Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 05:02 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Hey all!

Well after catching up on all the posts today, it looks like we are all sticking to the "no cheat weekend" very well! I am feeling wonderful... weighed in at 213 this morning! I am getting so close to onederland, that I just can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

Great job everyone! Oh.. for the big C, I use Nova Lax and milk of magnesia and it really gets the job done!

There was talk yesterday about tummy tucks.. I too am wondering what my tummy is going to look like after the weight is gone.. however, I had a tummy tuck with my last child (c section) that my OB does for only a good bottle of red wine! So that got rid of a lot of skin and stretch marks.. so I am hopeful.. I would like to wear a bikini one day on our boat next summer...we will see!

Talk soon all! and happy IP!
Old 09-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblackdress View Post
Scale hasn't budged all week. Eating protocol, no slips. Cleaned out my closet and have a bag of clothes to give away, still feeling a bit disappointed. Tell myself I shouldn't...just coming off of a 9lb weight loss for the last 2 weeks and body needs time to adjust. All in all, I have been on the diet 70 days and lost 39 lbs which is a phenomenol success! Can't expect big losses every week. It is amazing how we set our selves up for failure! Really??? losing over 1/2 lb per day isn't good enough? How crazy is that thinking. Need to remind myself that just over 2 months ago I was wearing 20W-22W and now in a solid 16 misses! How long ago has that been? I will stick to plan, weigh in tomorrow and look for success next week. Perhaps I should not measure success by the scale but rather by sticking to plan!
I concur with your last statement. We are often held hostage by the scale, myself included. When in reality losing a 1 - 2 lbs a week is considered good. Losing 39 lbs in 70 days is AWESOME, by any standard. You rock!! When ever you feel disappointed in yourself, just remember how much you have accomplished in a such a short time.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:23 PM   #123  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by marypeter View Post
Marilyn, Dah-ling, a cougar is an older woman who picks up (much) younger men. They were hitting on you, you hot thing!!
Good grief....I don't want either one of them...the "much younger" sounds great!! What does this diet have in it? lol

Marilyn aka CougarMama
Old 09-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
I bought the enzymes from my coach this week, and they WORK!!! Going to cut back on them LOL.
Good information. Do you know what type of enzymes they are, or the ingredients? Thanks!
Old 09-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #125  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Looks like everyone has been very good this weekend... we're almost through... ready for another week... my WI is in the morning.. can't wait to see what I've lost after my first official week back on IP... congrats to us all
Old 09-26-2010, 06:14 PM   #126  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Hi everyone! I am on day 6 of the diet. Following it to a "T" including all the water - between 96 oz and 120 oz/day. But today I am HUNGRY and tired. Feel really good about sticking to the diet, proud that I can tell my clothes are loose! But worried about grabbing something bad QUICK. So hungry today. Don't know why. I haven't been before??? Help!
Old 09-26-2010, 06:18 PM   #127  

Height: 5' 7"

Was dissapointed to see propel has 10grams of carbs.
Oops!
Old 09-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
Hi everyone! I am on day 6 of the diet. Following it to a "T" including all the water - between 96 oz and 120 oz/day. But today I am HUNGRY and tired. Feel really good about sticking to the diet, proud that I can tell my clothes are loose! But worried about grabbing something bad QUICK. So hungry today. Don't know why. I haven't been before??? Help!
Hi SallyM and welcome! I am relatively new, but newbies are usually encouraged to have an extra packet if they get hungry. I would encourage you to read, read, and read this board! Tons of great info!
Old 09-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Well I just wanted to post so I could see my weight ticker. My life has got very busy as I took a second job. So congrats to all the losers and such and now I am going back to the beginning to see what everyone has been up to!
Old 09-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Talking Sugar Free Jello?

I was looking at sugar free jello in the little containers at the store. They only have 10 calories per little cup and 0 carbs. Does anyone know why 1 or 2 a day of those would be a problem to eat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
MotherDuckMJ Sorry to hear about your son's dog. Yes it doesn't matter how old our children get, we would love to make their lives all better, but doesn't work that way, be strong, take it hour by hour if you need to.
Journeysend: Thanks for the support. I'm praying and hoping that everything works out for the dog and my son. It is a great dog and we'll all miss it if he's not able to get it back. Sometimes I think it's harder with my grown up kids then it is with my little ones. I almost worry more as they are not under my protection any more. I have to trust that they have everything they need to be happy and successful, and eating over their troubles is surely not going to help them or myself. It's so silly how dependent on food I've been for comfort, I guess I didn't really think about it until I couldn't have whatever I felt like eating. It helps to have this place to come and post thoughts about it.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:54 PM   #131  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Good job everyone...no cheats here...14 days not a single cheat and down 13 pounds
Old 09-26-2010, 07:58 PM   #132  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

To all the new people!
I have read all the posts, decided not to quote anyone, just throw out a few thoughts. I don't even know exactly what they will be, we'll just see as I go. I haven't heard " you have loss enough or when are you going to stop loosing?" yet. I figure I know my body better than anyone else and besides I see it without clothes. LOL. Lately I have seen a few people in town that I haven't seen in quite a while, not one word about how I look or any questions. Then in a few minutes I see a great number of ladies (strangers) who really need to make a change in their lives. Then the decision I made in May and the results that I see and feel over rides anyones lack of words. People can get so wrapped up in their own little world they don't see someone standing in front of them. The point is no matter how things come and go in the future don't let it get you down. Stay on plan, don't give thought or place to cheating and be victorious!!!! By the way, my extra weight didn't get on my bones in one day, I made bad decisions over and over and over. Now that I have the Ip plan I make a good decision over and over and over. Yes, I miss baking cakes and pies(homemade crust) and eating all I want, but I don't miss the almost 40 pounds that I don't have to carry around 24/7. What a relief. This is the way I look at the whole thing: I choose not to eat certain foods at this time. I don't feel deprived, just blessed to be able to make this important change in my life. Yes, this journey is a life changing event. Trim and fit for life, Judy
Old 09-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #133  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher View Post
Hi SallyM and welcome! I am relatively new, but newbies are usually encouraged to have an extra packet if they get hungry. I would encourage you to read, read, and read this board! Tons of great info!
TY Traveling Stitcher. You're right, it does help to read the site. I was just having a tough day, extra tired because one of our dogs kept me up last night and maybe my TOM? So extra emotional too.
Thanks for all of the positive posts from this weekend, everyone. I can see the benefit for sure. I did have an extra packet and am feeling better now. Thanks again.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #134  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Checking to see if I correctly updated my ticker. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #135  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

petitandcute, I know what you mean. I was thinking while I had my extra packet, oh geeze, it's been 6 days for me on IP!! 6 days!! I could have been in a hospital eating hospital food for six days!! I could have been feeling miserable these past 6 days, but I wasn't! I was happy and light and I feel better after just 6 days!! I am an emotional eater too and also use food to comfort myself. Yup, I comforted my 5'2 frame with all 160 lbs!!! Here's to better days!
Closed Thread