Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 08:42 AM   #1  
hottie in training

Thumbs down Is there a July 1-August 1 Challenge?? I'm up for it!

I noticed that there was a challenge last month, so I wondered if there was going to be one this month. I came on too late for last month's challenge.
Is anyone interested?

J
Old 07-01-2002, 02:38 PM   #2  

I am sounds good lets get started.
Old 07-01-2002, 02:54 PM   #3  
hottie in training

MJ-great!
My goal this month is to lose at least 5 pounds by August 1.
Additionally, to keep up with my goals of weight training at least 3x week & cardio workouts at least 5x week.
J
Old 07-01-2002, 03:22 PM   #4  

Default July 1 - August 1

Ok.. so I am scared of the scale because last week my eating was all over the place (after I met my last goal) and i was on vacation. So I am just going to avoid it for awhile

My goals for the July 1 - August 1 challenge are to:

1) Exercise 6 times a week
2) Lose 5 pounds
3) Drink more water.. less coke

-Tanya
Old 07-01-2002, 03:26 PM   #5  
hottie in training

Tanya, good job on the July 1st goal!!!
dont' worry about the scale just yet. give it a week or two to get back to "normal".
where did you go on vacation? My bf & i went to Ft. Lauderdale the last week of may. i loved it. I so want to go on vacation again!
I have one more goal to add-keep up with the running so I can run 5 miles at a clip!
right now i get to 3 miles & am too tired to keep going. two weeks ago, i ran 2 miles, took a minute or two water break, then ran another 2. not bad!
J
Old 07-01-2002, 10:41 PM   #6  

Default If at first you don't suceed . . .

Well, I didn't meet my July 1 goal, in fact I gained 3 pounds. I got way off track, and had trouble getting back to my routine. But I am ready to try again.

My goals for August 1:

1) Lose the 3 pounds I have gained
2) Lose the five pounds I was supposed to lose last challenge
3) Weight train 3 days/week, cardio 3 days/week
4) Drink 3 liters of water a day, cut down to 1 coke a day

Wish me luck, I need it.

Angela
Old 07-02-2002, 11:53 AM   #7  
hottie in training

hi angela, good to hear from you. u sure r aggressive trying to lose 8 # in a month! good luck to you! I think I could do it, but I feel like 5 is a little more achieveable for me, so I'll just stick with 5 but hope for more.
yesterday i did go to the gym, but I got there early & didn't feel like waiting for the aerobics class. Instead I ran 2 miles, walked 1, & did some crunches. Tonight I'll leave work a little early to get to the 5:30 aerobics class.
i totally forgot about my "not drinking pop" thing yesterday. I was on the phone w/ a friend and totally not thinking went to the fridge & opened a can of dr. pepper. ugh!!!!
no pop today, no pop today! don't need the extra calories!!!!!!
i think yesterday I was around 2200 cals, which is more than i want to be eating (1500), but 2200 is the RDA for me, so I guess that's not too bad.
i'll check back later.
J
Old 07-02-2002, 01:43 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally posted by JennPGH
Tanya, good job on the July 1st goal!!!
dont' worry about the scale just yet. give it a week or two to get back to "normal".
where did you go on vacation? My bf & i went to Ft. Lauderdale the last week of may. i loved it. I so want to go on vacation again!
I have one more goal to add-keep up with the running so I can run 5 miles at a clip!
right now i get to 3 miles & am too tired to keep going. two weeks ago, i ran 2 miles, took a minute or two water break, then ran another 2. not bad!
J
Thanks

I actually did not go anywhere for vacation. My parents came to visit me and I took them to Chicago and St. Louis. They have never been to where i live.. so it was cool. So it wasnt a true vacation, but I am going camping in West Virginia this weekend!!
Sounds like you and your bf had a nice vacation. I am jealous

I am impressed with your ability to run. I usually do a run/walk program on the treadmill thats around 3 1/4 miles in 45 minutes. I also try to change it up a bit by walking 4-5 miles a few times a week. Its nice in the summer. Plus riding my bike. I ride to work each day.. but thats only about 3 miles in total per day. (this is a recent thing.. I used to have a parking spot.. but not any more).

-Tanya
Old 07-02-2002, 01:46 PM   #9  

Default Re: If at first you don't suceed . . .

Quote:
Originally posted by stopat2
Well, I didn't meet my July 1 goal, in fact I gained 3 pounds. I got way off track, and had trouble getting back to my routine. But I am ready to try again.

My goals for August 1:

1) Lose the 3 pounds I have gained
2) Lose the five pounds I was supposed to lose last challenge
3) Weight train 3 days/week, cardio 3 days/week
4) Drink 3 liters of water a day, cut down to 1 coke a day

Wish me luck, I need it.

Angela
Angela,

You can do it! The 3 pounds you gained could be water.. so its entirely possible to lose that rather quickly. But dont be a slave to the scale.

-Tanya
Old 07-03-2002, 10:35 AM   #10  
hottie in training

monique,
you have a good point. you can do everything exactly right and still not lose weight. we can control how much we exercise & how much we eat. my goals for the month were to do cardio 5x a week/weights 3x a week, and lose 5 pounds. i would like to add to eat under 1500 calories a day. make the excercise & the eating the primary goals, with the losing weight the benefit/reward, instead of "goal".
anyway, does anyone have any plans for the holiday weekend? if they are anything like mine, they involve food, food, food! we have a get together on saturday where they will have hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. does anyone have a plan on how they are going to handle the holiday eating?
i was also wondering, does anyone else besides me have a scale "obsession"? we have one at the gym, and I have one at home. i don't use the one at home that much because i don't think it is the most accurate (it was a $5 walmart job), but i think everytime I go to the gym, i jump on the scale, even though i'm like "i'm not going to weigh myself" i do it anyway! i don't think it is good for the self esteem to weigh yourself everyday. weight does not change overnight. i was just wondering if anyone did the same thing.

well if i don't get to post again today, have a nice fourth of july holiday!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!

J
Old 07-03-2002, 11:28 AM   #11  

Default Scale Obsession

Today I put the scale under my bed. I am weighing myself too often and getting depressed. So I too have a scale obsession.
Its nice to weigh yourself once in awhile.. but I have to stop.

-Tanya
Old 07-03-2002, 02:49 PM   #12  

Default plan

Well my plan for last month didn't go so well either I didn't gain but only lost a pound. So this week I am back on track so far I have been drinking my water, walking and doing my sit ups. My goal for the week is not to eat any chips until sunday. I feel if I can get through the week without any ian start cutting down in other places. I am going to try and not wiegh myself until the first of August. I am focusing too much on the scale. My other goal by the end of the month is to have one day of the week where I can eat what ever I want and the other days eat sensibly. Have a good week everyone!!!! MJ
Old 07-03-2002, 09:30 PM   #13  

Default Re: Re: If at first you don't suceed . . .

Quote:
Originally posted by tonic

Angela,

You can do it! The 3 pounds you gained could be water.. so its entirely possible to lose that rather quickly. But dont be a slave to the scale.

-Tanya
Thanks for the encouragement. I hope I can do it. I got way off track last month...a lot of birthdays. In my family, they tend to all fall within 4 months, on both sides.

I am thinking about putting the scale away also, and measuring myself, and going by how my clothes fit. I've never weighed myself so much,until I started the challenge, I should really try to get out of the habit.
Old 07-05-2002, 10:43 PM   #14  

Default OOPS

I just realized I hadn't put my weight up for this challenge, so here it is.
Old 07-08-2002, 11:01 AM   #15  
hottie in training

tanya-i def. agree, we weigh ourselves too much, but i don't think i've weighed myself in about a week, which is pretty good for me!
"fitness" magazine has a feature about workouts/calorie plans to lose 10# in 28 days, maintain weight, etc. they have like 3 different plans. it seems like a tough workout. i am going to try my best though. 10# in a month would be great. after that, they recommend switching to the other plans to maintain the weight.
does anyone else buy these magazines? i subscribe to "self". I really like it. i usually don't buy anything else, like "fitness" or "shape" because those models they use are just too too thin. "self" isn't good at that either, but every once in a while you'll see a more normal looking model.
has anyone here ever read the book "it's not about food". i saw it on amazon.com and was thinking about picking it up. everyone that reviewed said it was really good. it is about changing your mind, stopping the obsession with food. sometimes i really feel obsessed by food. not just when i am eating. when i eat supper, i am thinking about next morning's breakfast, when i eat breakfast, i am thinking about lunch! argh!
Closed Thread