Old 08-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #16  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Size 14 jeans. I'm just saying. Two days in a row, two different pairs. Last time I bought pants, I had to get a size 19. In the "boyfriend jeans" which were supposed to be baggy, but weren't. Yeahhhh Buddyyyyy
TaylorMayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 158/138/128

Height: 5'5

I started this diet to get rid of my baby weight---baby is 11.5 months now... My admin today told me I look too hot to be a mom.
Zebra35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:02 PM   #18  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

I had a great day. I had a birthday, swim party for my best friend at my house. I made wonderful food, all foods that I love, and two of my friend's favorite cakes (mine, too). I made sure there were plenty of vegetables, but very few were eaten. I made my usual salad and did not eat anything unapproved. I'm not saying the thought didn't cross my mind, but I was pretty relaxed with everyone eating. I walked around in my bathing suit all day and felt fabulous. My friend was happy and that made me happy for her. Yes, it was a great day!
rosemary2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:39 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

This is the day that the Lord hath made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!
tle1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:33 PM   #20  

Height: 5'10"

Smile

Oh I am so happy for this thread! I LOVE reading how everyone has been so successful! I'm a newbie with IP -this is day 5 for me. Yesterday was a difficult day though. I just wanted to bite into some bread or cereal. I had to go to the grocery store and get more veggies and everything I walked by was just screaming at me. It was hard, to say the least. But I stayed strong and happy to say that this morning I was down a pound!

Kristiv88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:52 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

I made it through the fair! WHEW.

Eight straight hours of booth after booth of cotton candy, fried hot dogs, ice cream, southern chili, funnel cakes, lime fizzes, beer gardens, yadda yadda yadda. Took my salad and salt and vinegar ridges along with a frozen bottle of water and sat at a picnic table for lunch with the family while everyone else gorged on fried chicken, corn, potato salad and curly french fries. The funny thing was NOTHING seriously tempted me. I felt fine with it all. It was a great sense of freedom, from cravings, from anxiety, from beating myself up over caving to irresistible temptation. We had dinner at a famous local diner, and I had a plain hamburger (beautifully cooked), no bun, salad and coleslaw with oil and vinegar. I enjoyed watching the family dig into truly obscene desserts and happily had a cup of black tea with lemon myself. And honestly, I truly had a wonderful day.

And I got to thinking, this is the first diet I have ever been on where people who've been on it for some time and successfully lost all their weight do not want to come off it. (There have been several posts where people have expressed uncertainty about leaving the safety of Phase 1 for the later phases). Now, how many diets feel that comfortable??

I am just amazed. Happy amazed. At how easy all this is, and how good I feel.
Midlife Meggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 175.8/168.0/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
I had a great day. I had a birthday, swim party for my best friend at my house. I made wonderful food, all foods that I love, and two of my friend's favorite cakes (mine, too). I made sure there were plenty of vegetables, but very few were eaten. I made my usual salad and did not eat anything unapproved. I'm not saying the thought didn't cross my mind, but I was pretty relaxed with everyone eating. I walked around in my bathing suit all day and felt fabulous. My friend was happy and that made me happy for her. Yes, it was a great day!
Very good!!! Parties can be really hard!! It takes a lot will power to say no and look the other way. Keep up the hard work!!
Kristysf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:26 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 175.8/168.0/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristiv88 View Post
Oh I am so happy for this thread! I LOVE reading how everyone has been so successful! I'm a newbie with IP -this is day 5 for me. Yesterday was a difficult day though. I just wanted to bite into some bread or cereal. I had to go to the grocery store and get more veggies and everything I walked by was just screaming at me. It was hard, to say the least. But I stayed strong and happy to say that this morning I was down a pound!

Great Job!! The grocery stores can be hard with all the delicious smells. Keep up the hard work!
Kristysf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #24  

Height: 5'10"

Smile

Here's my Monday morning story: I'm sitting at my desk at work and it's 10:15am. I have my morning "Cappuccino" in front of me and someone from Jimmy John's walks in. "We just want to show you some love!" She then sets down a BOX full of tiny sandwich samples in front of me.

On any normal day before IP I would have been so excited and would have eaten more than my share of sandwich samples. However, today I gave them to the office next door and am still enjoying my cappuccino!
Kristiv88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

I just wanted to share a HUGE POSITIVE!!! I have suffered for 25+ yrs with IBS to the point where even going out of the house was a problem. Since starting IP in April things have changed!!!! I just returned from a 3 wk trip with DH visiting his relatives in Germany and had a ball!!! NO, yes I said NO PROBLEMS with the IBS...what a God send IP has been in my life, not only have I lost lbs, but my health has improved and it has given freedom to go places without fear of dreaded accidents again!!! Am looking forward to spending 5 days in the city visiting my son and friends this coming weekend!!!
YAHOO FOR IP!!!!!!

Last edited by Journeysend; 08-09-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:33 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Fantastic early morning run! Increased my distance, the sun was just coming up, a steamy mist was hoovering over the water, the birds were chirping... Life feels great when you're not lugging around extra weight.
makeitmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #27  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I had to do a little shopping over the weekend because we are going to a family reunion this weekend and nothing fits. The clothes I bought were 2 sizes smaller! My husband has made it very clear that he likes the progress he is seeing!
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:24 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 173/164/144

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristiv88 View Post
Here's my Monday morning story: I'm sitting at my desk at work and it's 10:15am. I have my morning "Cappuccino" in front of me and someone from Jimmy John's walks in. "We just want to show you some love!" She then sets down a BOX full of tiny sandwich samples in front of me.

On any normal day before IP I would have been so excited and would have eaten more than my share of sandwich samples. However, today I gave them to the office next door and am still enjoying my cappuccino!
Great willpower! That is awesome. I find temptations are easy enough to resist with IP!
mommajen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #29  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

I went clothes shopping this Friday night. Now, every woman knows that trying stuff on after you have had all your meals and water and salt and everything else during the day generally sucks. I didn't even think about it and I went on my merry way trying to figure out what I could buy without replacing my whole wardrobe. I'm not making excuses for my size anymore when I'm trying on things, I'm just trying to look my best!
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

I am thankful that I have tolerance for ignorance around me.
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote