3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekly Chat July 26 - August 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/208161-ip-weekly-chat-july-26-august-1-a.html)

HopefulTricia 07-28-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey (Post 3407631)
What do you all think of these ingredients? It's the Lindora Chocolate cake:

Soy Protein Concentrate, Vital Wheat Gluten, Chocolate Liquor, Sugar, Butter Powder (from Milk), Pasteurized Egg Whites, Cocoa, Wheat Flour, Natural & Artificial Flavors (includes Tree Nuts [Walnuts]), Nonfat Milk, Maltodextrin, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Bicarbonate, Soy Lecithin, Cocoa Butter, Citric Acid, Gum Arabic, Red #40, Modified Cornstarch, Yellow #5, Monoglycerides, Propylene Glycol Esters of Fatty Acids, Lactic Acid, Corn Syrup Solids, Sucralose, Vanilla, Sodium Caseinate, Blue #1, Proplyene Glycol, Sodium Stearate, Acesulfame-K, Diacetylated Tartaric Acid Esters of Monoglycerides, Sulfites (contains Meta-Bisulfite [to preserve freshness]), Tocopherols and Ascorbyl Palmitate (to preserve freshness)

Do you remember a very long time ago when Jordanna was unhappy about not having any of her son's birthday cake? I sent her one of my Lindora chocolate cake packs. I haven't tried them yet but my vote would be, if the choices are Lindora or a real bakery cake... you know which to pick right? I have the Lindora cheesecakes too and a box filled with boxes of bars-(went a little crazy with buying when I first went to Lindora). I am saving it all for emergencies and the other phases. Also, I had the hot chocolate about 6 times in April or May when I was on a trip. It tastes great.I didn't lose a lot of weight that week but I think it was because of other stuff- not the Lindora.

BevS 07-28-2010 10:43 AM

Lindora is having a 30% off sale today through this Saturday, July 31.

shrinkingsusie 07-28-2010 11:06 AM

I have read that a lot of people bake wiht olive oil... I was told we aren't allowed... and wasn't really sure why... Maybe they just meant no frying with it?!

babsnwv 07-28-2010 11:16 AM

I feel pretty good this morning - had my crispy cereal for breakfast and already downed 3 glasses of water. Planning on eating lots of lettuce at lunch . . .

I didn't realize you had to be so darn strict with this, but I understand why. The way I have it figured, if I can lose 3 pounds a week, I'll be at my goal weight by the second or third week of March. I had set some milestone goals of 200 by 11/12/10, 175 by 2/14/11, 150 by 4/15/11 and goal of 125 by 7/15/11. I still think these are doable, but even March seems so far away. And while I'm not hungry right now for other foods (like pasta, cheese, milk, fruit. . . ), I'm still surrounded by it. And March is SOOO far away!!

So, I was thinking that 3 pounds a week, at least for a while, is a smaller, more manageable goal. And as someone said earlier, it's better to build successes, than worry over large figures than can seem overwhelming.

Just trying to get into the right frame of mind - sorry for rambling . . . :^:

Barbara

One for every five pounds lost:

:carrot::carrot:

WI #1: -8.2 lbs, -19.75 in. WI #2: -2.4 lbs, -10 in.

Novak 07-28-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babsnwv (Post 3407992)
The way I have it figured, if I can lose 3 pounds a week, I'll be at my goal weight by the second or third week of March. I had set some milestone goals of 200 by 11/12/10, 175 by 2/14/11, 150 by 4/15/11 and goal of 125 by 7/15/11. I still think these are doable, but even March seems so far away.

Just curious...

I posted regarding your interim goals awhile back... did you see it?

Marionm 07-28-2010 11:33 AM

Week 3 weigh in lost 4 pounds! That's a total of 17.7 pounds!:D

natchamp 07-28-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessicaCourez (Post 3407496)
It's getting to be a little, this is going to sound strange, but amost embarassing now with all the changes and people noticing how much I've lost. There is no way to avoid it now, even if I have old clothes on.

JessicaCourez....I noticed you statement here as I was going through the posts trying to keep up. And perhaps others have already commented on it, but I haven't finished reading everything yet.

I think I understand your feelings on this. Everyone deals with weight loss a little differently. I have a very close friend that reached her goal weight and she had a very difficult time with comments. What I heard them say and what she heard were translated completely different. I heard encouragement, people were impressed, and they wanted the best for her. She heard and translated it as negative talk. And to quote her (this is not how I feel) she heard. "Wow, you've lost weight and you look great. It a good thing because you were really fat before." THAT IS NOT WHAT THEY SAID AT ALL! They said, "Wow, you've lost weight and you look great!" They said what they meant. There was no further translation necessary.

I am fearful of doing that same negative talk. I already know that I have a mental block about the 200lb mark. Every time I reach 200lb something tramatic happens in life (breakup, parent gets cancer, someone dies) and I take it out of food. Right now I am at 209 and terrified! I've reached this point so many times before. So I took things into my own hands and took the plunge. Couseling. Ugh. I thought I would never do that in my life. It's not the solution for everyone, but it sure have been enlightening for me.

Low and behold I walk in and my couselor is Twiggy! 5'8" and probably tops out at 100lbs. She specializes in eating behaviors amongst other things. I had to get over her size. I don't know anything about her. She may be sick, she may desperately want to gain weight so she can fill out the butt of her jeans, who knows. But I do know that she has really helped me wrap my mind around my weight, what my goals are, and how to attain them.

She really has helped me really see myself in the mirror and look at what everyone else sees. She's right, most of us who are overweight have spent years, perhaps decades, talking about ourselves in a negative way. So focused on our weight that we can't see our positive features. Then when someone does compliment us, and perhaps compliments a feature that we dislike, then we change that compliment into a negative and poopoo their compliment.

So I started thinking about the things I had been saying to myself and they were horrible. And people do compliment things about me that I don't like. For example, my butt!

So all you ladies, check out your own rear in the jeans that you just wriggled into. Is it really that bad or are we making it worse in our own mind. If people are complimenting us on it, then it looks pretty darn good!

WannabeIP 07-28-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natchamp (Post 3408101)
JessicaCourez....I noticed you statement here as I was going through the posts trying to keep up. And perhaps others have already commented on it, but I haven't finished reading everything yet.

I think I understand your feelings on this. Everyone deals with weight loss a little differently. I have a very close friend that reached her goal weight and she had a very difficult time with comments. What I heard them say and what she heard were translated completely different. I heard encouragement, people were impressed, and they wanted the best for her. She heard and translated it as negative talk. And to quote her (this is not how I feel) she heard. "Wow, you've lost weight and you look great. It a good thing because you were really fat before." THAT IS NOT WHAT THEY SAID AT ALL! They said, "Wow, you've lost weight and you look great!" They said what they meant. There was no further translation necessary.

I am fearful of doing that same negative talk. I already know that I have a mental block about the 200lb mark. Every time I reach 200lb something tramatic happens in life (breakup, parent gets cancer, someone dies) and I take it out of food. Right now I am at 209 and terrified! I've reached this point so many times before. So I took things into my own hands and took the plunge. Couseling. Ugh. I thought I would never do that in my life. It's not the solution for everyone, but it sure have been enlightening for me.

Low and behold I walk in and my couselor is Twiggy! 5'8" and probably tops out at 100lbs. She specializes in eating behaviors amongst other things. I had to get over her size. I don't know anything about her. She may be sick, she may desperately want to gain weight so she can fill out the butt of her jeans, who knows. But I do know that she has really helped me wrap my mind around my weight, what my goals are, and how to attain them.

She really has helped me really see myself in the mirror and look at what everyone else sees. She's right, most of us who are overweight have spent years, perhaps decades, talking about ourselves in a negative way. So focused on our weight that we can't see our positive features. Then when someone does compliment us, and perhaps compliments a feature that we dislike, then we change that compliment into a negative and poopoo their compliment.

So I started thinking about the things I had been saying to myself and they were horrible. And people do compliment things about me that I don't like. For example, my butt!

So all you ladies, check out your own rear in the jeans that you just wriggled into. Is it really that bad or are we making it worse in our own mind. If people are complimenting us on it, then it looks pretty darn good!

I am gonna ring in on this as well..... take all the compliments you can get..... you are working hard to get healthy, lose some weight and feel better and by gosh you deserve to be complimented. Most of the time we are our own worst enemy we read more into things than we should, I blame low carb brain....:dizzy: just kidding.
Sometime comments may be negative but generally that comes from jealousy, so they are opionions that dont matter anyway. I have had a negative self image my whole life and it takes time to change it but I am working at it, I tell myself as often as possible that I am worth it, I am beautiful, powerful all the good things I usually say to others I am using on myself. I worked at losing the weight and now working at keeping it off. I am a work in progress... under construction so to speak.

Natchamp- dont even worry about the number your gonna kill it and before you know it your gonna be where you wanna be and thats what you gotta tell yourself, no cant, wonts, donts... can will do :hug: are our new mottos. Counseling is a great thing, well it has helped me anyway.

Novak 07-28-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannabeIP (Post 3408136)
I am a work in progress... under construction so to speak.

Do you have to wear a hard hat?

WannabeIP 07-28-2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3408147)
Do you have to wear a hard hat?

ABSOULTEY..... it is pink with flowers!!!!

natchamp 07-28-2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showgirlaz (Post 3407498)
Also, if you are starting to crave again, be it carbs or fats, it is likely that your body's serotonin chemistry is beginning to be effected. This is very normal. The body utilizes carbohydrates to keep up serotonin levels. Serotonin regulates the body's ability to control emotion, temperature, hunger, and sleep. Sleep is controlled by the serotonin being converted to melatonin after dusk. Omega oils also assist in this process as they are a key starting point for hormone chemistry.

When you feel yourself looking for a "carb" or "fat" or, even extra protein your body is likely trying to self adjust its chemistry. (remember you have gone a long while now without carbs therefore no glucose and little to no glycogen for it to draw on; it wants you to help it out here.) Try using a little more omega 3/6 or 3/6/9 oil. It helps with mood. You can also take melatonin (3mg is low and fine) at night as it will help spare any serotonin needed and make the next day a bit more manageable.

Peanut butter is a unique thing because a 2tbsp portion offers a fair amount of protein, a low amount of carbs, and high fat that also offer omega 3. AND, if you go for a processed PB it will contain sugar. I am constantly amazed by how clever and creative our body can be at finding ways around our way of "helping" it heal.

Another thing some people will start to crave is dairy in the form of whipping cream, sour cream, cheese, etc. It is not going to ruin ketosis generally. It will slow down loss for most. It isn't on plan because it is higher in fat than desired. But, it will be a craving for some because of the added fat.

Thank you very much. This completely logical and correspond very well with my research.

Novak 07-28-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannabeIP (Post 3408158)
ABSOULTEY..... it is pink with flowers!!!!

Nice... :D

pitakitten 07-28-2010 12:41 PM

2 notes re friends making comments about "this way" of loosing weight both said to me yesterday:

1- this is not healthy and wont last- my response: I am feeling healthy and we'll see how it goes (figured no sense in argueing).
2- I thought you were beautiful inside and out before- my response: awww that is so sweet of you; I agree but I was fat.

I have learnt not to say anything else. The unhealthy one did irck me out, we all know its not a healthy diet but its a means to an end which is justified by the results.

all else is well

WannabeIP 07-28-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3408163)
Nice... :D

Its smokin hot :sunny::flame: my friend ;) HEe Hee

WannabeIP 07-28-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3408198)
2 notes re friends making comments about "this way" of loosing weight both said to me yesterday:

1- this is not healthy and wont last- my response: I am feeling healthy and we'll see how it goes (figured no sense in argueing).
2- I thought you were beautiful inside and out before- my response: awww that is so sweet of you; I agree but I was fat.

I have learnt not to say anything else. The unhealthy one did irck me out, we all know its not a healthy diet but its a means to an end which is justified by the results.

all else is well

Interesting... you dont feel that this is a healthy program?? I know that my diet before was really unhealthy, I had the blood work and 70 pounds to prove it. I have had those same comments also, I just let them roll off my back, they dont live in my shoes.