3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekly Chat July 26 - August 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/208161-ip-weekly-chat-july-26-august-1-a.html)

pitakitten 07-28-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie (Post 3408915)
I've been wondering about those... I saw one on "Ellen" a year or so ago... does it work?.. I think I saw them for sale at Walgreen's...

I think it's fat in my case, weighing down the saggy skin... I hope when the fat goes, the skin will still be elastic enough to tighten up... you're young enough, you won't have to worry about that...

Now, that's the kind of comment from others that make me feel good... no back-door insults, disguised as compliments...

hugs :hug:

:) oh I take the insults as jokes when they come from a good place. Today we were having lunch ouside and I said "I am cold", someone goes "well you wouldn't have been if you hadn't lost all that fat"...that was darn funny. I reassured him that I still had plenty for insulation. BTW FYI I am 42

Coastalcrafter 07-28-2010 08:04 PM

[QUOTE=HopefulTricia;3408919]Went to buy size 10 shorts since my size 12s are practically falling off. They didn't have 10s in any kind I liked so I bought a pair of 8ss, thinking I'd wear them in a few weeks. THEY FIT. That's my NSV of the day. Size 8 shorts. (They are for around the house. My legs aren't ready for the public just yet.)QUOTE]

OH that's wonderful!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!:carrot::cb::dance::dancer::flow1: :twirly::congrat:

Aunt Sheshie 07-28-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HopefulTricia (Post 3408919)
Went to buy size 10 shorts since my size 12s are practically falling off. They didn't have 10s in any kind I liked so I bought a pair of 8ss, thinking I'd wear them in a few weeks. THEY FIT. That's my NSV of the day. Size 8 shorts. (They are for around the house. My legs aren't ready for the public just yet.)

SUPER NSV!.. I'll bet your legs are better than you think...

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3408931)
:) BTW FYI I am 42

Still just a kid!..

hugs :hug:

tripmommy 07-28-2010 08:27 PM

[QUOTE=Coastalcrafter;3408885]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie (Post 3408881)
now if I could just get rid of that hangy-down stuff on the underside of my arms!.. it's shrinking, but not fast enough...QUOTE]

I bought a SHAKE weight! ( you know as seen on tv) I bought it in town at walmart I think..:angel:

Does it work?

HopefulTricia 07-28-2010 09:13 PM

[QUOTE=Coastalcrafter;3408946]
Quote:

Went to buy size 10 shorts since my size 12s are practically falling off. They didn't have 10s in any kind I liked so I bought a pair of 8ss, thinking I'd wear them in a few weeks. THEY FIT. That's my NSV of the day. Size 8 shorts. (They are for around the house. My legs aren't ready for the public just yet.)QUOTE]

OH that's wonderful!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!:carrot::cb::dance::dancer::flow1: :twirly::congrat:

[QUOTE=Aunt Sheshie;3408968]SUPER NSV!.. I'll bet your legs are better than you think... QUOTE]

Coastal crafter and Aunt Sheshie Thank you so much for the support--hope I never wake up from this dream....it just keeps getting better and better. Now, if we could just target the arms and legs.

Kelsey 07-28-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3408791)
if you've used this, what have been your findings and did you have any uncomfortable side effects? TERRIFIED of diarrhea cramps:(

I love it. I take it at night before bed. The next day I am great. NO cramps for me. Good luck.

Quote:

Went to buy size 10 shorts since my size 12s are practically falling off. They didn't have 10s in any kind I liked so I bought a pair of 8ss, thinking I'd wear them in a few weeks. THEY FIT. That's my NSV of the day. Size 8 shorts. (They are for around the house. My legs aren't ready for the public just yet.)
Melissa K -- you are the most sweetest. You organized and do the data entry for our 20 lb challenge. I am SO glad you thought of it!! What did you decide about the Lindora cake and hot chocolate? Do you want me to send you a package of each??

WOW to size 8s!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so great, tricia is wearing an 8, that is so great, oh sorry, it just became a little song!!! :carrot:

I'm going to order them! But thanks for the offer. I'm going to order why they are on sale
. :)

pitakitten 07-28-2010 09:54 PM

weighed in at the gym today by trainer...128 smack dead. He killed me today though, switched things all around and at the end goes "oh you'll be soar today..hahahaha"

off to shower....

hard to believe but it seems I am loosing more after phase I which I credit to working out. I was 129.2 last thursday with same clothing at the gym.

makeitmatter 07-28-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3409095)
weighed in at the gym today by trainer...128 smack dead.
hard to believe but it seems I am loosing more after phase I which I credit to working out. I was 129.2 last thursday with same clothing at the gym.

[QUOTE=HopefulTricia;3408919]Went to buy size 10 shorts since my size 12s are practically falling off. They didn't have 10s in any kind I liked so I bought a pair of 8ss, thinking I'd wear them in a few weeks. THEY FIT. That's my NSV of the day. Size 8 shorts. (They are for around the house. My legs aren't ready for the public just yet.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BooBooKitty (Post 3408649)
As if the news from my Dr yesterday wasn't great enough with my A1C @ 5.5 todays weigh in has me down 3 lbs this week...WooHoo :whoo:

:carrot: CONGRATULATIONS ladies! Yeehaw!:carrot:

nitenic 07-28-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter (Post 3408885)
I bought a SHAKE weight! ( you know as seen on tv) I bought it in town at walmart I think..:angel:

Can't wait to hear what you think of it! I've been wanting one of those even though I laugh when I see the infomercial. :D

Quote:

:carrot: Fantastic!! I can't wait to hit a few stores this weekend to see what size I'm in now.

mamaerinb 07-28-2010 10:26 PM

ever have one of those days where you want to kill your husband? well today is that day for me. i'll let you all know tomorrow if he lives.:devil:

pita-congrats on 128:D

tricia-sizes 8 are a~w~e~s~o~m~e aren't they?:)

Steph26 07-28-2010 10:34 PM

I am new to this site and on day ONE of IP. I am starving! Is this the norm only in the beginning or all the way through? I was just wondering if in Stage one anyone is exercising. I was told by my coach that it slows down your weight loss!? Any thoughts?

dietfrenzy 07-28-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessicaCourez (Post 3404928)
Hmmm...What Erin's coach said makes me wonder, what do the people who have phased out think about skipping phase 2 all together, if you get 100% to your goal weight? I should maybe be asking in the Life After Phase I thread, too. It seems like phase 2 slowly increases your calories, but I'm not sure what else it does for your body. Thoughts?

Jessica,
My coach has emphasized on multiple occasions that it is critical to follow each phase carefully. I am thinking of taking a break from the IP program to give myself and my body a break and I have to transition through each of the phases. He did say that the next time I come back and transition back to phase 1, then I can go to Phase 2, 3, and 4 much faster (not spend as much time) because my body would have been already adjusted. just a thought.

I've been on vacation for the last week so haven't caught up on the posts yet. I have been doing "OK" on the program, while on vacation has 3 restricted items each day. I know that is not good, but was a bit hard to plan food when I was on the go. On the other hand, I do have good news, today my hep C test was false positive. i am soooooooo happy! I could hug everyone on this planet! :carrot:

sillyputty 07-28-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3409149)
ever have one of those days where you want to kill your husband? well today is that day for me. i'll let you all know tomorrow if he lives.:devil:

YES those days happen every once and a while.... and there is a sarcastic tone there for sure....:devil:

pitakitten 07-28-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3409149)

dont do it! he makes good babies!

JessicaCourez 07-29-2010 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natchamp (Post 3408101)
JessicaCourez....I noticed you statement here as I was going through the posts trying to keep up. And perhaps others have already commented on it, but I haven't finished reading everything yet.

I think I understand your feelings on this. Everyone deals with weight loss a little differently. I have a very close friend that reached her goal weight and she had a very difficult time with comments. What I heard them say and what she heard were translated completely different. I heard encouragement, people were impressed, and they wanted the best for her. She heard and translated it as negative talk. And to quote her (this is not how I feel) she heard. "Wow, you've lost weight and you look great. It a good thing because you were really fat before." THAT IS NOT WHAT THEY SAID AT ALL! They said, "Wow, you've lost weight and you look great!" They said what they meant. There was no further translation necessary.

I know what you mean here -- and I think I meant more that I was tired of being the center of attention about it all the time -- I was tired of talking about it and I don't always want to tell people about the plan because their reaction is often less than supportive. I do know what you mean, but I don't think I explained it well. Mostly, I don't mind people saying nice things, but when they corner me about it and start asking a lot of questions, I just want to slink away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3408198)
2 notes re friends making comments about "this way" of loosing weight both said to me yesterday:

1- this is not healthy and wont last- my response: I am feeling healthy and we'll see how it goes (figured no sense in argueing).
2- I thought you were beautiful inside and out before- my response: awww that is so sweet of you; I agree but I was fat.

I have learnt not to say anything else. The unhealthy one did irck me out, we all know its not a healthy diet but its a means to an end which is justified by the results.

all else is well

I think what Pita is talking about was more of what I was trying to say, the other day someone basically accused me of developing an eating disorder (!) over this and I just wanted to SMACK them. I just don't want to talk about it because not all conversations have gone well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT (Post 3408435)
Well that answers 15 million questions I've had. I'm on a continuous dose of my BC because of my severe endometriosis as well as ovarian cysts that get so large they have to be surgically removed. (Last one was the size of a golf ball).

So it's probably going to be a good idea to contact of OBGYN and see what they say about getting onto something else. I've been having nonstop spotting/light period of almost 3 weeks now....which is exactly what my OBGYN DOESN'T want to happen.

Anyone had any success with a certain type of BC while on IP?

I'd multi quoted this before I saw there was a thread, but my OBGYN was both familiar with the diet and was supportive of me doing it. He said that it was absolutely true with BC pills, but with a local BC like NuvaRing or an IUD, those would be much more effective.

Whew! another crazy day before I could get caught up, and I'm not all the way through.