left arm to be 2 inches longer at the end of Phase 4.

2. If you are constantly having to buy smaller size clothes, please only buy cashmere sweaters and silk blouses. This hint is complements of my cleaning lady. I can guarantee that if you wash them in the machine and dry them in the dryer, they will be at least one to three sizes smaller and you'll grow into them in no time.
Closed Thread