Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #481  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
ok! I signed up... I had to wait out a week.. due to my paycheck situation! but I took the first step!!
We are so glad you are here!
Old 07-31-2011, 06:19 PM   #482  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Are you having Open Rotator Cuff or orthroscopic? I am just asking because Open was way longer recovery for me, so your activity will be much less.
I wish you a speedy recovery
Thanks for asking Bellamack. I had OPEN two years ago on my right shoulder (totally severed that cuff - swimming). He is hoping to be able to do orthroscopic this time but said with a cyst in the bone (TMI sorry) and possible bicep damage due to inpingement he could make no promises. I'd rather never do OPEN again! Yikes that was rough! ...but my desire to be out of this pain and able to use my arm again are out-weighing my hesitation to face tough PT and recovery. We'll see... Smile. Thank you for the "speedy recovery" thoughts. Smile Kathy
Old 07-31-2011, 08:01 PM   #483  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Default Hello, on my second day

Hi all, I'm Jackie (in case you didn't guess). I just started IP yesterday.

I also like MayKatCooper's questions so I'm going to use them.

Screen Name: JackieGee

Age/Age Range: 60 I turned 60 last september and was feeling pretty old. Two days later my mother died and then mortality seemed even closer. So I went on the Eat Clean Diet and worked out every morning at 5:30 and was doing GREAT. Then at the end of January I blew it and haven't been working out or eating clean since.

Family Life: I'm single and live in Northwestern Ontario canada with my big out of control dog and my evil cat. I have a son, daughter-in-law and 2 year old grandson about 1000 miles away that I try to visit as much as possible.

Occupation: I work for the government as a trainer/instructional designer but I also have had my own business since 1981 - career coach. Over the last year I wrote 4 books (Future Pull and The 7 Day mental diet - they are both on amazon.com) and now I've expanded my coaching to be more LofA rather than strictly career. Actually the stress of finishing my book by a February deadline PLUS getting too enthusiastic and signing up for a boot camp which totally blew my early morning workouts was why I screwed up my great progress from October to February.

Hobbies and Interests: I paint, write, take my dog to the dog park and renovate my house. I'm hoping to go on a kayaking trip next year so I really need to get in shape again.

Favorite Music: Pretty much everything - in my car I have Metallica, GnR, Joss Stone, the Zombies, Billie Holiday, the Eagles and Madame butterfly as well as several ebooks by Mike Dooley and Jack Canfield.

Favorite Color(s): I love all colors - can't choose one.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I like the Body for Life workout because I like the structure and obvious progress. I like yoga but I had both my knees replaced 2008 and I can't kneel. Zumba is fun too. Oh yeah and tai chi is something I enjoy and must get back to.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to lose at least 75 pounds, lower my blodd pressure so I can cut down on my meds and reduce the pain in my feet - I want to make my knees last.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Back in 2002 I lost 50 pounds on Atkins and loved it. I put some back on gradually over the years but not all of it. Then over the last winter I lost some weight - not much considering the work I put in when I was eating clean and working out from October to February. Then I went off of it and stopped working out and I have BALLOONED up. I am higher than I've been since about the first month of my Atkins diet. Then a couple of weeks ago I went to get some facial work done - microdermabrasion and lasergenesis and the women who owns the business - a tiny little tight body person - told me she had lost weight on IP and that it was amazing. So I investigated and checked out this site and all the great results convinced me to give it a try.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating like a pig - to put it bluntly. Laziness and need to get back on track working out in the morning because it always helps me stay great for the rest of the day.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I have to cut out diet coke (none since yesterday), cream in my coffee (also none) and get back into exercise. Actually right now I feel like I am eating too much. I started yesterday and I really don't feel like I'm dieting enough to have the results you all had on your first week.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? : Pink? Okay I know that's impossible - but I can dream. I really just want to look like the best me I can.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I have a little black shift dress that I've had hanging in my closet since 2003. I've never had it on because I've never been able to get it on. Even if I get it on and it falls apart from age, I'd be happy.

Looking forward to seeing the same wonderful results you all have - although right now I just can't imagine it.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:02 PM   #484  
On my last diet

Default I'm sorry

OMG I'm sorry that's so long. I thought using the questionnaire would rein me in - I guess not.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:05 PM   #485  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
I have rotator cuff surgery this next Thursday and though I've just started Phase 3 I will probably end up converting back to Phase 1 for the 4 week recovery - till I'm allowed to drive again, just because it is so easy to follow. I will be rooting for you and you can commiserate with me recovering from and having surgery yet staying IP ... I'm praying. Smile. Good luck!
Hi, and I hope your recovery is FAST and, reasonably, painless. From what I've read here, about others having had surgery, IP may not be your best choice. Or, at least, up your protein, carbs, and calories a bit to compensate for stress. Maybe ask your coach. Or get your coach to ask hers/or his coach?
Old 07-31-2011, 08:06 PM   #486  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
Thanks for asking Bellamack. I had OPEN two years ago on my right shoulder (totally severed that cuff - swimming). He is hoping to be able to do orthroscopic this time but said with a cyst in the bone (TMI sorry) and possible bicep damage due to inpingement he could make no promises. I'd rather never do OPEN again! Yikes that was rough! ...but my desire to be out of this pain and able to use my arm again are out-weighing my hesitation to face tough PT and recovery. We'll see... Smile. Thank you for the "speedy recovery" thoughts. Smile Kathy
oh dear kitty,
I do know the pain of Open rotator cuff and the long recovery. I had to also have by bicep reattached as well as a tenden that runs on the underside. Yes the reward after months of recovery was much less pain and alot more sleep at night. I wish you the very best.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:25 PM   #487  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Welcome to the boards Jackie, great to have you aboard!
Old 08-01-2011, 12:24 AM   #488  

S/C/G: 277/220/150

Height: 5'9"

This is a great idea. I love reading all of your stories.

My name is Jessie. I am 24 years old and work as a pharmacy tech at a mail order pharmacy. Needless to say, lots of sitting. I have struggled with my weight pretty much my whole life. I started my battle with depressing in middle school as a result of traumatic events in my childhood. I would sneak sweets and chips in my room late at night to eat them without others knowing. This happened all through high school.

After high school I spent 1 year in South America for college. I lost quite a bit of weight (not sure how much) because of having to walk EVERYWHERE. I loved it. I came back to the states and slowly added the weight back on.

I have tried time and time again to eat healthier, exercise more, make those necessary changes, but would get discouraged and quit when I didn't see progress on the scale.

I weighed around 250 the spring of 2010. My brother got married that summer and the whole family used it as a long vacation where more of us gained about 20 pounds.

I have been fed up with the way that I look for quite some time. My mom started IP and 2 weeks later (june 2011) my dad and I started. We have been a great support system for each other. I don't think I would have stuck with it for as long as I have if we weren't all in the same boat.
So far I have lost 25 pounds and 18 inches. It's a great feeling to see that progress on the scale.

I wanted to add a little motivational tool to our family so I started a large dry erase board for everyone to mark down their weekly and overall totals. So far so good It's nice to have a little friendly competition.

My goal is to weigh 150...maybe less. I am more determined than ever to finish this journey. As my mom likes to remind us, this is a marathon, not a sprint.

That's my story. Sorry for being long winded, but it feels so good to finally get everything off my chest.

I look forward to reading more stories, giving and receiving advice. What a great site!!

Jessie
Old 08-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #489  
On my last diet

Thank you for the welcome Wuv2BLoved. Your story and your pictures are for sure one of the motivational reasons I joined here. Along with your friendly positive attitude. Thank you.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #490  

JACKIEGEE and YETTA, I loved your stories. It really does help to know a little about each other and your stories are fascinating. Smile. Jackie I'm wondering where 1000 miles away. Our daughter and her family are about 1000 miles from us to out in Oregon. ...funny thing - my third child (daughter) went to Jr. High with Pink. At the annual talent show, a number of the girls taking voice lessons performed. Then Pink sang and WOW what an amazing difference. She was so naturally gifted! LOL! That particular daughter of mine just turned 33. Years do fly by.

Bella, you are so precious! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and comfort... I love the "kitty" - I felt so understood. Smile.

LINDEN, great idea. I will call my coach today. I am an IP TO GO girl so don't have a counselor or nutritionist I go to. I am up to P3 but was planning to go P1 during my recoup. It didn't dawn on me that the limited protein and carbs might not be in my best interest. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. Smile.

So many great friends here... I love my 3FC IP team! Smile. Kathy
Old 08-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #491  
On my last diet

thank you MayKatCooper. Well this is my 3rd day and last night wasn't so good. I have restless legs and I ran out of meds last night so I was soooo restless. I ended up having the half of a packet that I couldn't finish the night before, a diet coke, pickles and even 2 slices of non fat processed cheese. My coach called today to see how I was doing (which I am impressed by since today is a civic holiday) and she was not impressed with the diet coke.

Today I'm being perfect.

I weigh in on Wednesday and she's already warned me that it might not be as high as I might expect because it's not a full week and I had the diet coke.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #492  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
thank you MayKatCooper. Well this is my 3rd day and last night wasn't so good. I have restless legs and I ran out of meds last night so I was soooo restless. I ended up having the half of a packet that I couldn't finish the night before, a diet coke, pickles and even 2 slices of non fat processed cheese. My coach called today to see how I was doing (which I am impressed by since today is a civic holiday) and she was not impressed with the diet coke.

Today I'm being perfect.

I weigh in on Wednesday and she's already warned me that it might not be as high as I might expect because it's not a full week and I had the diet coke.
Try to stay away from the DIET coke, actually STAY AWAY from it. Please don't discouraged if your numbers aren't big AND if they are big you got lucky with drinking the diet coke. You can do this without the diet coke, DRINK WATER! get you some water flavoring, YOU CAN do this!!
Old 08-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #493  

Smile New Member

Hello:

I've been following this thread "loosely" for a few weeks. I started the IP diet almost four weeks ago. I didn't weigh in last week due to scheduling conflicts but in the first two weeks I lost 7 lbs. My scale is dropping and I'm due to get weighted in on Wednesday.

I have really appreciated all the advice and meal suggestions. I'm not sure I would have taken the plunge if I hadn't found this site. The plan is that this will be the last big weight loss plan that I will have to do. Like many other members, I've tried many weight loss programs over the year. I usually lose but then regained even more.

Again, thanks for all the advice. I'll keep you posted.

NHJoan

Old 08-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #494  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHJoan View Post
Hello:

I've been following this thread "loosely" for a few weeks. I started the IP diet almost four weeks ago. I didn't weigh in last week due to scheduling conflicts but in the first two weeks I lost 7 lbs. My scale is dropping and I'm due to get weighted in on Wednesday.

I have really appreciated all the advice and meal suggestions. I'm not sure I would have taken the plunge if I hadn't found this site. The plan is that this will be the last big weight loss plan that I will have to do. Like many other members, I've tried many weight loss programs over the year. I usually lose but then regained even more.

Again, thanks for all the advice. I'll keep you posted.

NHJoan

Congrats on the weight loss!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #495  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Hi, and I hope your recovery is FAST and, reasonably, painless. From what I've read here, about others having had surgery, IP may not be your best choice. Or, at least, up your protein, carbs, and calories a bit to compensate for stress. Maybe ask your coach. Or get your coach to ask hers/or his coach?
I just spoke to my coach (Ideal to Go) and was told to go straight to Phase 4 for the entire surgery and recovery period. That should maintain my current loss. After the PT ends go back to P1 for a week or two then on to P2 and P3 quickly to obtain the rest of my loss needed. I'm so excited and yet so nervous. I've got to get studying real fast now.

Linden - thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. I could have gotten myself into some less than superior healing. Smile.
Closed Thread