Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 02:40 AM   #46  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
Sooo... Im trying to come up with a low carb cheesecake recipe for xmas (my mom and i are both on IP). I really want to make us a treat for xmas but DO NOT want to stray from protocol more then a bit.
I buy the Lindora cheesecake by the case...
mix it with 1/3 c. water (the recipe calls for 1/4)
add 1 capful vanilla, hazelnut or almond extract (get the real stuff, it makes a difference!)

if you want to feel really special, you can make a thin "crust" with 1-2T crushed almond meal or hazelnut meal in the bottom of a custard dish. Mix up the cheesecake and pour in carefully. After firm (about 10 min in the fridge) top with WF apricot jam (warm the jam just a few seconds to make it a glaze) and a dusting of more ground nut. NUMMY
Old 12-05-2010, 03:29 AM   #47  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Thanks again Carla. I don't know what I'd do without you or this forum!!!

Last week I had maybe one or no restricted and a 2.5 loss WITH exercising. This week I've had 3 restricted so far. Im not sure what I'll do for the rest of the week. The first two weeks I had one/day. I guess I'll just wait and see how this week goes. It'll be TOM so that may skew my WI as well.

I can't believe Dec9th will be one month on the program. It went by so fast!! My biggest challenge I think won't even BE Christmas but school/clinical. My life drastically changes when I'm in school and working in the hospital. It's the reason why I've gained weight up to this point -- too busy/stressed to eat right or exercise. I just have to make my health a priority. And take it a day at a time.

Thanks again. I really appreciate everyones help and support.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #48  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Last week I told everyone how 160 pounds was my nemisis and I haven't gotten past that in 37 years. I have reached the 160 mark 2 other times. Well I weigh exactly 160 this week. I was ravenous all day yesterday and wanted to eat everything I saw. I was so glad when the day was over. I, however, am not going to be daunted. Next week I will be past the 160 mark, my biggest and last milemarker before goal. One of my gifts is easy speech, but I cannot find the words to express myself with this. I just can't believe that I only lost one pound this week and stopped at that dreaded weight. Here is to a perfect day on IP. Thanks ladies for being there for me. I am so fortunate to have all of you in my life.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:09 AM   #49  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
I've got you beat. As of this morning, I'm at my lowest weight since before I met my husband 19 years ago.
Well done!

Not to try to show anyone up, but I weigh less now than I did as a high school freshman without a driver's license. And to think that my 20 year reunion is coming right up. IF I go, do you suppose they'll recognize me if I'm not the fat kid anymore?
Old 12-05-2010, 08:19 AM   #50  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
I've been having a hard time the past couple days. My DH, mom and I are on the program. Well, my mom has not been sticking to protocol and when I ask or question about it, she gets very upset. I get that it's hard for her, but it's hard for me too. I almost think she sees this as a competition and I'm "doing better" than her. My mom is overweight, not obese like me. Everyday she verbalizes how much she hates her body/thinks she's fat. This makes me feel worse. I'm 23 and morbidly obese. Seriously, hearing that doesn't help me. I'm working so hard right now trying to make a change and I feel almost guilty or undermined in my efforts to do so. She's already decided to go off protocol for Christmas, whereas I am not. I see her cheating a lot and then complaining the next day or next WI about not losing weight. I'm having a hard time being supportive, and by golly I cannot criticize. Weights been an issue for me my whole life (she disagrees with that but when I was at my lowest I was eating under 1200cals a day and exercising incessantly) and I need to make a change but it's hard. I'm afraid to eat her food, thinking she's cutting corners. So then of course if I don't it looks like I'm not supportive, I don't trust her, yadda yadda. You all know this is a hard protocol regardless. This extra drama just throws me off.
I need to lose this weight. I can deal with others who are off protocol eating whatever they like. But it's so HARD for me to see those who are on protocol cheat. It just undermines everything I'm working so hard to achieve.

Sorry for the post. Ive fallen off of other diets before due to this and I just do not want to let this derail me.
I have read Carla's response to your post and I agree with her. I am glad that you realize that you are not in competition with anyone else. I am thrilled to see someone at your young age make the decision to take charge of your life and make the necessary changes. I am 65 and I realized I had to make a change. Just think you will be healthier, look great, feel great and have a sense of accomplishment that no one can give you. There are some things we can not change and there are some that we can. I am 5' 1" and I knew I could not get any taller, but I knew I did not have to remain as wide as I was. Who knows I may appear taller at my ideal weight. Lol. Find your level of commitment, stay focused and work toward the goal you have set for yourself. I know you can do it. Judy
Old 12-05-2010, 08:29 AM   #51  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Well done!

Not to try to show anyone up, but I weigh less now than I did as a high school freshman without a driver's license. And to think that my 20 year reunion is coming right up. IF I go, do you suppose they'll recognize me if I'm not the fat kid anymore?
I just read your post. What is this "if I go" comment? You better go, try not to let anything keep you from going. I think your classmates need to see you, the you, you want everyone to see. You have worked hard and you deserve your time in the limelight. Keep us posted.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:48 AM   #52  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Well done!

You give me hope! I have had several people say I shouldn't expect to get down to my high school weight and give me the women change and 7 pregnancies do things to your body, but I'm not going to give in. It doesn't seem to me that being 5'9" tall and weighing 185 pounds is THAT low!

Keep up the good work, Dave! Go to the reunion if there is anyone you'd actually like to be around, otherwise, know you have succeeded anyway.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

...Good Morning Sunday !! So far its another 100% wknd !! Juli bought a bunch of WF items..had the BBQ sause on my beef last night...it was so yummy I thought I was cheating !! Great ideas for the IP friendly cheesecake my daughter is getting.....we will have to label it 'DIET' cheesecake so the others don't try to get into it !!

Never thought I'd say that I am looking forward to WI#2 on Tuesday eve.....

Congrads to all that have a had a great week and may your strength prevail thru the week ahead !!... and remember ...you ARE worth it !! =-)
Old 12-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #54  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
Last week I told everyone how 160 pounds was my nemisis and I haven't gotten past that in 37 years. I have reached the 160 mark 2 other times. Well I weigh exactly 160 this week. I was ravenous all day yesterday and wanted to eat everything I saw. I was so glad when the day was over. I, however, am not going to be daunted. Next week I will be past the 160 mark, my biggest and last milemarker before goal. One of my gifts is easy speech, but I cannot find the words to express myself with this. I just can't believe that I only lost one pound this week and stopped at that dreaded weight. Here is to a perfect day on IP. Thanks ladies for being there for me. I am so fortunate to have all of you in my life.
AWWW. .. We stop at all kinds of numbers on our way to our goal. And, that is just what they are, numbers. They only hold importance because of the emotion or meaning we "GIVE" to them. Don't empower that number. (I learned this the hard way. I gave importance too a few numbers too!)

The truth is...... LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!! You are back to a weight you remember being at 37 years ago! Not only that you are just a pound away from being a weight you haven't been in a longer time.

YOU HAVE DONE SOMETHING REMARKABLE AND ADMIRABLE!!

This diet works despite or inspite of our fears. We plateau, slow down, or stall occasionally but not forever. We are able to reshape our body and improve our health.

Maybe this is your opportunity to pause, at a very memorable weight, and say a permit goodbye to the person who could never get past 160. Be grateful for what your learned in the last 37 years and for the strength you gained to do this program and, for finding a way (finally) to get past the place your body liked to stop in the past.

Quote:
Well done!

THAT is so COOL!! You must be psyched! I understand the not going. Not because of weight or whatever, I just don't go. I got along with many from high school and they are on facebook with many but, reunions, I don't know. I just don't feel a need to go back to the past and catch up.

I do think you should go to just one event though and BLOW them away with your new "speedo" wearing self!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
You give me hope! I have had several people say I shouldn't expect to get down to my high school weight and give me the women change and 7 pregnancies do things to your body, but I'm not going to give in. It doesn't seem to me that being 5'9" tall and weighing 185 pounds is THAT low!

Keep up the good work, Dave! Go to the reunion if there is anyone you'd actually like to be around, otherwise, know you have succeeded anyway.

Several people on this board have commented that they are back to or below high school weight. Don't worry. If it is meant to happen it will. Remember, just because we were in high school doesn't mean we were our most fit, leanest, or at a healthy body fat. If your goal is that, you may well get to be like you were in high school!
Old 12-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #55  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

MMM.. sunday!

Up having a cup of coffee and planning my day. Yesterday was spent with holiday shopping and the farmers market. Today will be watching the Green Bay/49er's game (GOOOO 9ers!), wrapping gifts, cleaning, walking the dogs and, cooking.

I got a wonderful organic, free range chicken at the market, some beautiful turnips and leeks, fresh garlic, parsley, sage, mushrooms, celery, and onion.
I have my large stock pot out. Tonight's dinner will be chicken soup! YUMMM...

I might make some IP crackers too. I actually found some flax seed crackers that are not even .5g carbs for 5 crackers. They are made locally, by a RAW company. Nothing in the but the seeds and seasonings. They are mostly fiber. I find that an interesting option for the future. I will be letting BF have those with his meal tonight.

So, I have made plans to go to Virginia for the holidays. YEP! Off to see family. I have 2 sweet little nieces in Richmond and I can't wait to see them both. Fortunately my family is well aware and accomodating with the diet. I am packing a box of my foods to ship along with their gifts so, while there I should be able to keep things on track.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 12-05-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:41 PM   #56  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Nope - they won't recognize you but all will be amazed when they realize it's you! I say go and enjoy the reactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Several people on this board have commented that they are back to or below high school weight. Don't worry. If it is meant to happen it will. Remember, just because we were in high school doesn't mean we were our most fit, leanest, or at a healthy body fat. If your goal is that, you may well get to be like you were in high school!
I will never be where I was in highschool. In gr. 12 I weighed 110lbs! At 5'7" that would be a very unhealthy goal for me to set now. I want to be where I was before my first pregnancy - 145. Sounds more reasonable.

Quote:
rosemary2612 Last week I told everyone how 160 pounds was my nemisis and I haven't gotten past that in 37 years. I have reached the 160 mark 2 other times. Well I weigh exactly 160 this week. I was ravenous all day yesterday and wanted to eat everything I saw. I was so glad when the day was over. I, however, am not going to be daunted. Next week I will be past the 160 mark, my biggest and last milemarker before goal. One of my gifts is easy speech, but I cannot find the words to express myself with this. I just can't believe that I only lost one pound this week and stopped at that dreaded weight. Here is to a perfect day on IP. Thanks ladies for being there for me. I am so fortunate to have all of you in my life.
This fantastic! The last milemarker before your goal?! You are going to look back on this moment as one of your greatest accomplishments. You go girl!

Quote:
SashaJS Thanks Carla. I really appreciate your response.

Today held a huge willpower test for me as my mom ordered pizza hut for supper. It looked so good. I had a moment of - how about one bite? But no!! I stopped myself, distracted myself with drinking water (I was cooking DH and I's supper -- hot "wings"). I got through so much temptation today. I think I may reward myself with a restricted snack-- one of the bars I have froze in the freezer (I love frozen chocolate).
I also spent 30minutes on the treadmill after lunch today.

Question:: I am permitted a restricted per day. I do want to lose the weight as fast as possible. I go on the treadmill every other day (just walking for 30mins). Should I have a restricted pack ONLY on the days I exercise for the best results?
Good for you SashaJS! I know how hard it is when other people in your house are having meals you would love to take part in, (I'm the only IPer in my house), and you showed a lot of strength. I, personally, have a restricted almost every day. My coach allowed them after week 3. However, I found that the bars slowed down my weight loss so I don't have them. Other people have suggested cutting them up and having just a piece at a time so I think I might try that. I also dance 5 days per week so that helps me burn those extra carbs. If I don't have extra protien on those days, my weight loss slows. Like Carla said, all bodies are different and the only way to know yours is to experiment a little. Keep up the good work!
Old 12-05-2010, 01:32 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Just popping in to say hi and well done all! Keep your eye on the prize!
Old 12-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #58  

Default Unpleasant side effects of ketosis...

TMI, but in case anybody else has been wondering... according to the WiseGeek article, What Are Ketosis Side Effects?, "The ketosis side effects range from relatively minor side effects, such as bad breath and gas, to more significant side effects, such as weakness, nausea, and dizziness."

Since starting the IP protocol, I've had (here's the TMI part) such a problem with gas, more than ever before in my life... I guess in the long-term scheme, it's worth the discomfort & annoyance, but I'll be glad when that part is over with!..

hugs
Old 12-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Hi,
I have just spent the better part of 2 hours searching the alternative thread for a potassium supplement to equal IP..anyhelp?

Someone over there said the premier nutrition shakes from costco have 600mg of potassium, but my container (canadian) says 37.5 mcg..which does not compute the same.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:15 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

sheshie- ive been on IP for 3 weeks now i have an issue with gas to! what in the world!! Im glad you brought this up.. Since friday which is a night I did a bad thing and cheated I have had horrible hiccups all weekend like cant get rid of kind, im drinking tons of water trying to rid myself of them i hold my breath all those crazy tricks they just come back! Could it be associated with IP! On a good note I am making an IP friendly crockpot full of chili with lots of veggies and 93% lean ground meat of course it has my restricted tomatos in it but that will be the first time ive had anything restricted in 2 weeks including the IP restricteds
Closed Thread