Old 12-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #76  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
You are right about not doing a restricted today HOWEVER, I wouldn't change the meal.

She probably needed to have a 4th packet today or some added oil(olive or omega). She should just move on with the plan, treating the PB as an extra and something that won't pull her from ketosis.

If she cuts the meal, she could end up wanting more of something else later or getting the wrong balance of nutrition.
You're totally right. Very interesting explanation on the whole peanut butter craving thing - it explains why I crave it sometimes!
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:47 PM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate89 View Post
Thanks Carla! I had a great day I switched to 3 packets today and honestly I'm stuffed full! And i had eggs for dinner tonight so I thought I'd try to make the chocolate pancake! well that was a dud! anyone have any suggestions? i had to chunk it in the trash it was runny and just burned to the bottom of the pan
I've made them up as mini-muffins - those were pretty decent as far as texture goes and what not, but the taste just wasn't worth it enough for me to use restricted days on them! I'm glad you're feeling better today!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #78  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

thanks CARLA!!!

So i should stop snacking on raw green bell peppers???

i really want to do all i can do to see maximum results....

hope everyone has a great night!!
jules26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:57 PM   #79  

I'm crossposting this from the "Tips for Newbies" thread for our friend Wrenae - any tips for her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenae1968 View Post
Hello all, I've posted once before and can't figure out how to find replies or my posts. I am on week 2. Lost 10 lbs on wk one WI. Woo hoo. BUT I just started my new job and it's 12 hrs of running around in the hospital and so I didn't get to eat until 10 pm (breakfast was at 8 am). It messed up my sleep cycle, and then I felt awful and had a restricted bar instead of dinner. (so 4 IP proteins today.) My coach gave me restricted foods to have one a day of, but I didn't want to so I'd have a better weight loss. I also would like to know how to do this and exercise.

SO....question is HOW DO I GET BACK ON TRACK and feel that awesome energy I had before all this. I am SO SICK of all the veggies. I have fixed them all in every way imagineable. Any tips. I know this is so worth it. I KNOW this works, I won't cheat worse then that bar, and won't do it again. Obviously it didn't make me feel better as it didn't have the sugar spike I'm so used to with cheating with a candy bar. I have no intention of cheating that way.

Tips please? And how on earth to follow them? Thanks
Old 12-08-2010, 08:59 PM   #80  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Linden, I hope you get a good report from your test. I am sorry you won't be with your son for Christmas, hopefully it won't be long till you are together. I will be thinking of you during the holidays. I know what it is to not be with family at this time of the year. Judy

Salegod, Thanks for sharing your experience. There is a great lesson in your post. Once we stop doing what we have always done, we are able to see the situation from a different perpective. Sounds like you have not only lost a great deal of weight, but have learned several valuable lessons, one being, you don't have to eat something just because everyone else is. Hope you and your wife have a great holiday. Judy
petiteandcute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:04 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Salesgod--As usual when you have something to say, it is memorable....serious or in jest! Congratulations on advancing to Phase 2. I am somewhere around 12-15 lbs away as well so I hope to join you soon! Trying to figure out where I want my weight to end up.....
Traveling Stitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:12 PM   #82  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
GOOD JOB!!!! same here at work... donuts etc.... and I said 'oh! NO thank you"....and walked AWAY from them... before? 1 maybe TWO.... with a nice hot coffee....... each day, doing this...will lead to success
I have a fund raiser at work each year and sell "cookies by the dozen" that my department bakes and sells. Last Valentine's day I made 700 cutout, sugar cookie hearts. I did have help frosting them a day or two later. We are in the middle of all of it again. Tomorrow I will be making white choc dipped pretzle sticks with sprinkles. The cookies are next week, but we have made most of the cookie dough. I really don't think it will be a problem - or it hasn't yet - I just know, problem or not - I am not eating anything.
rosemary2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #83  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Default WI Today!

I lost 2 pounds at my WI today which brings the total to 70!!!!

Happy for this number considering that I have a throat infection; am on antibiotics and started TOM this morning!!!

L
JonathanandZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:26 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 211/194/145 9.5 inches lost!

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
Good morning all!!!

I had my 2nd WI last night and only lost 1 pound

That makes 10lb. total loss in 2 weeks.

I know thats still good, but i was hoping for at least a 3lb. loss.

Im bummed, but will not go off protocol. Now its turned into more motivation too keep doing what im doing and hang in there and make this happen for myself.

....I just hope next weeks WI is better....
10lbs in 2 weeks is fantastic!!! Congratulations.
Karmagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenae1968 View Post
Hello all, I've posted once before and can't figure out how to find replies or my posts. I am on week 2. Lost 10 lbs on wk one WI. Woo hoo. BUT I just started my new job and it's 12 hrs of running around in the hospital and so I didn't get to eat until 10 pm (breakfast was at 8 am). It messed up my sleep cycle, and then I felt awful and had a restricted bar instead of dinner. (so 4 IP proteins today.) My coach gave me restricted foods to have one a day of, but I didn't want to so I'd have a better weight loss. I also would like to know how to do this and exercise.

SO....question is HOW DO I GET BACK ON TRACK and feel that awesome energy I had before all this. I am SO SICK of all the veggies. I have fixed them all in every way imagineable. Any tips. I know this is so worth it. I KNOW this works, I won't cheat worse then that bar, and won't do it again. Obviously it didn't make me feel better as it didn't have the sugar spike I'm so used to with cheating with a candy bar. I have no intention of cheating that way.

Tips please? And how on earth to follow them? Thanks
Suggestions for getting responses and finding replies to your posts - post your questions in the daily thread. It tends to be one of the more visited threads each day - you can find the link to the daily thread by going to the main IP page and scrolling down past the top "Sticky" threads. Later if you come back to your post and want to find where there might be replies, click on your name above your avatar picture, it will drop down a box that says has various links including "Find More Posts by Wrenae1968". This will help you find your original posts and look to see if replies were posted after them.

Now, more to the energy thing... I suspect that the issues with your lack of energy are more related to the 12 hr shifts than this diet. I know that 12s are exhausting and hard on your system. Knowing Washington labor law, you should be getting at least 3 breaks and a lunch, right? Having a packet or your lean protein meal at each of these (especially if you're working day 12s) will help keep you going. You mentioned not wanting to eat restricted packets, but your body might be needing them (the extra carbs) because of all the calories you're burning while you're on your feet for 12 hours.

Now, the veggies - have you looked at the recipes stickies on here? There are hundreds of recipes for new ways of cooking veggies. My favorites have been the cauliflower fried rice and the garlic mashed cauliflower. Everything else I tend to steam.

You having the bar, even as a 4th packet, wasn't a cheat. Your body was saying you needed it. But your body definitely needs those veggies, salad & lean proteins too.

I can't advise you on the exercise because I don't have experience with that issue. I know that it is generally advised to not be exercising during the first 3-4 weeks of the program. You can find more information in the Exercise thread.

Where in Washington do you live?
Old 12-08-2010, 09:32 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 160/IP 155/146/118

Height: 5'2"

Quote from Salesgod
Quote:
My wife is a music teacher and last night was the teachers' association Christmas dinner. You would all enjoy the looks I got from people at my table. They brought out a spinach salad covered with raspberries and slivered almonds, and an interesting looking raspberry dressing. I asked if I could get one without the dressing (figuring I could push the berries and nuts to the side). The server said she'd see what she could do. She returned a few minutes later, plopped another dressing coated salad in front of me, and said she couldn't help me. So I picked at it, finding three spinach leaves that were free of any dressing. I left the rest. My wife was told that the main course would be chicken, and I figured that might actually be a safe bet. When it was delivered, it was cordon bleu. Breaded, stuffed with ham and cheese, and coated with sauce. Sides were rice and carrots with broccoli. 3 tiny florets of broccoli to be exact. I ate those and asked the plopper (couldn't really say she knew how to wait tables) if, since "I wasn't feeling well" if she had a box I could use to take the meal home with me. I didn't lie to her. I wasn't feeling well. A sit down dinner with three leaves of spinach and 3 tiny broccoli bites didn't leave me feeling well at all!

Of course, the people seated at our table had very curious looks for me. I had nearly 150 lbs. of weight loss backing me up, so the thought of actually breaking down and indulging like everyone else was doing lasted only a fraction of a second. I'm not inclined to cheat anyway, and certainly not tempted by the culinary disaster placed in front of me last night. There are some meals that would truly have tested my willpower, but this was not one of them. I sat there and watched everyone fill their guts with mediocre food and pondered where I am and from whence I've come. It was an interesting moment.

The crowning moment of the evening came when the association president concluded the evening with a few remarks that had me laughing. She said, and I quote, "We've been well fed this evening. If you're leaving hungry, there's definitely something wrong with you."

I guess she's right. There is something wrong with me. I used to be fat guy with high blood pressure and marginal blood work. Now I look kinda normal and I feel pretty d*mn good. I'm seriously screwed up! I guess what's really wrong with me is that 1) I was disappointed that there was nothing served that would work for me -- which shows how screwed up "normal" really is, and 2) I didn't really want to eat what they put in front of me because I didn't find it appealing. Perhaps it's because I'm so close to my goal that cheating at this point just seems absurd. Perhaps the food snob that was always hiding inside me has become refined through the IP process. Either way, the salad I made for myself when I got home was much better than anything they served earlier in the evening. I didn't need to taste their food to know that.

Some of today's thread has focused on the temptations that others bring into the office or into our home kitchens. These temptations aren't going away. But there are a lot of things that smell much better than they taste (french fries come to mind), and I often take a moment to savor the aroma of the holiday foods that seem to be multiplying here at work. Better to eat with my eyes and nose than with mouth and stomach.
Quote:
And yes, kids, it's 13 lbs. remaining. Jumping to Phase 2 this weekend. Lunch is about to get a lot more interesting...

Don't you think you should now change your moniker to Dietgod? Your determination and commitment are inspiring. It is truly amazing how IP can transform one's life, habits and perspective. Are you finally going to show pictures of you posing in your speedo once you hit goal?

Last edited by janedocmom; 12-08-2010 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Repeated quote
janedocmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #87  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate89 View Post
Thanks Carla! I had a great day I switched to 3 packets today and honestly I'm stuffed full! And i had eggs for dinner tonight so I thought I'd try to make the chocolate pancake! well that was a dud! anyone have any suggestions? i had to chunk it in the trash it was runny and just burned to the bottom of the pan
Hi MaryKate, I love making muffins with the chocolate pancakes by adding half the water with several shakes of cinnamon and allspice to the mix. Another option, is cooking them with half the water as muffins and then spreading WF Caramel dip on them. Mmmm. And, last but not least, check out my ding dong recipe for the chocolate pancake mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
And yes, kids, it's 13 lbs. remaining. Jumping to Phase 2 this weekend. Lunch is about to get a lot more interesting...

My wife is a music teacher and last night was the teachers' association Christmas dinner....

Some of today's thread has focused on the temptations that others bring into the office or into our home kitchens. These temptations aren't going away. But there are a lot of things that smell much better than they taste (french fries come to mind), and I often take a moment to savor the aroma of the holiday foods that seem to be multiplying here at work. Better to eat with my eyes and nose than with mouth and stomach.
Congrats on moving to Phase 2. You've come a long way, keep chugging (the water) for the prize

Great job on resisting the non-protocol food just to eat. You did awesome. I think this is where the female advantage comes in. I always keep a spare IP bar, packet of WF dressing, some sea salt, and stevia in my purse (in case of emergency), not as easy for you-men types

Thanks for the reminder on temptations too. We made the choice of following IP. We can make the choice to walk away from the foods that put us in a place to need IP the same way.
EatAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #88  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post

My wife is a music teacher and last night was the teachers' association Christmas dinner. You would all enjoy the looks I got from people at my table. They brought out a spinach salad covered with raspberries and slivered almonds, and an interesting looking raspberry dressing. I asked if I could get one without the dressing (figuring I could push the berries and nuts to the side). The server said she'd see what she could do. She returned a few minutes later, plopped another dressing coated salad in front of me, and said she couldn't help me. So I picked at it, finding three spinach leaves that were free of any dressing. I left the rest. My wife was told that the main course would be chicken, and I figured that might actually be a safe bet. When it was delivered, it was cordon bleu. Breaded, stuffed with ham and cheese, and coated with sauce. Sides were rice and carrots with broccoli. 3 tiny florets of broccoli to be exact. I ate those and asked the plopper (couldn't really say she knew how to wait tables) if, since "I wasn't feeling well" if she had a box I could use to take the meal home with me. I didn't lie to her. I wasn't feeling well. A sit down dinner with three leaves of spinach and 3 tiny broccoli bites didn't leave me feeling well at all!

Of course, the people seated at our table had very curious looks for me. I had nearly 150 lbs. of weight loss backing me up, so the thought of actually breaking down and indulging like everyone else was doing lasted only a fraction of a second. I'm not inclined to cheat anyway, and certainly not tempted by the culinary disaster placed in front of me last night. There are some meals that would truly have tested my willpower, but this was not one of them. I sat there and watched everyone fill their guts with mediocre food and pondered where I am and from whence I've come. It was an interesting moment.

The crowning moment of the evening came when the association president concluded the evening with a few remarks that had me laughing. She said, and I quote, "We've been well fed this evening. If you're leaving hungry, there's definitely something wrong with you."

I guess she's right. There is something wrong with me. I used to be fat guy with high blood pressure and marginal blood work. Now I look kinda normal and I feel pretty d*mn good. I'm seriously screwed up! I guess what's really wrong with me is that 1) I was disappointed that there was nothing served that would work for me -- which shows how screwed up "normal" really is, and 2) I didn't really want to eat what they put in front of me because I didn't find it appealing. Perhaps it's because I'm so close to my goal that cheating at this point just seems absurd. Perhaps the food snob that was always hiding inside me has become refined through the IP process. Either way, the salad I made for myself when I got home was much better than anything they served earlier in the evening. I didn't need to taste their food to know that.

Your posts are fantastic!! I always read them all the way through!! Congrats on almost reaching your goal!!

Sooooo......after much worrying about my weigh in today because of my oops this past Friday, I was down 2.6!!! Hooray!!! I didnt feel like I lost any weight this week, because I think guilt weighs more than fat.....lol.
Lesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:41 PM   #89  

Hi all, well I survived the cookie exchange today. I had 5 dozen different types of all homemade cookies/goodies. I took a few plates worth to the neighbors just to get some out of the house. Boy they smelt good. I hadn't seen a lot of the women since I started IP and 4 of them commented on my weight loss and what have I been doing? That was great, because I hadn't told any of them that I was loosing weight, they asked me first.
I was on my way out the door to drop daughter off to dance, and my mom called. She told me that she was in a car wreck.....in my car that we had let her borrow yesterday while her car was in the shop. She was going straight on the highway and a car turned into her. Air bags deployed and all. She was bruised up a bit, but if it had been a second later, she would have hit them, and they had a 3 year old and a 6 mo old in their car. Thank God everyone walked away and is ok. So it's 7:30 and it's WAY past dinner time for me, but with all the comotion I wasn't hungry after wards when everyone went to Jack in the Box.
I read through the posts and great job all! There is a ton of great advice and info on here, I'll have to go back and re-read. Have a good night all. My nerves are shot so I'm going to bed soon.
AmyonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:50 PM   #90  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
I miss PB soooo bad!!!
I am trying this recipe tonight and hope it will curve my craving....
Im hoping with the added caramel the WF Peanut butter wont be too bad!
Ill let u all know tomorrow!

Calorie Free Peanut Butter Balls:

Ingredients
4 tbsp Walden Farms Peanut Butter
4 tsp Splenda
2 tsbp Walden Farms Carmel
Directions
Mix peanut butter and carmel together. Section into small amounts and roll mixture in Splenda. Place on waxed paper and put in freezer. Let set for 10 to 15 minutes - eat when ready!
Makes 3 balls.
OOOOHHHHHH EEEEEMMMMM GGGGGEEEEEE!!!!! Those sound AWESOME!!!!!! Make sure you add those to the Recipe Sticky!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Well, it looks as though I won't be spending Christmas in Germany after all. Going tomorrow for an thyroid ultrasound etc. and to be on the safe side I've postponed leaving for a month. And no, I'm not drowning my sorrows in raisin rum ice cream. But I also can't say that the idea didn't flick through my mind for just a moment.
Hope all goes well Linden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Today is an awesome day....199.8....yipeeeeee! 46 pounds gone in just under three months!
WAHHOOOOO!!!!!! What a great achievement!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Hi all, well I survived the cookie exchange today. I had 5 dozen different types of all homemade cookies/goodies. I took a few plates worth to the neighbors just to get some out of the house. Boy they smelt good. I hadn't seen a lot of the women since I started IP and 4 of them commented on my weight loss and what have I been doing? That was great, because I hadn't told any of them that I was loosing weight, they asked me first.
I was on my way out the door to drop daughter off to dance, and my mom called. She told me that she was in a car wreck.....in my car that we had let her borrow yesterday while her car was in the shop. She was going straight on the highway and a car turned into her. Air bags deployed and all. She was bruised up a bit, but if it had been a second later, she would have hit them, and they had a 3 year old and a 6 mo old in their car. Thank God everyone walked away and is ok. So it's 7:30 and it's WAY past dinner time for me, but with all the comotion I wasn't hungry after wards when everyone went to Jack in the Box.
I read through the posts and great job all! There is a ton of great advice and info on here, I'll have to go back and re-read. Have a good night all. My nerves are shot so I'm going to bed soon.
What a scary thing!!! Hope your mom's bumps & bruises heal fast!!!
Lesley is offline   Reply With Quote