Old 06-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/239.4/155

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy ketosis issues

Okay so I am getting discouraged today is day 7 of the diet....I have been following plan like I am suppose to but don't think I am in ketosis yet. My coach said when in ketosis I wont be hungry but everyday my stomach has been growling. I don't understand why I am not there yet? How long did it take for others to get into ketosis?

Kira
kkjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

I get hungry and I've been sticking in moderate ketosis since day 6. Are you getting in all your veggies and oil?
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #3  

Yes....I eat the 2 cups veggies with lunch and dinner plus lettuce at both. Get at least 1 teaspoon olive oil at lunch and dinner. Using the sea salt liberally...no cheating....getting lots of water. After all that my stomach has been growling and hungry everyday. It makes it so hard to keep going being hungry....if I could get into ketosis this diet would be a breeze!
Old 06-11-2010, 10:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

Have you tested your ketones yet with the strips? If not, go to wal-mart, target, cvs, walgreens, etc. in the diabetic section they sell ketone test strips. They're usually under $10 for at least 50 strips. You pee on them and then compare the color to the little chart on the container. Not everyone emits ketones through urine, some breathe them out. So if you're not registering them on the strips, don't be too discouraged.

After three days you should be in ketosis with the limited amount of carbs you're eating. To be completely honest, i was hungry the first week even though i was in ketosis. This feeling dissipates, i promise! I have finally nailed down an eating schedule that keeps me satisfied all day.

Breakfast: Packet, vitamins and water.
Lunch: BIG salad, two cups of veggies and water.
Afternoon snack around 2:30/3:00: I save my packet from lunch and eat it at this time.
Dinner: 5oz meat or 7oz seafood, two cups of veggies, another BIG salad, vitamins and water.
Snack: Packet and vitamins.

Try drinking herbal iced tea (no caffeine) or add a little lemon juice and stevia or splenda to your water and drink a lot during the day. This has helped me, hope this helps!
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkjensen View Post
Yes....I eat the 2 cups veggies with lunch and dinner plus lettuce at both. Get at least 1 teaspoon olive oil at lunch and dinner. Using the sea salt liberally...no cheating....getting lots of water. After all that my stomach has been growling and hungry everyday. It makes it so hard to keep going being hungry....if I could get into ketosis this diet would be a breeze!
are you only using olive oil or do you also take omega oil?

If you are only using olive oil.... add omega oils too. If you don't wish to do that increase your olive oil. You may be one of those people that needs extra healthy fats in your diet. There is a small (really, this doesn't apply to everyone) group of people who can't get and stay into ketosis unless they have an appropriate level of fats in their diet. Also, having a little extra fat will not hurt, will keep you more full.

Are you still in week 1? try adding an extra packet if you are. Sometimes the drastic reduction in calories is too much for some persons to adjust to, adding an extra packet the first week can help smooth things out.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:51 PM   #6  

Thanks for the tips...I am starting omega 3 today...probably add a little more olive oil too.....on the bright side all the hunger isn't for nothing...I lost 7.6 lbs and 7 inches!

Kira
Old 06-12-2010, 02:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

KKJensen:

Keep that up and Just watch! You will be dreaming of eating crazy non-IP foods!
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

Height: 5'3"

i'm day 11 now and i haven't been hungry the last few days but before that, i was getting hungry and without taking the strips, i've been in ketosis since day... 4'ish? I know because my fiancé tells me my breath is absolutely horrible - bad breath with a chemically smell. about a week in, he said he can smell it emitting from my body, not just from my breath. When we go to bed, i can't even face him and talk, unless i cover my mouth with the covers

I can't really notice it. Every once inawhile I burp, and it tastes like I ate a bunch of pesticides or preservatives or something...
AngieEH is offline   Reply With Quote