Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #31  
started IP 09/23/10

S/C/G: 165/157.4/130

Height: 5 ft 4.5 in

Default Why am I craving carbs today?

So, here I am on day 13 with my 2nd WI tomorrow evening. I had to choke down my salad at lunch today (seriously gagged a couple of times). And now, for the past 2 hours, all I've done is crave carbs....anything from peanut butter to pizza. Have any of you experienced cravings at this point? I definitely craved carbs the first few days but that feeling had pretty much passed.....now it seems to be all I can think about. It's making me
Old 10-05-2010, 04:17 PM   #32  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

The choking down the salad is getting to me. But the craving carbs hasn't. I'm having a hard time choking down the vegetables and the salad.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #33  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
So... I'm lowering my goal weight to 140! After a message from Linden I started thinking about why I set my goal to 160. It's because that is the lowest weight I even remember being, so I knew it was possible for me to get there. I always looked at other people's goal weights of 135, 140, etc and thought "I could never weigh that." But now I'm thinking "WHY CAN'T I?!" So... here goes nothing (but fat!)!! I think at 160 I would be comfortable and feel great, but just the thought of getting to 140 makes me all giddy inside!
Old 10-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #34  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
So... I'm lowering my goal weight to 140! After a message from Linden I started thinking about why I set my goal to 160. It's because that is the lowest weight I even remember being, so I knew it was possible for me to get there. I always looked at other people's goal weights of 135, 140, etc and thought "I could never weigh that." But now I'm thinking "WHY CAN'T I?!" So... here goes nothing (but fat!)!! I think at 160 I would be comfortable and feel great, but just the thought of getting to 140 makes me all giddy inside!
I was like you. I knew if I got between 160 and 150 I could pick a weight to end at. At 162.. I feel pretty good and get lots of compliments and it works but, it isn't "right". I know I can do better. I think it is great you are choosing a better, more appropriate goal. You will know as you get there if it feels right or where you really want to stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaLynn View Post
I know what you mean about the 145 vs. 160. I almost chose 160 as my goal weight. But for about 3 years I weighed 145 and looked great so I'm hoping I can do it again! Plus, the number 163 reminds of when I became really down on myself and went to Overeaters Anonymous meetings. So I want to get passed the 160s.
I kind of have done the same thing. I remember when I weighed 145 and it was the first time I felt FAT.... I just want to get below that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbethin2011 View Post
I had my 4 week WI today and was completely surprised by a 6 pound weight loss and shocked to realize that I have lost 27 pounds in 4 weeks. What an amazing feeling!
Thank you to everyone who posts on here. I read the comments everyday and you all motivate and inspire me to keep at it. I have a long way to go, but I know I will get there.
Congratulations to everyone on their hard work and dedication!
6 pounds!! Wow!! That is a great weekly loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirlie View Post
So, here I am on day 13 with my 2nd WI tomorrow evening. I had to choke down my salad at lunch today (seriously gagged a couple of times). And now, for the past 2 hours, all I've done is crave carbs....anything from peanut butter to pizza. Have any of you experienced cravings at this point? I definitely craved carbs the first few days but that feeling had pretty much passed.....now it seems to be all I can think about. It's making me
There are two possibilities for this that come to my mind. ONE... you over ate carbs or protein yesterday and slightly pulled yourself from ketosis. If that is the case, drink more water and bear through it, you should be fine tomorrow.

If you don't think that is a possibility then, this might be the case...

Your body is trying to regulate being in ketosis. This isn't uncommon. To do that it will try to find available protein. The body uses a process that converts a small amount of excess protein to a necessary level of sugars to regulate and prevent becoming toxic from the ketones. If you aren't providing a bit of extra protein your body can take what it needs from your muscle. You don't want that. SO... the two things to do today should be make sure you have PLENTY Of water... more than normal. This helps to dilute the ketones. AND, You probably should have an extra packet today or use one of the restricted packets instead of an unrestricted. You should be fine.

On another note! DO NOT overeat protein at one sitting. So carefully measure your protein tonight. Your body can only use so much protein at once. Anything not used can be converted to sugars too quickly and may pull you slightly out of ketosis.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #35  
started IP 09/23/10

S/C/G: 165/157.4/130

Height: 5 ft 4.5 in

Thanks showgirlaz! That helps me understand...and make sense of it! The only thing I did differently yesterday was started eating my dinner....had to stop for a meeting and then finished when I returned 1 hour later. Everything I ate was IP protocol. I've already had about 80 oz of water and will be sure to drink much more tonight. Just had a chocolate shake snack....will see if that helps tide me over. Thanks again for your insight!
Old 10-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #36  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default Wi3

Well I had WI3 today, I guess it was ikay down another 2lbs., but some of my inches were the same or went up like my neck. Coach said it just be water wait. This past week has ben very busy and filled w/ stress I am hoping fr a better week.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #37  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginBAM View Post
Well I had WI3 today, I guess it was ikay down another 2lbs., but some of my inches were the same or went up like my neck. Coach said it just be water wait. This past week has ben very busy and filled w/ stress I am hoping fr a better week.
I was wondering why that happens to some people and, after doing some research, learned that fluid retention following a rapid weight loss occurs for some people. Apparently, as the fat is lost the cells fill with a bit of fluid. It will come off in short order. That seems to agree with why some people report measurements going up and weight slowing down or holding steady. It also seems to be inline with what your coach is indicating.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 215/158.3/145

Height: 5'8"

Went through my closet and filled two big trash bags with "too big" clothes. What a great feeling! My daughter has started IP and is doing great, so I gave the bags to her. I know some of those clothes are too "old lady" for her, but there are also some jeans and tops that she will be able to use. Think I'll hit the consignment shop next week
Old 10-05-2010, 05:54 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

Default Good evening

Good evening all! It looks like lots of good stuff has happened today. In my neck of the woods my WI went great today. I lost 3.6lbs and 3.8inches. I was happy! I also discovered the chocolate and cappuccino drinks can be heated....and with some cinnamon and WF marshmallow.....yummy for this cold weather. I also ate a crepe with WF caramel and orange marmalade-thought my knees would buckle it was so good!!
Old 10-05-2010, 06:23 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 238/154/150

Height: 5'7" Started IP 07/19/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Good morning everybody!
I also have my 2nd WI after work today. My scale is saying I'm down another 3 lbs this morning. I was really hoping for 4 or more, but 3 is okay too. Maybe I can still get there - water, water, more water!
This is still less than I've weighed in about 8 years.
Hope everyone has a wonderful IP day!
Thanks for reminding me of that! It has been at least 6 yrs since I was this weight, maybe more. I had lost hope that I would ever get down to this point again and now look at me I'm going strong and going for 150! Haven't been that weight since um, um, I can't remember ever weighing that.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #41  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

So I just made the "dreamcicle" (half vanilla pudding/half orange drink) and I put it in the freezer to thicken it up a bit, but I just took a sip before I put it in.... All I can say is YUM!!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #42  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmln3x View Post
Hey everyone. Congrats on all the loose clothes and nsv's. I've been feeling pretty crappy lately... the weather shifted big time in South Dakota and man is this cold kicking my butt.

So far I've managed to not cheat, though with being sick I've pretty much had to force myself to eat. I've been dealing with the Big C lately and I think TOM will be rearing its ugly head soon as well. I feel like a bloated, snotty, piece of crap. So with all that I'm up 3 pounds according to my scale, maybe it has a lot to do with TOM and being sick.. but it's not very encouraging I can tell ya that.

I will say one thing... all the IP packets I have that I really didn't like.. are getting used up lol. When you can't taste it, you can't complain about it.
I was having the same issues last week with TOM and the Big C. Still showed a weight loss at my weigh in - on the first day of my cycle. I was shocked by that. Well, this week I'm feeling better, closer to norm and I can't wait to see the progress at my WI on Friday this week!! Hang in there! I was discouraged too, but partly was just my "mood."
All I can say is, hang in there and you'll be so glad you did!!! My coach was pleasantly surprised at the inches I still lost last week. I felt like one of those Macy's day parade balloons though!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #43  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I was wondering why that happens to some people and, after doing some research, learned that fluid retention following a rapid weight loss occurs for some people. Apparently, as the fat is lost the cells fill with a bit of fluid. It will come off in short order. That seems to agree with why some people report measurements going up and weight slowing down or holding steady. It also seems to be inline with what your coach is indicating.
Carla, you are a wealth of information!! Thank you so much for all that you share. It has helped me a great deal and I am most grateful!!
You're doing a fabulous job eating healthy and paying it forward.
Thank you, thank you!!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:47 PM   #44  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

Just had to post. My DH just reminded me that it has been 20 days since I started IP. So I get to put a tracker on my post, and be amazed because it seems like the time flew by. It didn't feel like 20 days of healthy eating, I will look forward to the next 20 days.

keep up the good work IPers
Old 10-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbethin2011 View Post
I had my 4 week WI today and was completely surprised by a 6 pound weight loss and shocked to realize that I have lost 27 pounds in 4 weeks. What an amazing feeling!
Thank you to everyone who posts on here. I read the comments everyday and you all motivate and inspire me to keep at it. I have a long way to go, but I know I will get there.
Congratulations to everyone on their hard work and dedication!
You will do it for sure! Your screen name already shows your determination, and this forum will keep you going throughout the various experiences. What a fantastic start you have already had to your journey! Hope you are enjoying it.
Crystal
Closed Thread