Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #61  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Well, I survived a weekend at home with my family with just a couple bites of my uncle's amazing stuffing at dinner last night. And I tried Jules26's cheesecake recipe - not bad, but I definitely couldn't eat all 2 oz. of it! It was pretty good with a nice thin layer of the WF strawberry spread over it...

We were doing family pictures last night and I was a little bummed when I saw how they turned out - I still think I look fat. Oh well, I'll be hot for family pictures next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyiris View Post
LOL! Hi, there...didn't know I was bugging you but thanks for the pics.. They are inspirational.
I didn't mean bugging in a negative way - you had just left a comment on my progress photos post that I should post new pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
On a better note, I received several gift cards with notes saying that they were for new clothes for the smaller me! YAY for shopping!!
This is the first time that I am LOOKING FORWARD to returning all the clothes I got for Christmas because they are the wrong size! However, I'm thinking that I'm just going to keep the store credit I get in return and save it for when I'm thinner - I've got enough clothes to last me right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie Dad View Post
PS: Has anyone else been put on the prayer chain at church because of their mysterious weight loss?
Welcome! This bit had me laughing out loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate89 View Post
UGG!! Everyone I need that swift kick... a few days before christmas I had decided I was without a doubt going to enjoy myself and just pick healthier options but not go outta my way to make myself different dinners than everyone else while visiting my mom for 3 days...well it went awfully I ate much smaller portions than I ever have before but of bad things for 3 days! I'm home now sitting stuck in the house from snow and feeling AWFUL!! the head ache is back my stomach is upset! and the big "C" not an issue today! (haha) never again back at this tomorrow gotta get this weight back off immedietly! 17 pounds gone was a huge deal!! I had also decided i would without a doubt find another type of protien shake and start doing this on my own I don't care for my coach andmy wallet is hurting way to much after 5 weeks of this. So tomorrow is a new day and Im going to start it right as for today ill be guzzling water for the rest of it! Thank you all for being so encouraging even when I slip up! first one since I started by the way!
You DID NOT gain 17 pounds back in 3 days. But you might feel like it, especially when you WI this week. At least you know now how you feel when you go off program! Get back on the horse - today is a new day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
Oh I don't even want to think about yesterday. It started with a clodhopper, and didn't stop. But today I am sitting with my water and ip drink back on track but feeling rather nauseated. Have a good day everyone.
Wow, sounds like a lot of people had a rough Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
Well, it sounds like you have delivered your own swift kick, but a reminder for everyone else:
the point of staying on protocol is NOT just "how fast will you lose" and it is NOT just how much it costs to cheat. It is also because you need to rest your pancreas if you want this to work in the long run. The whole point is to give your body a rest from producing insulin for as long a period as possible. Then, when you go to phase 3 and 4, your pancreas is able to react "normally" with the normal amount of insulin. So you don't gain all the fat back again! So, cheating hurts not only your short term losses, it threatens your long term success. It's just not worth it!
Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I also promised to give a friend, who's doing a modified version of this program, my old scale because I bought a new Omron as a Christmas present to myself. Just for the heck of it I decided to weight myself on both this morning before he came to get it. Think every blue expletive in the book, then add some when you envision the lady on the Omron that read 6 pounds more than the Taylor. I'm surprised I can talk and eat with the same mouth.

Order restored (and two animals calmed down and petted) I remembered that the Taylor and my doctor's scales read the same.

So. What do I do when I go back to Phase 1 tomorrow and start the Valentine's Day challenge? This is hard. I've decided to go with the Omron, because it will be consistent. But I'm not liking it. See you all tomorrow, with renewed vigor (and gritting teeth.)
That would be so irritatiing! But you of all people know it's not about what the scale says, it's about the measurements and how the clothes fit. But you could still just use whatever weight you go off of when you WI...
Old 12-26-2010, 07:27 PM   #62  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
That would be so irritatiing! But you of all people know it's not about what the scale says, it's about the measurements and how the clothes fit. But you could still just use whatever weight you go off of when you WI...
You're right of course. On both counts. I guess that's why, in the long run, I decided to go with the new scale. And I've decided that grinding away you're teeth is not an efficient way to lose weight (or re-shape).
Old 12-26-2010, 07:32 PM   #63  

Quote:
You're right of course. On both counts. I guess that's why, in the long run, I decided to go with the new scale. And I've decided that grinding away you're teeth is not an efficient way to lose weight (or re-shape).
Hehehehehe - besides, at least this takes away that worry that you'll get on SOMEONE ELSE'S scale and you'll be heavier than you are! Consider this a 6 lb. buffer.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #64  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Hi all! I have been lurking in the forum for months now and I can't fight off the urge to tell my story any longer I am 35 years old, a physician, and the father of two young girls (and a newfoundland (and a cairn terrier). I started IP on 8/9/10 with a starting weight of 242. At the time, I made up the ridiculous goal of 165 lbs. knowing that I hadn't weighed 165 since I was in grade school. I recall weighing in for wrestling at 220 lbs when I was 12 years-old!!

Anywho, I started IP with optimism and resolve (same as the new diets that I had started every Monday morning for the last 27 years). However, after few days of sticking to protocol, enduring some nausea, and forever being turned off of IP chicken soup the program just came naturally. For better or worse, I had a few bites of cheesecake last night with Christmas dinner. That was the first "cheat" I had on the whole program.

I can fully explain the changes that this weight loss has caused. I view food completely differently and the obvious physical changes are pretty cool too. I used to reply to wife when she would suggest that I buy some new clothes or formal up my decidedly casual wardrobe, "There's no point in painting and outhouse." I didn't/don't have self-esteem problems, I think I was just being practical about my appearance.

People ask me "why" I decided to lose nearly 80 lbs (which I understand is run-of-the-mill in this forum, but rare in the general public). My standard response is that I applied for life insurance and the rates were too high at my weight. But, that is a convenient story, the truth is that I've been trying to lose weight for 25 years and I finally found a program that changed my view of food and "changed my brain" in such a way that success is possible.

I guess this is my thank you to all of you who contribute to this forum who have inspired and instructed me along the way.

B.K.

PS: Has anyone else been put on the prayer chain at church because of their mysterious weight loss?

Congratulations on all your success!! And thank you for joining our group! Your experience is wonderful!

As for the prayer chain, no one has added me that I am aware of! That is absolutlely hilarious that you have been added. Who knew becoming healthy would worry so many people!

Quote:
Having been in limbo for 5 weeks per coach's advice, I went through Phases 2 and 3 [didn't gain any weight] and had my first phase 4 day yesterday. I had promised myself that I'd have one small avocado and a papaya before I left this island. Actually, I passed on the papaya -- for obvious reasons -- and had 69 grams of the freshest, best-tasting avocado yesterday in place of the EVOO. Delicious.

I also promised to give a friend, who's doing a modified version of this program, my old scale because I bought a new Omron as a Christmas present to myself. Just for the heck of it I decided to weight myself on both this morning before he came to get it. Think every blue expletive in the book, then add some when you envision the lady on the Omron that read 6 pounds more than the Taylor. I'm surprised I can talk and eat with the same mouth.

Order restored (and two animals calmed down and petted) I remembered that the Taylor and my doctor's scales read the same.

So. What do I do when I go back to Phase 1 tomorrow and start the Valentine's Day challenge? This is hard. I've decided to go with the Omron, because it will be consistent. But I'm not liking it. See you all tomorrow, with renewed vigor (and gritting teeth.)
Sorry! That has happened to every person on here that has swapped scales. I remember Jordanna was quite upset when she switched.

I think you are right to just chaulk it up to mechanical differences and move on. There may always be a variation in any scale you step on that is not yours.

Merry Christmas to you!
Old 12-26-2010, 08:28 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 218.7/218.7/150

Height: 5'6

Default Fell completely off Program, why does Christmas have to be so much about food.

Just wanted to share how I feel after a five day lay off of my Ideal Protein Program.... Anyone who is thinking about taking a break just for a day and getting back with it, don't! for me it was a continous week of eating, and tonight I feel horrible, i've got that very full tummy feeling, feeling sick and guilty all at once. I know i've gained about 6 lbs this week and hating the feeling of having to go through the hunger and headaches again to get back on track. After 34 lbs in 10 weeks I thought the head games were gone with myself but I guess this is a reminder that they are still there. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and had a great IP success over it.

Thanks for letting me vent
DGirl
Old 12-26-2010, 08:53 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgirl View Post
Just wanted to share how I feel after a five day lay off of my Ideal Protein Program.... Anyone who is thinking about taking a break just for a day and getting back with it, don't! for me it was a continous week of eating, and tonight I feel horrible, i've got that very full tummy feeling, feeling sick and guilty all at once. I know i've gained about 6 lbs this week and hating the feeling of having to go through the hunger and headaches again to get back on track. After 34 lbs in 10 weeks I thought the head games were gone with myself but I guess this is a reminder that they are still there. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and had a great IP success over it.

Thanks for letting me vent
DGirl
Frustrating, isn't it? But can I ask you how you were planning for Christmas to be? Were you out of town? Did you bring food with you, or just try to wing it? Part of this program is learning how to deal with holidays and wrapping our heads around what the real meaning of the holidays is! Is your family supportive of you?

All we can do somedays is get up, dust ourselves off and get back on that horse! Good luck this week - and I haven't seen your name before on the boards... Don't be a stranger! This place is a great support as we are all facing the same issues.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 218.7/218.7/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Frustrating, isn't it? But can I ask you how you were planning for Christmas to be? Were you out of town? Did you bring food with you, or just try to wing it? Part of this program is learning how to deal with holidays and wrapping our heads around what the real meaning of the holidays is! Is your family supportive of you?

All we can do somedays is get up, dust ourselves off and get back on that horse! Good luck this week - and I haven't seen your name before on the boards... Don't be a stranger! This place is a great support as we are all facing the same issues.
I was out of town for the start of it, to my parents home then back here on Friday. It started out great, had my food with me and did ok. After a day or so of looking at all my old time favorites I caved and talked myself into saying It was ok that I could handle one day of it and get back on track. However, lesson learned. I had planned on going off on Christmas day but long before that it happened. You are right tomorrow is a new day, I just decided on the next challange to help with the motivation to get going again.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:42 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hi all! I have been lurking in the forum for months now and I can't fight off the urge to tell my story any longer I am 35 years old, a physician, and the father of two young girls (and a newfoundland (and a cairn terrier). I started IP on 8/9/10 with a starting weight of 242. At the time, I made up the ridiculous goal of 165 lbs. knowing that I hadn't weighed 165 since I was in grade school. I recall weighing in for wrestling at 220 lbs when I was 12 years-old!!

Anywho, I started IP with optimism and resolve (same as the new diets that I had started every Monday morning for the last 27 years). However, after few days of sticking to protocol, enduring some nausea, and forever being turned off of IP chicken soup the program just came naturally. For better or worse, I had a few bites of cheesecake last night with Christmas dinner. That was the first "cheat" I had on the whole program.

I can fully explain the changes that this weight loss has caused. I view food completely differently and the obvious physical changes are pretty cool too. I used to reply to wife when she would suggest that I buy some new clothes or formal up my decidedly casual wardrobe, "There's no point in painting and outhouse." I didn't/don't have self-esteem problems, I think I was just being practical about my appearance.

People ask me "why" I decided to lose nearly 80 lbs (which I understand is run-of-the-mill in this forum, but rare in the general public). My standard response is that I applied for life insurance and the rates were too high at my weight. But, that is a convenient story, the truth is that I've been trying to lose weight for 25 years and I finally found a program that changed my view of food and "changed my brain" in such a way that success is possible.

I guess this is my thank you to all of you who contribute to this forum who have inspired and instructed me along the way.

B.K.

HAHAHAHAHAH about the prayer chain...thats funny...the other day someone said wow you are losing a lot of weight..thats incredible..unless your sick..ohh maybe I shouldn't ask that but your not sick are you..because you look great...
Excellent job for you...and I also really have found a program that has helped me in so many ways...and my body has made some incredible changes...I can't wait until my next 36 lbs...:w oops:
Old 12-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #69  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

I DID IT!! I DID IT!! I DID IT!!! I stayed on protocol all 3 of my challenging days!!!!
24th - Previous: deep fried fish, bean/cucumber/potatoe salads // This year: baked white fish (sea salt and pepper) and cucumber salad (EVOO, sea salt and Stevia instead)
25th - Previous: turkey (skin), leftover salads, mashed potatoes, tons of gravy, stuffing // This year: turkey and duck (no skin), mashed cauliflower and IP chicken soup for gravy.
Both days: IP maple oatmeal cookies and IP vanilla pudding for dessert (split it up in two)
26th - Previous: schnitzel - breaded and deep fried with potatoes and cucumber salad // This year: pork covered with IP southwest puffs, baked along with my "IP" version of cucumber salad.

It was tough. It was challenging, no doubt. I stared and craved and thought about it but I DID NOT GIVE IN!!! I think this has got to be the best Christmas gift I could ever give myself. Granted, my schedule (the times I eat/order or eating) was off but I did not cheat. No way. I got this far, I'm not going back.

Challenge #4:: 28th for my sisters birthday. We are going bowling and having cake back at home. But I am prepared. Honestly, Christmas was a way bigger challenge. Bowling food and cake is not as appealing to me as the foods I sacrificed on Christmas. And if I can avoid those.... Well I believe I will make it through.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgirl View Post
I was out of town for the start of it, to my parents home then back here on Friday. It started out great, had my food with me and did ok. After a day or so of looking at all my old time favorites I caved and talked myself into saying It was ok that I could handle one day of it and get back on track. However, lesson learned. I had planned on going off on Christmas day but long before that it happened. You are right tomorrow is a new day, I just decided on the next challange to help with the motivation to get going again.
Got it - sometimes we just set ourselves up to fail if we don't plan for it, so I wanted to see if you had! Good luck with the Valentine's day challenge!
Old 12-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #71  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
I DID IT!! I DID IT!! I DID IT!!! I stayed on protocol all 3 of my challenging days!!!!
24th - Previous: deep fried fish, bean/cucumber/potatoe salads // This year: baked white fish (sea salt and pepper) and cucumber salad (EVOO, sea salt and Stevia instead)
25th - Previous: turkey (skin), leftover salads, mashed potatoes, tons of gravy, stuffing // This year: turkey and duck (no skin), mashed cauliflower and IP chicken soup for gravy.
Both days: IP maple oatmeal cookies and IP vanilla pudding for dessert (split it up in two)
26th - Previous: schnitzel - breaded and deep fried with potatoes and cucumber salad // This year: pork covered with IP southwest puffs, baked along with my "IP" version of cucumber salad.

It was tough. It was challenging, no doubt. I stared and craved and thought about it but I DID NOT GIVE IN!!! I think this has got to be the best Christmas gift I could ever give myself. Granted, my schedule (the times I eat/order or eating) was off but I did not cheat. No way. I got this far, I'm not going back.

Challenge #4:: 28th for my sisters birthday. We are going bowling and having cake back at home. But I am prepared. Honestly, Christmas was a way bigger challenge. Bowling food and cake is not as appealing to me as the foods I sacrificed on Christmas. And if I can avoid those.... Well I believe I will make it through.
Well done! You must feel great about getting through those challenging days. Imagine how you will look come spring 2011! Kudos.
Closed Thread