Old 06-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

showgirlaz: Thanks for the info. I am getting 4000mg of omega oil. I did start out slow with the olive oil. I just increased from 2tsp to 2tbs a couple days ago. That does seem to help.
doxigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #32  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
showgirlaz: Thanks for the info. I am getting 4000mg of omega oil. I did start out slow with the olive oil. I just increased from 2tsp to 2tbs a couple days ago. That does seem to help.
Try using herb teas. I know it sounds crazy but somehow I think the warmth helps soothe the stomach cramps/emptiness.

I like ginger teas, peppermint, real red raspberry, red clover, nettle, chai spice, licorice, and a good black tea (PG Tips is my fav). The Herb teas are good in other ways too as the herbal elements are deemed somewhat medicinal. That isn't a proven thing in most circles. You can research one you are interested in and then decide for yourself.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Thanks for the WF peanut butter idea for the IP shakes --- I almost threw out my WF peanut butter because I used it to dip my celery sticks in and it was horrible!! (not the right consistancy at all)

Does anyone know of a way I can make the WF ranch dressing taste better?
elle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:44 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

Height: 5'3"

I bought a bottle of Ranch from my coach yesterday and I like it
AngieEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:47 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
Thanks for the WF peanut butter idea for the IP shakes --- I almost threw out my WF peanut butter because I used it to dip my celery sticks in and it was horrible!! (not the right consistancy at all)

Does anyone know of a way I can make the WF ranch dressing taste better?
Check one of the earlier posts in this topic. There was a really good suggestion on how to doctor up the ranch dressing. I still can't get myself to like it though.
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:35 PM   #36  
Dave - The Speedo King

Default Target

My local Target has 4 different kinds of the WF dressings - Ranch, Honey Dijon, Caesar and Thousand Island. They also have the mayo and the ketchup. The dressings cost less there than anywhere else I've found, online included.

If you buy in quantity, they're pretty cheap from Amazon.com. I've just never needed 12 bottles of WF ranch...

I like to add a little splenda, some dried parsley and some dried dill weed to my WF Ranch, plus just a touch of mustard.

I've also discovered that I can mix some of the WF mayo and some skim milk with parsley, dill, onion and garlic powder, some black pepper and some sea salt, with just a touch of oregano, and it makes for a decent ranch dressing. I'm not a coffee drinker, so I use my 1 oz of milk as part of the dressing.

If you need an alternative to the pancake syrup it's pretty easy to find sugar-free coffee flavorings (I have some french vanilla that's really good on the orange pancakes) that you can add to the puddings, shakes, and on the pancakes. It's generally cheaper than the WF. Just make sure it's sorbitol and not aspartame.

Last edited by salesgod; 06-11-2010 at 01:37 PM.
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #37  
Dave - The Speedo King

Default Don't forget the hot sauce

Almost all bottled hot sauce fits the bill. I'm a big fan of Tapatio and Cholula, and I've found that adding some hot sauce to the WF ranch is pretty good, and I also add it to the dressings I make myself.

In fact, equal parts soy sauce, olive oil, and water, with some sea salt, black pepper and a few drops of Cholula work really well as a salad dressing on your basic spring mix/field greens.
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:52 PM   #38  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Just make sure it's sorbitol and not aspartame.
Did you mean sucralose (splenda) instead of sorbitol? Sorbitol is a sugar alcohol.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:56 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 209/184/150

Height: 5'4"

I just placed an order on www.netrition.com (thanks to whoever posted that discounted website)... I'm so excited I can already taste chocolate sauce in my crispy cereal, peanut butter in my choc pudding and/or on my celery, and I'm excited to try the sesame ginger salad dressing. Yesterday was a rough day for me - but I'm determined to make today a better one!!! Have a great SUNday everyone !!!!!
beckywelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:44 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

Height: 5'3"

I went today to buy the peanut spread, Asian dressing, and original BBQ sauce - walked out of there with all three for $14.xx including tax. Can't go wrong with that

I asked the guy at the store and he said Asian and Honey Dijon are the most popular selling ones (out of the dressings).
AngieEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:21 AM   #41  
Motivated IP-er

S/C/G: HW313(2007) 264(IP)/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I actually like the Creamy Bacon Ranch, in small doses. But then again, I wasn't a big dressing user before, only a bit of crumbled blue cheese (banned). I didn't like the Blue Cheese, actually returned it to the store.

I'd like to try the sugar-free Thousand Island dressing, but it's 4 g fat per 2 Tbsp, so I don't think I can have it...
sgorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:07 PM   #42  

Height: 5'10

Smile Walden Farm Products

I am new to this site but I have tried a majority of the WF products, I really like the Veggie Dips for my celery, broccoli and also for dipping pickles in.

The Thousand Island is my favorite as well, or if I wanted a little tang in my life I use the Italian.

For the Mayo I like to make my own tuna salad with it, mix some mayo with your sea salt, some pepper, and canned tuna (in water of course drained) and then I spread it on my celery so then I am having my meat and my vegtable all in one.

Peanut Butter is still up in the air- I have found some recipies for it on this site so I may give it another shot.

I am going to try out that Vanilla pudding with the strawberry on top... my mouth actually started to water when I was reading it
jamiblenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 268/229/140

Height: 5'8"

Okay so I have also tried pretty well the vast majority of the products and here is my conclusion.

My faves**
-Thousand Island dressing (no weird chemical taste in this one)
-Chocolate syrup (good in the cappucino)
-Caramel syrup (not sure what to do with it yet but may be good in vanilla)
-Hickory smoked BBQ sauce

WF products that are okay
-Jams
-Mayo
-Honey Dijon dressing (have to work with it)

Products I dont like
-Peanut Butter (still trying to work with it but ewww)
-Caramel dip (has weird taste)
-Balsamic dressing

hope this helps =)
juliec1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:19 PM   #44  

I have to say that the WF Peanut Spread has become a new favourite. Add a tbsp of it to the IP chocolate pudding mix with water and ice, blend and voilą...peanut butter cup smoothie. YUM!
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

I just threw out my WF Honey Dijon salad dressing. I couldn't get it to taste like anything other than nasty. I hate throwing stuff away...it's money down the drain.

I'll be looking for the peanut butter at the store next time I go. I can honestly say I miss peanut butter pretty bad.
Soon 2 B MrsT is offline   Reply With Quote