Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 02:14 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonder cat View Post

What would you do, eat something (not protocol, but I knew there was fat and protein in the almonds), or not eat? I wasn't sure if "not eating" or eating something small was the better choice.

Opinions?

If you know, please tell me: when confronted with 2 not-ideal options, which would have been the better choice?

thanks, my friends
Hi everyone,
Almost bedtime but wanted to get this last question in. It's come up a few times about eating every 3 hours or so. This is a real challenge for me because my day at work is often back to back appointments with clients. I do eat everything required, but I have a stretch of about 5 hrs, maybe more, between both breakfast and lunch, and lunch and dinner. I wasn't too worried because I also don't usually feel like I'm starving.
Is it really a big deal (for metabolism or whatever) to eat at the shorter intervals?
Thanks, as always, for your wisdom! Sweet dreams everyone!
Old 10-05-2010, 06:23 AM   #62  

The new daily thread is open. This thread will close sometime later today, probably between 3 pm and 5 pm EDT.

We leave this thread open so that you can multi-quote posts from this thread and reply to them in the new thread.

Where do I post? Join us in the Tuesday daily chat thread

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-05-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:40 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
BevS: Which probiotic have you been using? Is it a subsititue for the Natura "Enzymes?" I've been looking for a sub for it, but haven't found anything yet. I did find something on Amazon, but they don't match up all that well.
I couldn't use enzymes. I tried Nutura (not Natura ones) Digest-Zyme at the suggestion of my chiropractor/IP distributor and got uncontrollable diarrhea (sorry if TMI). I have been using Phillips Colon Health probiotic caps (I buy them at Sam's Club). They help prevent "constipation, diarrhea, gas and bloating." They really keep me from having painful stomach cramps.

Last edited by BevS; 10-05-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #64  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Hi everyone,
Almost bedtime but wanted to get this last question in. It's come up a few times about eating every 3 hours or so. This is a real challenge for me because my day at work is often back to back appointments with clients. I do eat everything required, but I have a stretch of about 5 hrs, maybe more, between both breakfast and lunch, and lunch and dinner. I wasn't too worried because I also don't usually feel like I'm starving.
Is it really a big deal (for metabolism or whatever) to eat at the shorter intervals?
From what I have read and experienced, if you are not so hungry that you will eat the wrong things, this isn't a problem. I have my meat meal at lunch around 11:30 and usually don't get to dinner until 5:30 or 6:00 pretty regularly and I think I have had consistent loss.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:11 PM   #65  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Hi everyone,
The IP program sheet doesn't have any information about timing meals and that was never provided to me verbally by a coach.

I think the goal is to not be hungry. If you are comfortable at 5 hrs and don't experience cravings or loss of control in your choices, it shouldn't matter. I know many people are hungry at different intervals some need to eat every 2 to 3 hrs others need to eat every 4 to 6 hours. YOUR BODY and what it signals are your best indicators of how often you should be eating.
Closed Thread