3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Friday 8/27/2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/211080-ip-daily-chat-friday-8-27-2010-a.html)

I'm svelting! 08-27-2010 07:07 AM

IP Daily Chat - Friday 8/27/2010

If you're new to this forum introduce yourself right here. It's a good spot to ask questions too.

Happy Friday!

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff
Tickers and signatures:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...forum-help-40/

Search
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. A picture's worth a thousand words so here's a screen shot:
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...itesearch2.jpg
The operator, "site:" , tells google to look only at that specific website. The search term, "ideal protein", will tell google to only look at pages that contain those words.

Add whatever you're looking for in the forum and Bob's your uncle.

Other helpful links
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You Clicking the link will open a PDF file.
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG...re_Dr_Tran.pdf

Progress Photos Thread in this forum
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ss-photos.html

Exercise Thread in this forum
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-exercise.html

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!

I'm svelting! 08-27-2010 07:17 AM

NSV this week

I better notice my NSVs (Non Scale Victories) this week, because I think the scale victory will be minimal.

My body seems to have been burning the fat on my neck and upper upper torso. There's much less insulation on my upper ribs and collarbone, and Ladies and Gentleman, we're seeing the emergence of the jawbone!

Linden 08-27-2010 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm svelting! (Post 3455160)
I better notice my NSVs (Non Scale Victories) this week, because I think the scale victory will be minimal.

My body seems to have been burning the fat on my neck and upper upper torso. There's much less insulation on my upper ribs and collarbone, and Ladies and Gentleman, we're seeing the emergence of the jawbone!

Well, I mean really! What did you expect? That you'd melt from your toes up? Let's get real here, lady.

Oh. Ummm. Have you checked your toes?

Midlife Meggie 08-27-2010 08:18 AM

svelting, I ADORE your new avatar! :lol:

My latest dilemma - I put my hubby on IP two weeks ago (plus two days). I figured it would be nice if we went through the stages together. He has already lost almost 14 lbs!!! :faint: He is totally going to leapfrog me and I am going to have to put him on phase 2 and 3 WAAAY ahead of going on it myself. I am the one going to the IP clinic, so I'm going to have to figure out the new phases all on my own, sans help from my coach. I've got all the protocol sheets and explanations, so I'll manage, but boy, I never expected this. :p

BevS 08-27-2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pookee
With regards to potty training, I've gotten suggestions up the yang from everyone and their dog. Here's my suggestion for all future mothers: USE CLOTH DIAPERS (I didn't) - it means a bit more washing, unless you use a diaper service, BUT your child potty trains him/herself by the time they are 2!!!!! I'm so sick of bodily functions. Argggggggh!!!

Hi, pookee, Sorry, but I have to comment here and add to your suggestions.:) I'm a 52-year-old grandma of 6, and I used cloth diapers with my own children to save money. My oldest son refused to be potty trained until he was 4. He didn't care how big a load might be hanging down to his knees or ankles. I practically had to tackle him to get the poopy diapers off of him. My second son trained himself completely by the time he was 18 months. He screamed over the least drop of urine in the cloth diaper. So at 4 the older one trained himself in shame when his baby brother outdid him. Just saying that cloth diapers aren't magic, but they do work with the right child. You could always use disposable until you think it's potty training time and then put the child in cloth diapers or thick training pants.

LINDEN, thanks for your kind words in yesterday's thread.

advocatemom 08-27-2010 09:07 AM

So excited today!! Down 16 lbs in less than 3 weeks!! Feeling so much better the past two days too! Starting eating my meat at my lunch meal and I think that is the key for me - at least for now. Before I felt like I was spending the entire day counting down the minutes until dinner.

Question for you long-timers, did any of you ever move to Phase 2 and eat 2 meat meals per day vs. protein packs? I think I feel much better with actual food but I also like these results. Or, if you did not move to Phase 2 early, did you occasionally eat an extra meat meal if you were out, away from home, on vacation, etc? I'm thinking ahead for my reunion weekend so I can eat two meals per day and just have 2 packs (1 for b'fast and 1 for snack).

Thanks and have a great Friday!

BevS 08-27-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by advocatemom (Post 3455290)
Question for you long-timers, did any of you ever move to Phase 2 and eat 2 meat meals per day vs. protein packs? I think I feel much better with actual food but I also like these results. Or, if you did not move to Phase 2 early, did you occasionally eat an extra meat meal if you were out, away from home, on vacation, etc? I'm thinking ahead for my reunion weekend so I can eat two meals per day and just have 2 packs (1 for b'fast and 1 for snack).

Thanks and have a great Friday!

I officially started Phase 2 after I lost 80% of the weight, but yes I did occasionally have meat instead of a protein packet when I was out during Phase 1. I usually ate grilled chicken when I did that. My friend who did the diet with me did this all the time and her losses stayed steady.

damgi 08-27-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie (Post 3455223)
My latest dilemma - I put my hubby on IP two weeks ago (plus two days). I figured it would be nice if we went through the stages together. He has already lost almost 14 lbs!!! :faint: He is totally going to leapfrog me and I am going to have to put him on phase 2 and 3 WAAAY ahead of going on it myself. I am the one going to the IP clinic, so I'm going to have to figure out the new phases all on my own, sans help from my coach. I've got all the protocol sheets and explanations, so I'll manage, but boy, I never expected this. :p

I hear ya on the figuring out the phases for DH ahead of my schedule. I think he'll be there before me so I have already started the research. :book2: I admit this pain is self inflicted. (I know some of you probably are wondering what is wrong with him that he can't research himself) I love the internet and I LOVE this site! :comp: You all have been so helpful. So I actually semi enjoy trying to figure out how to get his skinny butt through the rest of the phases.

So yesterday DH and I spent the day with family and friends, several who hadn't seen us in a while. We got the "You look great! How much of have lost?" followed by the "You don't need to lose anymore", "Stop dieting", :blah: So very annoying. At first I commented that they don't see the belly pooch that we have locked inside the shorts. Then we both just gave up and didn't respond. Silence is golden.

Have a wonderful day!

xanthia 08-27-2010 09:36 AM

So the bra saga continues. Remember when I was posting about not losing inches really quickly? It seems like I lost 4 inches from my freaking ribcage. Who loses only in their ribcage? SHEESH. SO I went down 2 band sizes, and was wearing the wrong cup size, that is bigger too. 32 bands in bigger sizes are hard to find so the poor lady at VS was trying every trick in the book. They don't carry my size really. I had gone to Nordies first and was not impressed with my lady and didn't believe her. I had my choice of one that wasn't cute, and wasn't black, she would have to order it. Not happening. So I cruised the mall, and did not find ONE that fit besides that one at Nordies.

Off to the specialty store today. It's gotta be cute AND black. Then I will order a bunch of stuff online once I get a handle of styles in that size.

Kristiv88 08-27-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm svelting! (Post 3455160)

Thanks for decoding NSV's for us newbies!!!

babsnwv 08-27-2010 10:05 AM

Feeling a little better this morning - this cold just might be on its way out. I was a little concerned that my body's not strong enough to fight it off well, but maybe I'm just being too dramatic.:^:

I found a really pretty shirt on the clearance rack - a lovely dark purple with embroidery across the top. I bought the 1X size. What a mixed surprise when this morning, it feels too big?? I may have to deep seam the sides and the shoulders so that I can wear it comfortably. I have to keep pulling it up! My size 20 JMS capris are starting to get good and loose around the waist, finally. AND my scales this morning said 205!!! I was 209 just Wednesday morning!! :goodscale

Maybe no one remembers, but I was so excited yesterday when I said that I was wearing a size 16 pants - I was SOO wrong - I looked at the tag a bit closer - they were 18. But that's ok, I still know they've been out of my reach for years, and now I can wear them again. I am so ready to break out of the 200s and into ONE-derland!! :dancer:

So may I testify to the fact that getting your "breakfast" in during the first hour really does make a difference? I feel better, actually, and it does seem to jumpstart my day nicely.

Took my good old beagle dog, Duke, with me on my walk last night - it was fun but not as long or productive as I would have liked. He had to stop at almost every post and bush to mark his territory. But it was nice to have company!

Have a great Friday, all! :D Oh, and I love this smilie - - :lol3: Isn't it so funny??

Barbara Ann

babsnwv 08-27-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xanthia (Post 3455340)
So the bra saga continues. Remember when I was posting about not losing inches really quickly? It seems like I lost 4 inches from my freaking ribcage. Who loses only in their ribcage? SHEESH.

Isn't it strange how we're all losing differently - I swear I've lost like crazy from my upper body (particularly my shoulders and boobs) but my waist and hips are so slow!! I'm looking so out of proportion - my bottom half is larger than my upper half! Guess I shouldn't complain, since I'm still losing! Hang in there - surely we'll even out eventually. :D

Barbara Ann

KattoS 08-27-2010 10:41 AM

Hey all,
I'm totally new to this whole thing, but I thought this site could be the support I needed to finally shed the weight and keep it off.

As of now, I've been currently living overseas for the past two years and I have seen my weight fluctuate so much, I'm at loss of what to do. Before leaving the states after college graduation, I weighed 139lbs. Starting at 200+lbs, in my last year of college: I joined a gym, walked my dog everyday for an hour (sometimes jogging), did sit-ups, crunches, yoga and basic belly dancing, and of course I ate smaller-healthier portions. So its easy to see how I lost the weight.
But sadly, being overseas means a change in diet, the amount of time and availabily to exercise when free, and of coure the stress load from work. I know I've fallen off the horse, blaming the stated reasons and myself, and I've tried so many things to get back down to the size I was before I left. I'm a confessed yo-yo dieter and I want to stop.

I would like to reach my goal of 130lbs.
I'm interested in any and all (healthy) suggestions and/or opinions.

Please and Thank you.

HopefulTricia 08-27-2010 10:48 AM

Great NSV today. Rode my bike up the big hill this morning that made me so sick a few weeks ago. I was afraid to do it, but just kept breathing slowly and praying!
Rode 6 miles -- good thing since I tried the pancakes this morning for the very first time. Too many carbs compared to my beloved ready made vanillas.
Chelle--Today is day two of phase two for me. Needing to move on because I leave on Sept 5.Phase two is easy breezy -- just like phase one with an extra meal and one less IP. I have done this some days anyway when I've been away before. Still have some weight to lose-- hope phase two doesn't let me down. Sounds like it's been good to you! Guess I need to go check out the after phase one board. In case I don't get to say it before you leave, I hope you have a wonderful trip-- and I will try to post before you go.

meandmax 08-27-2010 11:12 AM

:?::?:I seem to be out of ketosis.....I think i'm doing everything right....what can be doing this? Or do the sticks just turn at a certain time of day?