Fun with Ideal Protein Packets

You're on Page 13 of 21
Go to
  • My name is Holly and I am new here and 5 weeks into the program. I have lost 19.5 pounds (almost 20 Yeah!) and I may have been making some mistakes. Is Truvia allowed?

Thanks!
  • Quote: My name is Holly and I am new here and 5 weeks into the program. I have lost 19.5 pounds (almost 20 Yeah!) and I may have been making some mistakes. Is Truvia allowed?

Thanks!
    No, Truvia is not 0 CARBS. Just one little packet has as many carbs as the Chocolate pudding!
  • Bumping!
  • vanilla powder drink
    I have had trouble getting the vanilla powder drink to dissolve just stirred into coffee or in the shaker, so have almost 2 full boxes just sitting around.

This experiment worked:

vanilla powder and water as instructed
    orange drink powder and water as instructed
    1/2 tsp orange flavor
    few drops of olive oil

I used pre-chilled water from the fridge and blended all of the above, and the high speed got all the lumps dissolved.

Drank half for breakfast and stored the other half in a covered jar for later.
  • Quote: Instead of using cold water as the liquid, I use cold decaf coffee for a "latte mousse" or cold spice tea for a chai-like treat.

Both are good with the chocolate pudding too.
    i have chai latte k cup packs that contain both sugar and carbs...will that affect it?
  • I love this thread! Great for newbies like me!!
  • Recipes
    Thanks for bumping this thread with great recipes. I just started last week and have not experimented with anything yet. Everything was pretty plain this week. I see my coach tomorrow and weigh in. Looking forward to trying some of these recipes!
  • Quote: Thanks for bumping this thread with great recipes. I just started last week and have not experimented with anything yet. Everything was pretty plain this week. I see my coach tomorrow and weigh in. Looking forward to trying some of these recipes!
    Good luck! I have my 6th WI tomorrow. I've spent a lot of time googling recipes, not even just for the packets, for interesting and different ways of cooking veggies and meat. This forum is awesome.
  • Strawberry/blueberry spinach shake
    I like this shake for breakfast/snack....

The evening before I mix up the strawberry pudding and separate in into equal parts and put in fridge over night.

in blender...
    1. Place crushed ice and 1 cup or so of fresh spinach....liquefy.
    2. Add 1 of the strawberry puddings and 1/2 packet of the blueberry cran-granata drink...mix together well.

You can have another with the remaining packets and pudding as a sack or at lunch, and it helps me get my veggies in!
  • We split a chocolate mug cake into 2 portions and mix a spiced up pudding packet ( Dark Chocolate , Lemon, or Banana) with a little extra water to make it into a sauce to pour over the top.
  • Chocolate Strawberry Crepe
    Not sure if anyone's tried this before or not, but I conjured up this recipe the other night and it was AMAZING!

1 packet of plain crepe mix
    -add ground cinnamon seasoning
    -add DiVinci sugar free Vanilla flavoring

Pour in 12" skillet

Sprinkle Mrs. McButter and Cinnamon seasonings on both sides while cooking/flipping.

In a separate bowl combine WF strawberry jelly and WF chocolate syrup (you will have to kinda smash the jelly)

When crepe is done cooking, put chocolate strawberry mixture in middle of crepe, fold over crepe, and allow filling to warm

Put in plate, and ENJOY!
  • Seriously that crepe sounds like I died and went to heaven!!! Gonna try that! Thanks for sharing!
  • Quote: Not sure if anyone's tried this before or not, but I conjured up this recipe the other night and it was AMAZING!

1 packet of plain crepe mix
    -add ground cinnamon seasoning
    -add DiVinci sugar free Vanilla flavoring

Pour in 12" skillet

Sprinkle Mrs. McButter and Cinnamon seasonings on both sides while cooking/flipping.

In a separate bowl combine WF strawberry jelly and WF chocolate syrup (you will have to kinda smash the jelly)

When crepe is done cooking, put chocolate strawberry mixture in middle of crepe, fold over crepe, and allow filling to warm

Put in plate, and ENJOY!
    Whoa! I'm drooling right now.......YUM!
  • Hehe! Thanks y'all! I am such a "fat kid" at heart and I like to come up with "cheat" recipes...you know the ones that taste like you're cheating but you're not! I can testify that it really is AMAZING. and my DH had some too and he even said 'wow that's awesome!"
  • Bump