Old 07-25-2010, 10:05 AM   #1  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Question Is using a restricted packet a good idea?

After 7 weeks of primarily pudding shakes and a few drinks, I wanted to try a restricted package (the pancake packet) BUT when I read the difference in carbs, calories, etc. between this and the Cappucino drink I don't know what to do.

Part of me thinks that it might fool my body and give it a boost in the right direction, and the other part of me says why fool with success. Has anyone out there had any experience with this?

I'd appreciate your opinion. Thanks.

Marilyn
pumpkyparry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #2  

I didn't eat any restricted packets for the first 3 weeks as directed by my IP coach and my Phase I protocol sheet. However, since then I've had 2-3 per week and I don't believe that they've done alot of harm. My weight loss has slowed down, but this is normal. I also cheated a little bit and this also slowed me down. I know that a lot of people here have 1 restricted packet per day and still lose consistently. If you're really concerned, on the day you have a restricted make sure the other 2 packets are the lowest carb ones possible. Hope this helps!
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:57 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post

I'd appreciate your opinion. Thanks.

Marilyn
You asked so nicely for our opinion!! I would say try it out and see what happens because basically we are all an experiment of one. During my IP journey, I went on a trip to San Francisco. We were out and about so each day I used a bar as my snack. Like you I worried, but when I returned from my trip and had my WI, I had lost 4.5lb. I use a restricted item about 3-4 times per week and my weightloss has been pretty steady. Let us know what you decide and how it works for you!
CUSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #4  

Talking Is using a restricted packet a good idea?

Thanks so much to both of you for your input...this is really helpful...I had the Capuccino for breakfast (awaiting your responses) and it was quite tasty...added some coffee and a tbsp of WF choc syrup, ice cubes and wizzed in the bullet.

I thought I might start out with one restricted per week..the only oops I had was when I couldn't resist the vinegar soy chips and the choc covered soy balls...skipped dinner and ate a package of each. I beat myself up over that one for several days then traded most of them for things I thought I could resist....I'm just a work in progress...

Your losses are great and very encouraging.

Marilyn
Old 07-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

I agree that it depends on the person. I have had periods when vacationing, extra hunger, etc. when I've had a restricted bar almost every day, and my loss was not slowed down those weeks. I think if I did it every day, all the time, it would probably be an issue. But, do a little experimenting and see what's right for you. Do you record your food? Fitday.com has a good tracker that you can use to track your food and your weight to see the cause and effect easily.
Stacey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:02 PM   #6  

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Do you record your food?
Yes, I'm still writing everything down in my green booklets and the Coach looks them over every week....the fear of the extra carbs and calories spooked me..I guess I'll have to ""put my big girl panties on" and try one and see.

Marilyn