Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #31  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Boy is this a good idea. And boy, what a lot of work. My hat's off.

About the pit bull -- well, you know, I can't blame him. The owner/stupido is another case altogether.

And yes, about the medicine. I'm more than peeved. I know I need to say something, strong, to them. But I still need the packets for another 2 months. It's tricky. My experience -- the less competent people are, the more defensive and self-righteous they can be.
Thanks! I actually was editing the post with more information while you were responding!

You are right about people and attitudes. I can probably say "been there, done that a few times myself." Is it worth it to check out Ideal to Go for a few months?
Old 10-18-2010, 02:50 PM   #32  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Here is one of "those" emails I get from time to time. Kind of fun though and thought I would share it with my IP friends.

Carrots, Eggs & Coffee!

A carrot, an egg, and a cup of coffee....You will never look at a cup of coffee the same way again.

A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up; she was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved, a new one arose.

Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots came to boil. In the first she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs, and in the last she placed ground coffee beans.. She let them sit and boil without saying a word.

In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl. Turning to her daughter, she asked, ' Tell me what you see.'

'Carrots, eggs, and coffee,' she replied.

Her mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they were soft. The mother then asked the daughter to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard boiled egg.

Finally, the mother asked the daughter to sip the coffee. The daughter smiled as she tasted its rich aroma. The daughter then asked, 'What does it mean, mother?'

Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity: boiling water. Each reacted differently. The carrot went in strong, hard and unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became hardened. The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water, they had changed the water..

'Which are you?' she asked her daughter. 'When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

Think of this: Which am I? Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?

Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened and stiff? Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and hardened heart?

Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and change the situation around you. When the hour is the darkest and trials are their greatest do you elevate yourself to another level? How do you handle adversity? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human and enough hope to make you happy.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes a long their way. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past; you can't go forward in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling.

Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.

Remember, carrots are NOT permitted on IP!
Old 10-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #33  
Started 9/25/10

S/C/G: 310 / 252 / 210

Height: 5'9"

Anyone have any tips on making the pudding? I used a blender bottle, a packet, and 6 oz of water. In 30 secs the pudding is made. Getting it out of the bottle and into a dish is then quite the process with a spatula and speckles of chocolate pudding everywhere. I figure there's got to be an easier way, but I'm short on ideas. Any thoughts?
Old 10-18-2010, 03:00 PM   #34  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedski View Post
Anyone have any tips on making the pudding? I used a blender bottle, a packet, and 6 oz of water. In 30 secs the pudding is made. Getting it out of the bottle and into a dish is then quite the process with a spatula and speckles of chocolate pudding everywhere. I figure there's got to be an easier way, but I'm short on ideas. Any thoughts?
I have a few methods.
One method is to use an old, smooth side glass jar. I place a sheet of saran wrap over the mouth then screw the lid on and shake. When done, I slide the saran across which drops the pudding back into the jar and use a long handle spoon to eat it from the jar or a spatula to scrap it into a bowl.

Another method is a glass salad dressing shaker by "glass lock" again, I put the saran over the mouth of the glass before closing so I won't have a mess in the lid.

The third is using a rubber maid shaker. Again, saran keeps the lid from becoming cluttered with the pudding. It is a wide mouth container and pretty easy to scoop out.

I have tried the immersion blender... oh NO! Too light a powder makes for quite a mess!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 10-18-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:18 PM   #35  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Heads up.

I just came from my clinic and I bought a box of chocolate pudding (my staple night time snack). It was in a different looking box, so I compared labels, and oh boy.

My old box says:

1g fat
10mg cholesterol
160 mg sodium
3g total carbohydrates (with 1g dietary fiber and 0g sugars)
20g protein

The new box says:

.5g fat
15mg cholesterol
110 mg sodium
290mg potassium (this is new)
7g total carbohydrates (with 2g dietary fiber & 4g sugars)
18g protein

The new chocolate pudding has as many carbs as the chocolate drink! I'm going to take the new box back and exchange for something else.

Does anyone else have any of the "new" boxes? Maybe we need to update the pdf.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #36  
Started 9/25/10

S/C/G: 310 / 252 / 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I have a few methods.
One method is to use an old, smooth side glass jar. I place a sheet of saran wrap over the mouth then screw the lid on and shake. When done, I slide the saran across which drops the pudding back into the jar and use a long handle spoon to eat it from the jar or a spatula to scrap it into a bowl.

Another method is a glass salad dressing shaker by "glass lock" again, I put the saran over the mouth of the glass before closing so I won't have a mess in the lid.

The third is using a rubber maid shaker. Again, saran keeps the lid from becoming cluttered with the pudding. It is a wide mouth container and pretty easy to scoop out.

I have tried the immersion blender... oh NO! Too light a pound makes for quite a mess!
Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a try with saran wrap tonight.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #37  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Hey all....been off the threads for a few days due to an unexpected move.....good news is, I haven't "cheated"....I have had a few Phase 2 lunches instead of my normal veggies/salad. But, in reading previous posts this is ok....plus I figure all the lifting and packing has burned some extra calories and carbs right?!?!

BTW- I am 1 lb away from -30!!!!!! Wahooooo! Sooooooo excited! I LOVE IP!!!!!

Last edited by wyoangel; 10-18-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #38  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedski View Post
I have a wide mouth cup with one of those springy mixing balls from GNC that I put in it and shake it. Then, I can just take the ball out and eat out of the cup. I'm pretty big on minimizing dishes.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 206/150/130

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I have a wide mouth cup with one of those springy mixing balls from GNC that I put in it and shake it. Then, I can just take the ball out and eat out of the cup. I'm pretty big on minimizing dishes.
I use a small round rubbermaid container from the grocery store. I pour the water in then pudding and shake. It comes out perfect every time and is really easy to clean.

Last edited by Mstella; 10-18-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:44 PM   #40  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Heading to my WI. Hoping all goes well!
Old 10-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #41  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
Heading to my WI. Hoping all goes well!

Let us know how it goes!
Old 10-18-2010, 05:06 PM   #42  

If you ever have a question about that stuff again feel free to contact me. I am a DC and am more than happy to help or explain anything you need!
Old 10-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
This weekend was the 1st birthday party for my niece. My sister had a delicious looking cake and all I wanted to do was eat a piece. I didn't.

My roommate's frend was at our house last night and was having car problems and asked me if I could give her a ride to get dinner...taco bell. I didn't cheat.

I have been feeling depressed because all of my pants are too big and there was no way I wanted to buy new pants, but I talked to my mom and had a 15% off coupon to Kohl's so I went it to see what they had. I got a pair of pants one size smaller than I normally wear. They also made me have dumpy butt! So I got a size that didn't have a 2 in it. They fit...and they looked good! It made all of my no cheats this weekend worth it. I am so proud!
Congratulations! Way to go! Enjoy your new pants because before you know it, you'll be needing even smaller ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonder cat View Post
I need some advice from people who have been doing IP longer than me. I don't consider this a planned-cheat question, but maybe it is. To me it is more "massaging" the protocol to fit a situation: Tomorrow is a challenging day with two work meetings over breakfast and lunch. I know the kitchen very well (high-quality, as it is part of a conference center) and I'll be able to have a two-egg and 2-cups allowed veggies omelet for breakfast (made-to-order, so I can control the preparation) and then I will be able to take my WF 1000 island dressing for a lunch salad+veggies. I wondered however, if I could have a real-food protein portion along with my salad, then just have IP packets the rest of day. If I am planning on having two real-food meals in one day, should I maybe just have a IP packet-and-vegetables tonight for dinner, in order to double up real-food tomorrow? In other words, no real food today, in order to have two tomorrow?

I will take a RTD IP drink with me to lunch in case they only have stuff that doesn't work (it is a buffet and the menu rotates; the salad bar is excellent and always there). I have no worries at all about my self-control to make correct choices with what is in front of me. But I wondered about my plan. In 4 weeks, I haven't eaten anything but IP and my own prepared food.
Yep, I ditto what I'm Svelting and Carla had to say. Eat like it's a Phase 2 day (don't skip anything today or the day after). I've also done this and it's worked out fine. Oh, and good thinking to bring along an extra RTD just in case.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:21 PM   #44  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Happy Monday folks! I just wanted to say thank you to all of you ladies who show up and post on this every day - it reminds me that I'm not alone in IP world that there are other people who have been there! I appreciate you all!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #45  

S/C/G: a:411/306/230 105 lbs lost

Height: 5'11"

Default Ditto!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Happy Monday folks! I just wanted to say thank you to all of you ladies who show up and post on this every day - it reminds me that I'm not alone in IP world that there are other people who have been there! I appreciate you all!
We don't join in the dicussions on a regular basis, but we do read them often... and like Mrs Diettrich said, "thank you to all who show up and post every day". In deed we are not alone on this trek...

Closed Thread