Old 10-22-2010, 11:13 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 208.8/186.8/128

Height: 5'3"

iowahawkeyemom thanks for the recipe. I haven't had any dill pickles yet because an ingrediant in them is sugar. If I can get over my fear of sugar, I will try it. (I'm afraid it will trigger me to mentally and physically crave junk food.)

This is my first day to join this forum. I am about 5.5 weeks into IP and have lost 20 pounds so far. This truly is the easiest to stick to diet I have ever been on. I too am fearful of not being able to maintain the wait loss when I reach goal.

Thank you 3 Fat Chicks for starting up this site/forum!!
mtrchristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:18 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 208.8/186.8/128

Height: 5'3"

medicmom734 congratulations, you deserve to be very proud of yourself; heck I'm proud of you!!
mtrchristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:34 PM   #48  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Don't know if anyone else has ever tried this before, but tonight I was wanting to try something different from my usual dinners. I made a huge lettuce salad, chopped dill pickles, green onions, and poured WF 1000 Island over it. Added some olive oil and sliced up my grilled lean beef and layered it on top. It tasted just like a Big Mac.....My husband looked at me and then asked if he could have some!

Only thing I didn't add was cheese since it is a no no. It was a great change of pace
WOW, that sounds so delicious, iowahawkeyemom!!! I just may have to try that this weekend!! Thanks for the idea!
SallyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:40 PM   #49  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Welcome to all the Newbies!

Disappointed in myself this week. Down 1.2 pounds and 1 1/2 inches. Going to try and eliminate restricted and increase my lettuce and water. Hopefully that will lead to a better loss next week!
Iowahawkeyemom, I have been creeping ever so slowly too. Today down .5#. I don't understand it at all. I have upped my water to 120 oz/day and have not eaten any restricteds. In fact, I'm not even eating high carb veges. My coach and I decided I would cut down my drip coffee from 2 cups to 1 cup (or maybe none!!) and she sold me some anti-oxy supplements. I just do not understand why I would not be losing more weight. Quite frankly, I have about 20 lbs left to lose and I really cannot afford to do this IP foods at this slow rate. I will see if the anti-oxy's work this next week, but I may just finish with the foods that I have and try something else?? I feel really low/sad about this.

Oh, I cannot figure out how to quote multiple posts in one post, sorry
SallyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:46 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 191/135/115..started 10/4/10

Height: 4'10.5"

It was such a bad day at work today and I really wanted to eat. I eat to give me comfort...then this evening found out one of the kids from our highschool was in a shooting accident and has passed away...my heart aches for his family...again I so want to go into the kitchen and find something sweet to eat.

Overall with IP it has been a good week. My WI is Monday afternoon...I just want this weekend go be okay and it is going to be busy. My family get together since I have started so...we are a family that loves to eat And birthday cake will be there!

Hope everyone has a groovy week!!!
sngn4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:50 PM   #51  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrchristian View Post
iowahawkeyemom thanks for the recipe. I haven't had any dill pickles yet because an ingrediant in them is sugar. If I can get over my fear of sugar, I will try it. (I'm afraid it will trigger me to mentally and physically crave junk food.)
Not all dill pickles contain sugar - I am finishing off a big jar of kosher dill deli spears from Costco that are contain no sugar. Sweet pickles definitely have sugar, but read the labels on the dill. Pickles is one of the ways I get my veggies in every day. Each of the big spears is about a 1/2 cup!
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:33 AM   #52  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrchristian View Post
I too am fearful of not being able to maintain the wait loss when I reach goal.!
I can tell you the fear is a normal feeling. I totally freaked out when I had to go to Phase 3, I was so used to having a specific set of rules I tried to "bargain' my way into staying on Phase 2 longer with my coach (which make me laugh because I STILL remember when I started and being SO overwhelmed by all the rules and feeling like I would never get it all straight!)

But, for me, its like now I have this "underpinning" of how things work, and I can apply it in everyday life without having to think about it all the time (but often enough that I am mindful of it, which is good, I think.).

But you CAN do it, and you WILL succeed just like you are now at losing.
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:22 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 192/180/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Thanks for all the support and the good recipes today! Have a good weekend everyone
WannaBeHotMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:23 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 255/229/160

Height: 5'5'

bella mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:56 AM   #55  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxistxxx View Post
I am new to all this and I hope I'm posting in the right place. I only have internet on my phone so I'm trying to navigate the site the best I can. I have been on ip for 3 weeks and have lost 21 pounds so far. I was wondering if that is normal and if it will slow down. I was expecting a slower weight loss. And as I said to my bf yesterday I'm kinda scared to be at my goal weight, I need more time to process. Lol only 35 pounds to go.
Wow 21 pounds in three weeks and only 35 to go...you are not that heavy and have had amazing results...good job
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:07 AM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Good day ladies.

I didn't do my weigh in this morning because I was running late for work. I will post my results tomorrow, as I will be doing them in the morning!
Uggghhhhh, today at work, we were on the road all day, and of all things, my partner orders PIZZA. Stuffed crust pizza. I wanted to eat even the box. Never mind that I was hungry, it smelled soooooooooooo yummy.
I didn't eat it. I ate my cucumbers, and my slab of beef, and my salad.
I did it! I didn't like it, but I did it!
Good job!! That has been one of my greatest difficulties. My bf has had pizza 3x this past week! I still don't know how to deal with it well, other than grabbing celery or something and heading to a different room. Glad to know someone else out there has the same temptations and that it CAN be avoided!
100ButterflyKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:24 AM   #57  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default The weekend thread.

The weekend thread for October 23-24 is now open.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote