Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #1  

Default Newbie in Mid-stride

It's been interesting to read your posts. I've read all the stickies, even all 28 pages of August - October 2009! I'm a keener, what can I say? I've got an appointment for a consultation on Thursday with the coach whose location is most convenient for me.

I'm excited and a little nervous. Excited because 5 friends & acquaintances are doing IP, have had great results, and rave about it! Nervous because of the amount of packaged food, possible boredom, hunger and cravings.

I'm also a bit nervous about the protocol because of my height. I'm very tall, almost 6'2". My lean body mass is (or should be) about what some women weigh in total -- 130 lbs. Do they suggest one plan for women and a different one for men? I guess I'll see how knowledgeable and flexible the coach is when I meet her.

lcw=longcoolwoman

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-25-2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: grammar + punctuation
Old 07-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
It's been interesting to read your posts. I've read all the stickies, even all 28 pages of August - October 2009! I'm a keener, what can I say? I've got an appointment for a consultation on Thursday with the coach whose location is most convenient for me.

I'm excited and a little nervous. Excited because 5 friends & acquaintances are doing IP, have had great results, and rave about it! Nervous because of the amount of packaged food, possible boredom, hunger and cravings.

I'm also a bit nervous about the protocol because of my height. I'm very tall, almost 6'2". My lean body mass is (or should be) about what some women weigh in total -- 130 lbs. Do they suggest one plan for women and a different one for men? I guess I'll see how knowledgeable and flexible the coach is when I meet her.

lcw=longcoolwoman

As far as I know it is the same protocol, male or female, and only changes if you have diabetes. I have heard some Drs and coachs are more flexible. They seem to offer an extra packet or something extra for those who are much taller, larger, or carrying greater amounts of weight.

I am a large bone structure and have always carried a lot more lean body mass too. I am only 5'5 and my lean body mass right now is 123 pounds. I have lost some muscle on this diet. For me, I find that I do continue to be a little bit hungry even in ketosis. I don't have the cravings so much, occasionally I want peanut butter which is odd only because I have NEVER liked peanut butter. On days that the hunger is really bad and water or hot tea aren't taking care of it, I do have a little extra protein or an extra IP packet.

Good luck with the program! It will be great to have you join us in the general chat thread.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:55 PM   #3  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post

lcw=longcoolwoman
Hey, there. Welcome. And very best of luck. OMG! I almost said There's no way you can lose with this program. I'm so glad I didn't.

Last edited by Linden; 07-04-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #4  

showgirlaz & Linden: Thanks for the welcome! It's always a little weird posting for the first time. I'll post in the weekly chat now.
Closed Thread