Old 07-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #31  

Linden: I'd be curious to know where you are getting all of your info on IP's process of making the drinks. I know the info that you get off IP's website, and what the reps told us in the seminar on "how" the products are thus "why" they cost so much. What I question is "WHY" are New LIfestyles drinks packaged in the EXACT SAME packaging as IP's previous ones BEFORE the new IP label. There is a copyright infringement if IP/Pharmalab 1982 Inc uses the same exact packaging unless it IS the SAME product. Does that make sense to anyone else? I think IP is AWESOME.....don't get me wrong. It has worked for me and I'm excited w/the results & process. I, however, don't wish to continue to pay $105 dollars a week if I can get the SAME product at almost half the price. Comments please!!!
rocknrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #32  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrealtor View Post
Linden: I'd be curious to know where you are getting all of your info on IP's process of making the drinks. I know the info that you get off IP's website, and what the reps told us in the seminar on "how" the products are thus "why" they cost so much. What I question is "WHY" are New LIfestyles drinks packaged in the EXACT SAME packaging as IP's previous ones BEFORE the new IP label. There is a copyright infringement if IP/Pharmalab 1982 Inc uses the same exact packaging unless it IS the SAME product. Does that make sense to anyone else? I think IP is AWESOME.....don't get me wrong. It has worked for me and I'm excited w/the results & process. I, however, don't wish to continue to pay $105 dollars a week if I can get the SAME product at almost half the price. Comments please!!!
I believe you might be overthinking this.

Why don't you just order some drinks from New Lifestyle, and give them a try? Many people on these boards have used them with excellent success, myself (and my sister) included. Stressing about possible copyright infringement might be a counterproductive activity re: your weight loss process.

(They are marked, "not labeled for retail sale," BTW.)

If you have concerns about them not being the same and are more comfortable with the IP label, then continue to order through IP. But I am quite certain that IP--at least in the past--used the same premade drinks offered by New Lifestyle. That may have changed, or may be in the process of changing, but I believe that to be the case. If I am wrong, then I can only say with certainty that the NL premade drinks work just fine on the IP program, as you can see from my ticker.
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:07 PM   #33  

You are so right on Novak!!! Are you still able to go to IP and weigh in....or are you on your own with it? I really want to get to the end with the IP program,,,,,but am unsure if I'm not purchasing all of the foods if we (my sister and I too) will be able to continue w/weekly weigh ins as that is how they are making their money to continue w/the clinics.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #34  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
You are so right on Novak!!! Are you still able to go to IP and weigh in....or are you on your own with it? I really want to get to the end with the IP program,,,,,but am unsure if I'm not purchasing all of the foods if we (my sister and I too) will be able to continue w/weekly weigh ins as that is how they are making their money to continue w/the clinics.
At my clinic, they never even noticed... but I had purchased packets earlier, and they had no idea what was in my inventory. My sister has done the online version, put in an initial food order, and supplemented with the NL drinks.

I would just continue to go regardless and don't even mention it. Did you pay a fee up front or have you purchased other IP products from them? Or are you only using the premade drinks?

Hey, if they catch up with you and decide to toss you out, you can buy a good scale and a tape measure with the money you saved. I had no real coaching except this forum, so I stopped going to weigh-ins, bought a scale and kept my own stats. I'm none the worse for wear because of it!
Old 07-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #35  

I just checked the IP dot com site. The Canadian site has changed in the last two weeks.

They don't have a UHT drink offered, only UHT puddings - vanilla and chocolate.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:45 PM   #36  

I agree Novak! My sister even said that she has no idea how they even keep track either.

I think we are also leaning toward going to Weight Watchers as we get closer to goal so that we have a reason to weigh in once a month to be lifetime members. I have always thought WW was a good plan, just not quick enough wt loss for me to stay with it. IP on the other hand has been amazing that way! Keep up the great work on your own. Do you know how you will handle the next phase? Or do you have that info.

One additional side note.....for the member who said that IP has particular amino acids etc.......I just found something really amazing. The actual PHOTO of the bars on IP's website....is the exact same photo that is on Lindora's site for the vanilla peanut bar. Coincidence.......????.....or is it the same product with different packaging when it comes to us. I know Novak said I was overthinking this, but I feel like I've been baited and switched; Especially at $13.50 for a box of bars vs. IP's cost of $30 per box!!!

Icw32...you are right....no more premades on the IP website! Good catch. Wonder what the deal there is. Wonder why their drinks are "curdling" (as our IP rep said) and the others are available on NL?

Food for thought everyone.......just what we want eh?!!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 05:09 AM   #37  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
I agree Novak! My sister even said that she has no idea how they even keep track either.

I think we are also leaning toward going to Weight Watchers as we get closer to goal so that we have a reason to weigh in once a month to be lifetime members. I have always thought WW was a good plan, just not quick enough wt loss for me to stay with it. IP on the other hand has been amazing that way! Keep up the great work on your own. Do you know how you will handle the next phase? Or do you have that info.
I am in maintenance (Phase 4)... there is no Phase 5.

You can learn about the other phases in the "Life After Phase 1" thread, which I suggest you read before you switch to WW. It is crucial that you complete Phase 3 if you are planning to stop the program. Or you may decide that IP is a better weight management tool for life.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:48 AM   #38  

Novak, you have had wonderful results. I've read some of your previous posts and I'm curious which clinic you used to go to? Didn't you say they really coached you about Phase 3? I also live in Northern Va and have not gotten alot of info...thank goodness for these boards! My coach told me since I had been dizzy alot, it was time to go to Phase 3 when I went on vacation and I didn't realize the importance of strickly following it...gained 9lbs in 2 weeks
toothgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #39  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothgirl View Post
Novak, you have had wonderful results. I've read some of your previous posts and I'm curious which clinic you used to go to? Didn't you say they really coached you about Phase 3? I also live in Northern Va and have not gotten alot of info...thank goodness for these boards! My coach told me since I had been dizzy alot, it was time to go to Phase 3 when I went on vacation and I didn't realize the importance of strickly following it...gained 9lbs in 2 weeks
I go to a clinic in Reston. Not much coaching, except the visiting nutritionist/IP coach who did my initial workshop, and then did one for Phase 4--during that, she addressed Phase 3 as well, but I was already in Phase 4. Still, I learned a great deal about both. I was pretty much on my own to research Phase 3, which is why I started the "Life After Phase 1" thread--so other folks wouldn't have to go in blind.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:09 PM   #40  

Height: 5'10

I just checked Lindora on the Redy Mades and they are out of stock there too!
jamiblenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:37 AM   #41  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
New Lifestyle, $67.50 a case of 24; if you buy three cases (total over $200), shipping is free. It is the same nutritionally as the IP drinks, is made in Canada, and packaged in exactly the same boxes IP used to carry before they got their own labels.

The vanilla is in stock as is chocolate; mocha on back order. I still keep a supply on hand.
With new lifestyle do you have to sign up with them? I remember checking out the site and it looked like I had to buy the whole package, and I think it may have been Lindora as I think they are the only ones that ship to Canada? cant remember...
WannabeIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:53 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
With new lifestyle do you have to sign up with them? I remember checking out the site and it looked like I had to buy the whole package, and I think it may have been Lindora as I think they are the only ones that ship to Canada? cant remember...
I bought from New Lifestyle and didn't have to sign up. They did send a card of a coach and told me to call, which I wont. Also, they do still have the ready made drinks, as of last week. I bought a case. I tried to order from Lindora today and also got the 'unavailable' note. Grrr. Actually makes me think these really are the same things from the same manufacturer, just for different prices.

Early in my career, I did PR for a food processing plant that made pickles, relish and sauerkraut. I was on a tour once, and noticed that the brand wasn't running through the line. That's when they told me that they make and bottle the same stuff for the grocery off brands. Even said there is usually something small different, but usually not much.
JessicaCourez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #43  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

We have a program called TOPS here, "take off pounds sensibly" that is only $30 a year, and you go in for your weekly meetings and weigh-ins, so I am going to join that once I get closer to my goal to keep me motivated. I was going to join weight watchers, but this is a lot cheaper! I think I will keep it off a lot easier if someone else it weighing me!
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:29 PM   #44  

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I went into my local Dr. Bernstein clinic yesterday to buy the ready-made vanilla & chocolate drinks (which are exactly the same as IP but only $12.00 per 6 pack, rather than $22.50) and they were also out of the vanilla ready-mades. The woman at the clinic said that they are on back order and they don't know when they'll be getting more. Bought 2 chocolate and 2 mocha flavoured ones instead! Seems to be a continent-wide shortage!!!
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:37 PM   #45  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
No. I've spoken with them, and they know I did IP, but buy their premades in maintenance. She said, "Yes, they keep us honest, don't they?" Very nice folks. Excellent customer service. Just ordered 4 more cases.

Last edited by Novak; 07-31-2010 at 04:48 AM.