3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein questions ... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/215171-ideal-protein-questions.html)

ams94 02-27-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4232551)
I have never seen it in writing anywhere but I believe its more like 40-50 per day NOT 25....Just the cookie is 25carbs(i think) as long as you are eating what is on the sheet it doesn't matter what your carb count is. It has all been figured out with the combination of everything, that is why its allowed. If that makes any sense to you.

Thanks...It does make sense to me. :carrot:

Lookin 02-27-2012 07:41 PM

Is Crispy Cereal restricted?

I thought it wasn't, but now my coach says yes?

patns 02-28-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lookin (Post 4232668)
I thought it wasn't, but now my coach says yes?

No it is not restricted.It has 7 g of carbs. I think they count as restricted when they have 10g or more.

Vera2012 02-29-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4232551)
I have never seen it in writing anywhere but I believe its more like 40-50 per day NOT 25....Just the cookie is 25carbs(i think) as long as you are eating what is on the sheet it doesn't matter what your carb count is. It has all been figured out with the combination of everything, that is why its allowed. If that makes any sense to you.

Hi there,

I'm new to this site but I have been reading the forums for the last few days (at work hehehe) and yours are quite educational and inspiring! :)

Regarding the carbs, I have done a lot of research on Atkins Diet back in the days and he also had roughly 20g of carbs per day, however, those were net grams per day. As it was explained, you need to take the total carb amount and deduct any fiber and any sugar alcohols, if applicable..

That being said, I'm new to the IP diet and don't want to misinform anyone...so you should ask your coach if the same is applicable to IP but this makes sense why one cookie is 25 carbs lol or why someone keeps losing weight on 40g of carbs.

Vera

Yatese 02-29-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus (Post 3527885)
I am new to this web-site and have posted some messages, but I am not sure how to find out if anyone has responded.

I will be starting into my 8th week on the program and I have lost 35 pounds --- which I am thrilled with!

I have some questions:

1. Green cabbage - can we eat it or not?
2. Regular tomatoes (not cherry) - can we eat them and how often?
3. Restricted foods - my coach gave me a bar on the first day and told me that I could have the restricted foods, but only once a day. I am reading that some coaches were saying no to restricted foods until 3 or 4 weeks into the program.

I welcome all answers and thank you in advance!

My clinic states red cabbage only, not green. We all know that all doctors vary slightly in their thinking.

TinaCleg 02-29-2012 12:37 PM

OneWish, I like you, have been on every diet it feels like. I have done IP once for five weeks and had to give it up for financial reasons, but now I am back on it. You can do this. I am relearning willpower and it's hard but can be done. It's worth the sacrifices :) Have a great day

dube78941 03-19-2013 03:49 PM

comparison charts

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyMommy (Post 4192918)
Yes the packets are the actual meal packets. For example breakfast could be an orange drink, lunch a soup packet with veggies, snack a restricted bar, and dinner 8oz (the new requirements are 8oz for all meat) meat with 2 more cups veggies. Or if you were on a strange schedule you could do soup for breakfast, bar for lunch (with veggies), dinner, and drink for snack. Point being it doesn't really matter what you have when. Hope this helps and welcome to the boards!!

I would like to ask you where you got your comparison charts on IP alternative foods for the IP diet? I am in desperate need to find the chart and would appreciate any help and good luck, I just started my IP diet 5 days ago and doing okay at this point.

dube78941 03-19-2013 03:50 PM

Anyone can e-mail me the comparison chart please.

dube78941 03-19-2013 03:51 PM

[email protected] for the comparison chart please. Sorry I am new as of today and getting around the forum is challenging to say the least.

ragdoll74 03-19-2013 04:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dube78941 (Post 4674162)
[email protected] for the comparison chart please. Sorry I am new as of today and getting around the forum is challenging to say the least.

I don't know if there is a comparison chart. This is the IP nutritional info, you will have to kind of look around and find stuff that is similiar stats. Try the alternatives threads.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-vol-1-a.html

Kathy MacKay 09-08-2017 08:39 AM

On Phase 1 IP

Can I have Hummus in Phase 1 or any Phase for that matter?
Thanks
Kathy

canadjineh 09-09-2017 02:04 AM

Hummus

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy MacKay (Post 5330545)
Can I have Hummus in Phase 1 or any Phase for that matter?
Thanks
Kathy

Hi Kathy. Hummus is not allowed on regular IP phases for weight loss unless you are on the Alternative Diabetic/Athlete protocol that adds 3 group choices to your daily meals. Beans are included as a choice for one of those groups. Hope that helps.
Liana

ThickIslandChic 01-08-2018 07:28 PM

Hi all,

I've been following along and reading everyone's posts and figured I'd join in.

I'm wrapping up my first week on Ideal Protein and my coach is traveling internationally. Weigh in is tomorrow and I've lost an astonishing 10 lbs. My first week! After trying to lose weight and plateauing at 150 lbs for six months, this gets a WOW from me. However, I'm experiencing an unusual pain in my left foot and I'm trying to determine if this is related to the protocol.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? I would appreciate any feedback as I'm concerned.

Thank you!

ButterCup85 01-10-2018 05:49 AM

So, I did a ton of research and over a couple days and dived right in to this. That's how I work. I haven't stuck to it fully one day as I'll explain below but I was not fully prepared either. So, I started IP with alternative products.

Day 1:
Coffee in the AM with honey and soy milk- it's my usual
EAS RTD Choc for breakfast- ate about 1 cup veggies due to me drenching it in WF Ranch- couldn't eat it
Had a gross Premier Protein bar for lunch
Dinner I had 4-5 oz chicken and 2 cups veggies
Premier Protein banana creme shake for snack
couldn't sleep: Made an omelet with 2 eggs threw on a piece of ham for good measure and shoved an apple cinnamon breakfast bar in my face, I FELT LIKE I WAS STARVING! Slept about 6 hours, woke feeling perty good

Day 2:
Coffee with less honey and my soy milk still
EAS RTD Choc shake
Premier Protein Strawberry and Creme- only drank about half the bottle 2 cup veggies
4oz meat 2cup veggies and about 2cups of unlimited ones as well, WF Chipotle Ranch dressing
Some cinnamon role zone bar as a snack comparable to other restricted's

laid down- not tired, fell asleep, woke up about 2 hours later and then every hour until 410. I last looked at the clock at 11. Here I am.

I take multi vit in AM and 2 potassium 99 pills and a cal mag, dinner I take Omega 3, cal mag, and 2 potassium 99 pills again.

Am I not eating enough? Is my body just confused? Is it the honey and normal milk I keep doing?

I bought Truvia so I'll use that today, I also ordered a bit of stuff from Nashua. I feel more energy. I know that much. I do not usually clean so frequently or go shopping multiple times even if I forget something.

Maybe it's just excitement?

But, right now I feel like I'll have a very long day ahead of me and the lack of sleep can't be healthy.

Is it just normal and I'm doing okay with my eating and I just need melatonin?

happykumar7 01-09-2019 03:59 AM

Milk contains proteins. Drinking milk makes your body healthy.