3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein questions ... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/215171-ideal-protein-questions.html)

normarubys 01-29-2012 11:05 PM

So what happens if you accidentally have 2 restricted packages in one day? Does this kick you out of ketosis?

NavyMommy 01-30-2012 07:45 AM

Probably not, but it is a lot of carbs. I know some people weren't informed about the 1 restricted per day rule when they started and accidentally had 2 per day the first week or two because they didn't know. Not something I would advise doing on purpose, but if you do it once or twice accidentally it won't be a big deal.

ipoxford 01-30-2012 03:44 PM

IP Foods

Why in the world would you not use the IP foods? The foods are complete proteins. They contain all the amino acids that are required for a healthy diet & you are seen weekly (or as often as needed & always available by phone) by a qualified diet coach? Being accountable to someone & getting feedback and encouragement from the clinic is part of that price too. That is what makes Ideal Protein "Ideal Protein". If you are not using the foods & supplements, can you really say you are on the Ideal Protein diet? You are really on a very low carb diet & that is great. Don't get me wrong, if it works for you that is absolutely wonderful! However, not everyone can do it alone, so I just ask that you not discourage anyone from using an Ideal Protein clinic & foods. Having a trained coach is a BIG part of success with the program, not to mention, education for maintenance. Wishing each & everyone success with their health goals!!

Momto2cs 01-30-2012 04:20 PM

There definitely are many advantages to doing ip with a clinic. Accountability, information and readily available food choices.

But, it is definitely possible to get the same results using alternative products.

Cost is one factor that might deter some people, but if you really look at how much it costs, and what you would otherwise be spending on food, alternatives, etc, the difference might not be that significant.

Good luck.

sassysi 01-30-2012 05:52 PM

I am unclear on the "restricted packets"...this is the first I am hearing about it even

wuv2bloved 01-30-2012 06:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sassysi (Post 4196144)
I am unclear on the "restricted packets"...this is the first I am hearing about it even

I am attaching a nutritional fact sheet so that you can see the restricted and non restricted packets...hope this helps

cmchja 01-30-2012 10:22 PM

Tomorrow is my first weigh in and I'm nervous! How much weight did everyone lose the first week?

parislady40 01-31-2012 09:06 AM

Lisa, your story is amazing and so inspiring. I do have a question for anyone (with more in the wings as time proceeds). In some of the recipes, you are mixing packets, for example a drink and a pudding etc. How do you account for that in your daily allotment if it uses two packets. Do I have to make that, say, my lunch and snack divided? Hope you understand my question. Thanks!!

wuv2bloved 01-31-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parislady40 (Post 4196909)
Lisa, your story is amazing and so inspiring. I do have a question for anyone (with more in the wings as time proceeds). In some of the recipes, you are mixing packets, for example a drink and a pudding etc. How do you account for that in your daily allotment if it uses two packets. Do I have to make that, say, my lunch and snack divided? Hope you understand my question. Thanks!!

Thank you, Yes, if you are using 2 packets you must split it into 2 meals, half and half. Your question totally made sense :)

parislady40 01-31-2012 10:40 AM

Thank you Lisa. I am looking up recipes, and we certainly seem to have the same taste in food! I am putting together a recipe folder now.

wuv2bloved 01-31-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parislady40 (Post 4197078)
Thank you Lisa. I am looking up recipes, and we certainly seem to have the same taste in food! I am putting together a recipe folder now.

Make sure to look at FinnSteven's page, he has created a PDF file that is downloadable for a recipe book :) let me know if you can't find it and I will send it to you :)

parislady40 01-31-2012 10:35 PM

Thanks Lisa. Got it and printed it. Great recipes. My own personal recipe folder is really full thanks to the tons of recipes on the recipe thread. I will let you know how this goes. Went to the seminar tonight which I thought was the actual start of IP, but I actually start next Tuesday. We will be meeting each week, as I am sure you know ;) Just wishing I was beginning tomorrow. Should I start eating the veggies etc so that I might ease myself into the program for Tuesday next week?

wuv2bloved 01-31-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parislady40 (Post 4198070)
Thanks Lisa. Got it and printed it. Great recipes. My own personal recipe folder is really full thanks to the tons of recipes on the recipe thread. I will let you know how this goes. Went to the seminar tonight which I thought was the actual start of IP, but I actually start next Tuesday. We will be meeting each week, as I am sure you know ;) Just wishing I was beginning tomorrow. Should I start eating the veggies etc so that I might ease myself into the program for Tuesday next week?

I would start cutting back on your carbs and sugars now so that your body will already be detoxing by the time you start the program and your transition will be not as "rough" as if you weren't.

heliosmommy 02-03-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4196215)
I am attaching a nutritional fact sheet so that you can see the restricted and non restricted packets...hope this helps

Everytime I see your post I'm so inspired by you. I only hope I can be as successful with this diet. First week was great, but now things have really slowed down and I'm not sure why. It's so good thought to see that all of you guys have succeeded and that gives me the strength to continue regardless. Thanks!

heliosmommy 02-03-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmchja (Post 4196480)
Tomorrow is my first weigh in and I'm nervous! How much weight did everyone lose the first week?

I lost 7 lbs the first week, 3.5 the second, 1.5 the third, and my fourth wi is coming up on Monday.