Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 03:51 PM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
I have some great news !! My roadtrip with BF was amazing, and guess what… He asked me if I wanted to be his Fiancée with a beautiful ring (claddagh ring, an Irish ring), while on a carriage ride in the middle of Central Park, NY City!! He asked me in fiancailles, so we will be engaged for a while before getting married, because I’m still in school, but I’m really happy
What WONDERFUL news!!!.. Congratulations!.. wishing you every happiness!..

hugs
Old 08-24-2010, 04:02 PM   #32  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I'm feeling like this hasn't been my greatest week though my weigh in tomorrow will certainly tell the tale. I can't really explain any particular reason other than I've had a lot of stress on me with research papers and finals. I'm not sweating it much though I am trying to consider if I did something different from previous weeks. I suppose it could be hormonal too.

I'm having this other problem though and it keeps me motivated... I went to get dressed for church and well, my skirts and slacks won't stay up! If I can finish up all my finals early this week I may squeeze in some time to go through my closet though I fear I'll have little to wear. What do you guys think about wearing dresses all the time, at least then they stay up by hanging from the shoulders?
Old 08-24-2010, 04:08 PM   #33  
Im a wannabe thin person

S/C/G: Goal 170

Height: 5'7"

LAdy5andy!!! - Felicitations pour tes fiancailles! Quel romantique ton copain!

I have a quick question...I've tried the search engine with various key words and option with no success...is it allowed to make homemade Ice tea... brewed tea, lemons and slenda... if so...great - we made some yesterday and thought wait a minute its way to good to be allowed lol...

finaly...I noticed there is few girls from the Ottawa area... im from there as well.. feel free to drop me a line
Old 08-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 201.5/171.5/140?

Height: 5'8"

Congrats Lady5andy on your engagement, that sounds perfectly romantic!

Here's a little NSV type thing: while on vacation a couple weeks ago, I bought a top I could tell was too small because I knew I would fit into it sometime soon. I didn't hope I would fit into it, I knew I would. I realized I have never felt that any other time before. In fact I don't think I have ever bought something I knew was too small hoping I would fit into it because that just wouldn't have made sense to me. But with IP it's just so different, all I gotta do is follow the plan, and it comes off. It's so reasuring.

Tomorrow's my weigh in and I'm excited, this feels so wierd/different!
Old 08-24-2010, 04:27 PM   #35  

Congratulations, Lady5andy - and your ring is GORGEOUS!!! (saw it on FB)

I'm on Day 6 of my restart after 3 months break and am having a hard time. I get VERY hungry in mid afternoon and tend to have a shake then. Can I move my evening packet snack to mid afternoon, or is there a reason it needs to be in the evening?

I'm not sleeping well, either.

Last edited by pookee; 08-24-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
I know someone who after returning to the work force when her children reached a certain age (I know that's not exactly your situation) told people that she was the executive director and general manager of a home for difficult children. She emphasized all the management skills that required -- leadership, budgeting, selling/persuading, having difficult conversations with "employees", hiring contractors (handymen, renovators), etc.

LOLOLOL. This is brilliant. What a sharp woman. I bet she could walk into any job she chose with a line like that. Certainly any where the person doing the hiring was a parent.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:38 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
I know someone who after returning to the work force when her children reached a certain age (I know that's not exactly your situation) told people that she was the executive director and general manager of a home for difficult children. She emphasized all the management skills that required -- leadership, budgeting, selling/persuading, having difficult conversations with "employees", hiring contractors (handymen, renovators), etc.
Love it!!! Did it help her get the job she wanted?
Old 08-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #38  
Dave - The Speedo King

Am I the only one who thinks that pointing everyone to the daily chat actually makes it more difficult to follow threads and get questions answered? I'm just sayin...
Old 08-24-2010, 05:01 PM   #39  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that pointing everyone to the daily chat actually makes it more difficult to follow threads and get questions answered? I'm just sayin...
No, you are not but I figured since I was new around here I'd keep my mouth shut. My perception from watching the board was that the daily or weekly thread was a better place to just have that general chit chat and if you had a question it would be better to start a thread. It's even harder if your question isn't answered and a daily thread is closed and with the weekly threads it was almost impossible to find an answer without spending forever clicking through page after page, only to find your question wasn't answered. I've seen many of the questions here only get answered by people who have been doing IP less time than the person asking which doesn't give great confidence. The questions that are asked outside of daily or weekly chat are usually answered more thoroughly.

I realize it's a pain for those that have been here for a long time to see the same questions over and over but perhaps a FAQ list would be helpful to get most of those. If I'm not interested in a topic, I just don't open the thread. Most new people won't take the time before posting their question anyway. It's a product of message boards and not just this one.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:09 PM   #40  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaedee31 View Post
Good Morning,

Just another question from a newbie - everyone that has lost a lot of weight, is there alot of excess skin? I am nervous about this, as I can't afford to have it removed, I think that is a lot of my stress about dieting and losing a bunch of weight.
thanks

I too am wondering what the skin looks like after the fat moves out.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:12 PM   #41  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

I'm Svelting!

Snort! Gasp! And I bit my tongue laughing.

Last edited by Linden; 08-24-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:18 PM   #42  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
No, you are not but I figured since I was new around here I'd keep my mouth shut. My perception from watching the board was that the daily or weekly thread was a better place to just have that general chit chat and if you had a question it would be better to start a thread. It's even harder if your question isn't answered and a daily thread is closed and with the weekly threads it was almost impossible to find an answer without spending forever clicking through page after page, only to find your question wasn't answered. I've seen many of the questions here only get answered by people who have been doing IP less time than the person asking which doesn't give great confidence. The questions that are asked outside of daily or weekly chat are usually answered more thoroughly.
That's exactly my point. With a daily chat, valid questions sometimes get posed and never answered. The next day, an new daily chat begins and that valid question has become yesterday's news.

I hardly ever went into the weekly chats. Pages and pages and the topics are all over the place.

I guess I'm one of those guys who thinks that efficiency for efficiency's sake ignores the more important matter of being useful. Again, just sayin'
Old 08-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post

I realize it's a pain for those that have been here for a long time to see the same questions over and over but perhaps a FAQ list would be helpful to get most of those. If I'm not interested in a topic, I just don't open the thread. Most new people won't take the time before posting their question anyway. It's a product of message boards and not just this one.
Hi Marion and Dave

The cool thing to me about the internet and public forums is they are messy and democratic. Eventually a group norms until the next disruption.

It's not a requirement to post questions in the daily chat thread. I've been requesting/suggesting it. The person asking the question will get more answers by doing so. There is a subset of experienced IPrs who will ignore one-off question threads because replying and tracking them takes more time than they're willing to spend. If people want to post questions as a thread, knock your socks off.

Really, if it works for you, go for it AND adjust any expectation about the response rate and who will respond.

I'm not a fan of the daily thread; I find it choppy for ongoing discussions. I prefer the week- and month-long meandering threads of yore. I'm working with daily threads because our moderators, Leenie and Ruthxxx, requested it. Moderating a forum can be a lot of work and they are volunteer labor, remember?
Old 08-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #44  
NewYearNewMe

S/C/G: 200/180/155

Height: 5"5

Hi everyone... does anyone have the athletic protocol handy?? i can't find it but know it was posted a while ago. Thanks!
Old 08-24-2010, 05:39 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

The clinic I want to transfer to got back to me via vm and email. I will have to pay the consultation fee again as I will be a new customer at their clinic. I cannot remember how much I paid when I first started. I asked her how much and what their hours are as that will help me decide what I want to do.
Closed Thread