Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 08:44 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrfish23 View Post
I have to say I love this forum and I enjoy reading all of the posts, but I am never going to get a ticker, because I won't have enough posts! I don't know if it just me, but I spent alot of time waiting for the pages to load. I have a high speed internet connection and this is the ONLY site I have this problem with.

Sorry for the mini rant, just frustrated!
Starrfish I am with ya! I can't wait for my ticker and feel like getting to the minimum posts is taking forever. Luckily reading the posts make me laugh! So I have officially joined your bandwagon!
Old 08-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 166/139/140

Height: 5'6"

Just looking for my ticker! Hoping I did it right!

I did! I did! Isn't she beautiful?!!! An apple for a teacher!

KelleyAnn
Old 08-28-2010, 09:01 PM   #78  
Began IP 8-18-10

S/C/G: 179.7/152.9/130

Height: 5'3'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyAnn View Post
Just looking for my ticker! Hoping I did it right!

I did! I did! Isn't she beautiful?!!! An apple for a teacher!

KelleyAnn
Congrats on your ticker! She is awesome!

Congrats on the weight loss as well!!

By the way it took forever for this to looooaaaaadddddd!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:23 PM   #79  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Come check in at the After Phase 1 thread... you know you want to.
...been lurking....trying to read the whole huge past one before I chime in. working my way through it...
Old 08-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrfish23 View Post
I have to say I love this forum and I enjoy reading all of the posts, but I am never going to get a ticker, because I won't have enough posts! I don't know if it just me, but I spent alot of time waiting for the pages to load. I have a high speed internet connection and this is the ONLY site I have this problem with.

Sorry for the mini rant, just frustrated!

Starrfish - I was having major trouble with the pages loading too- now after I click on a thread, I hit the red X button next to the green refresh arrows at the top of my browser and it takes me right in immediately.

It used to take like 20 or 30 seconds to get in, now I wait like 4 seconds after clicking on a thread or hitting the submit button (while the page seems to be thinking about loading) I hit the red X (Esc) button and viola. Don't know why it works but it does.

I guess there are just a few of us having this issue......hope it gets fixed soon

Last edited by elle12; 08-28-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #81  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Default web loads issue

hi,
I think we need to get some data points for this issue and help out the folks who are getting frustrated.

Here are the questions I think we need answered, but BEFORE anyone leaps in to respond, can some other more technical-types weigh in on the questions over the next 1-2 days? once we know we have the right questions, let's put it on it's own thread and gather responses for a few days, ok?

1. are you finding that these pages load more slowly than other sites you visit regularly? If so, has it always been that way for you? how long ago did it start? has the problem ever come and gone or been steady?

2. are you mac or PC?

3. what is your operating system version? (e.g. Mac OSX, 10.5.8)

4. what web browser and what version of the browser are you using? (e.g. Safari 5.0.1)

5. in your preferences for this site, how many posts per page are you viewing?

6. what is your internet connection? (e.g. DSL, cable, dish, dial up)

Last edited by Rocky Monarch; 08-28-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #82  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

I'm using Firefox 3.6 and I've had no problems at all with the site. I'm on cable, and I have my preferences set so that I see avatars, signatures and images, and I have it set to 40 per page.

Last edited by amylew; 08-28-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #83  
Began IP 8-18-10

S/C/G: 179.7/152.9/130

Height: 5'3'

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
Starrfish - I was having major trouble with the pages loading too- now after I click on a thread, I hit the red X button next to the green refresh arrows at the top of my browser and it takes me right in immediately.

It used to take like 20 or 30 seconds to get in, now I wait like 4 seconds after clicking on a thread or hitting the submit button (while the page seems to be thinking about loading) I hit the red X (Esc) button and viola. Don't know why it works but it does.

I guess there are just a few of us having this issue......hope it gets fixed soon
Thank you! That works perfect!!!!!
Old 08-28-2010, 10:09 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Default First time poster!

HI there!

I am brand new to this board and am soooo happy to have found it! I started IP on August 13 and as of this morning, I am down 14 lbs! I am not using any restricted items, mostly just eating pudding and the veggies and meat... I have still hopefully 102 more lbs to lose to reach my goal of 125 lbs.

Thank you for being here and I am excited to get to know you all in our health and fitness journey .. Any tips or success stories I would SO love to hear to keep me going!

Talk soon!
Old 08-28-2010, 10:14 PM   #85  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

I have never had a problem with this site until about a week ago. Then it became really slow. I'm on a PC, DSL and I don't know the answer to any of the other questions. All the other sites I visit are just fine and loading as usual.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Red face

Hello all. This is my first day on IP. It has been very hard for me and I'm feeling a tad sorry for myself. I guess it's mostely hard because I have such a large family and they are all eating things I can't have. The smells and site of the foods are not fun for me.

I took this on as I know it is time for drastic change. I'm 44, I weigh 316 pounds, and have never weighed this much in my life. I feel like sleeping all the time. I want to feel good again and have energy. I'm hoping this will do that for me. I'm hoping my attitude will change once I kick into ketosis in a couple days. Until then I told my husband I'm just going to allow my body to rest and take care of myself. Would appreciate any ideas on how to deal with the mental part of this diet. It's great to see those of you on here who have been so successful! I hope and pray that for myself.

Thanks,
MJ
Old 08-28-2010, 10:56 PM   #87  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post
Hello all. This is my first day on IP. It has been very hard for me and I'm feeling a tad sorry for myself. I guess it's mostely hard because I have such a large family and they are all eating things I can't have. The smells and site of the foods are not fun for me.

I took this on as I know it is time for drastic change. I'm 44, I weigh 316 pounds, and have never weighed this much in my life. I feel like sleeping all the time. I want to feel good again and have energy. I'm hoping this will do that for me. I'm hoping my attitude will change once I kick into ketosis in a couple days. Until then I told my husband I'm just going to allow my body to rest and take care of myself. Would appreciate any ideas on how to deal with the mental part of this diet. It's great to see those of you on here who have been so successful! I hope and pray that for myself.

Thanks,
MJ
MJ,

The first few days are the worst. Once you're in ketosis, you'll notice that you have more energy. Once the pounds start falling off, you'll find motivation to stay committed. Getting through the first few days is the hardest, especially when others around you are eating what you can't have. Trust me. It gets better. Right now, I'm sitting in a room with my wife and a couple of friends who are enjoying banana cream pie. It looks good, and I'm curious about it, because my friend made it homemade, but I don't need it, I don't crave it, and I'm not tempted to cheat. It sounds weird, but it's true.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #88  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Talking

[QUOTE=Pegsi;3457044]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmlp View Post
I started Ideal Protein on Mon afternoon...I really don't "feel" like I have lost...I talked to my coach yesterday and she said n

Drinks/Shakes- this is the best I love to experiment with food IP and 'regular' Freeze Go crazy have fun and if you mess up and it tastes like *** drink it fast! Then at least you can say you got an icecream headache lol!

P.S. Welcome to the wonderful world of Ideal Protien!

I AM MY OWN WORST ENEMY
Ah, yes, Pegsi, after 12 weeks on IP I decided this morning I would make pancakes out of my vanilla pudding instead of just using it like a shake...added egg white, baking pwdr, Davinci syrup, Splenda.....and no, it wasn't great, but yes, I ate it anyway!!!!! Good advice my dear.

M
Old 08-28-2010, 11:13 PM   #89  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Oh, forgot to mention....went bra shopping today....my coach told me it was time! Started IP 12 weeks ago (37 lbs.heaver) wearing a 44DDD, moved down to a 42DD....and today.....drum roll please....I'm wearing my new 40DD on the second set of hooks...what can come next? a 38D or are these puppies going to just continue to hang in there at DD's.

Marilyn
Old 08-28-2010, 11:39 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

I am on the grand ticker search! LOL
Closed Thread