Old 09-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #1  

Default Went on Vacation-Off Program for 1 Week

I am afraid to get on the scale! I went on vacation for 1 week and did not follow the diet at all! I have lost 20 pounds. How much can you gain in a week? The only thing that may save me a little is that we went to Las Vegas and we walked everywhere! I swear I walked about 5 miles a day!

Oh well back to the plan tomorrow! I think I will wait to weigh in until next week!

Patriots 1-0
NEPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:59 PM   #2  
here I am again :(

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Hi,

Let me know how you did, because I am also going on vacations on December and I am afraid of the weigh gain too as well. Good Luck!!
biggirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:15 PM   #3  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

With a little planning and perseverance, there's no reason you can't stay on plan during a vacation. Many travelers do. Check out the the Sticky for traveling and eating. It's really helpful.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:59 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Linden is correct. I went for a week to San Francisco. Before I went, I talked things over with my coach and planned for the time. While in SF, we walked and walked everywhere-while also taking electric train, BART and the cable cars. When I returned, I had lost 4.5 lbs and 3" off my hips! Yeah, I didn't get to eat everything I wanted and I didn't get to drink, but I thought it was a fair tradeoff!! Bottom line-no pun intended-you have to decide for yourself what is right for you.
CUSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatsFan View Post
I am afraid to get on the scale! I went on vacation for 1 week and did not follow the diet at all! I have lost 20 pounds. How much can you gain in a week? The only thing that may save me a little is that we went to Las Vegas and we walked everywhere! I swear I walked about 5 miles a day!

Oh well back to the plan tomorrow! I think I will wait to weigh in until next week!

Patriots 1-0
Let us know what your scale said--------in my experience if I cheat for a whole week (meaning not staying on program at all & eating unlimited carbs) I usually gain back the water/glycogen stores that I lost my very first week on program, but my body holds a lot of water. This water weight # is supposed to change as I lose weight and become smaller-that is why we phase out at the end, to give our bodies an adjustment period.

Last edited by elle12; 09-13-2010 at 05:10 PM.
elle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:17 PM   #6  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

NEPatsFan, did you got through the phases before you went on vacation? I have a vacation to an all-inclusive resort coming up in November and I'm sure I won't stay on plan that week so the plan is to go thru Phase 2 & 3 before I go. then back home and back on plan - but that scares me... I'd love to hear your thoughts on this process. Maybe I just suck it up and stay on Phase 2 during our trip... Mental dilemma!!

Quote:

Patriots 1-0
advocatemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:08 PM   #7  

I was in Phase 2 before I left for vacation. I actually was three pounds away from my goal. I am going to wait to weigh myself until next week. I think I did put on a few pounds as I bought a pair of pants before I left and they were a just a bit snug but would be good after losing a few more pounds. The felt a little tight today!

I truly admire people that can stick with the plan through parties and vacations. A couple of friends before we left did make comments about "you are going to eat and drink right??!!"

I know I could have made some better choices but in the end we had a great time with our friends and to be honest the cheat week was worth it to me. I got back on track this week.

I am going to Hawaii in November so I least have some time to focus on getting to my goal weight and maybe a few pounds below. This trip will be easier as we have a timeshare that we can make breakfast, lunch and dinner in.

Last edited by NEPatsFan; 09-14-2010 at 09:10 PM.
NEPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
I was in Phase 2 before I left for vacation. I actually was three pounds away from my goal. I am going to wait to weigh myself until next week. I think I did put on a few pounds as I bought a pair of pants before I left and they were a just a bit snug but would be good after losing a few more pounds. The felt a little tight today!

I truly admire people that can stick with the plan through parties and vacations. A couple of friends before we left did make comments about "you are going to eat and drink right??!!"

I know I could have made some better choices but in the end we had a great time with our friends and to be honest the cheat week was worth it to me. I got back on track this week.

I am going to Hawaii in November so I least have some time to focus on getting to my goal weight and maybe a few pounds below. This trip will be easier as we have a timeshare that we can make breakfast, lunch and dinner in.
I had to go off plan for a week unexpectedly a few weeks ago. My advice would be to go ahead and weigh this week. That way you know what exactly you're dealing with. I didn't skip my weigh in during my time off plan because I knew that was part of getting back on track and back into the routine. I struggled a little bit the first couple of days back on plan, but I'm pretty sure I would have put things off a little bit more had I skipped my weigh in. I hope you're doing well and back on plan. I'm glad you had a good time and I bet you're looking forward to your next vacation.
yelliemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:04 PM   #9  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Thanks for the update. I think I'm going to stay on Phase 1 and plan on eating more of Phase 2 while on vacation. I don't trust myself to go through the entire process and then come home for the holidays. I don't want to be starting over in January up the 20 lbs I just lost!!! :-)

~Jacque
advocatemom is offline   Reply With Quote