Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 12:21 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Im getting very excited ! My husband will be home on wed ! I am kinda of nervous because he has not seen me since Ive lost all this weght .He is going to be so surprised ! Ive already lost 3 more lbs since my weigh in on Tuesday ! Hoping for 5 this week !
Old 04-30-2010, 02:00 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Before & After Pictures

Hey all! Thought I would jump on the band wagon and throw up some pictures. Here are some before and after pictures - the first three are before IP and the last two are from this last weekend at my friend Megan's bridal shower
Attached Images
File Type: jpg summer 2009.jpg (36.0 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg summer 2009 2.jpg (26.5 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg xmas 2009.jpg (25.3 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Meg's Shower.jpg (24.4 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Meg's Shower2.jpg (32.7 KB, 61 views)
Old 04-30-2010, 07:24 AM   #228  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdadozer View Post
I am so with you on this one.... It has been a real eye opener for me. I got a big fight with my fiancé last night and the first thing I WANTED to do (but didn't) was eat something. I've talked to my coach about this and she suggested I keep 2 or 3 midget tootsie rolls in my purse for emergency sake. I had 1 yesterday.

On the upside... I am still on the plan, down 3.2 lbs so far since Tuesday morning! I had the flu Sunday and Monday and was stressed out about being off the plan but couldn't take it but I still did ok.

I'm officially down a total of 6.2 lbs in my first week!

I've been so busy at work that haven't had as much time on here, but I'm trying to keep up.
Don't worry about being off plan if you are sick. It is hard work to diet when you are healthy. Just do your best and you will be fine. The diet will take care of itself when you are well. It looks like your 1st week has gone very well. Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemiesse View Post
Hello everyone,

I am new on here having started the IP diet 8 days ago. I feel great now and am doing amazingly well in terms of not cheating. I had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 6 pounds. For the past two days however, the scales have not budged. I haven't put weight on, just haven't lost an ounce. I am a scale hopper and am becoming frustrated that I have become stuck already! The only thing I can think that is maybe making an impact on not losing any weight could be the sugar free gum i'm chewing and maybe the coffee even though I use splenda and 1 oz fat free milk.... is anyone else having these same issues?

I am so glad to have found this forum, its great to talk about this stuff with people who understand!
Welcome to the forum! 6 lbs is terrific your first week. Don't be surprised if week 2 is less. Week 2 is considered a dreaded week for most diets. I think your body gets a little freaked out from the 1st week and it has to realize you are not starving. Be careful how much gum you are chewing and I have been told it should only be gum with zylitol. I still find the gum makes me feel hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Hey all! Thought I would jump on the band wagon and throw up some pictures. Here are some before and after pictures - the first three are before IP and the last two are from this last weekend at my friend Megan's bridal shower
Great pictures! Your weight loss is terrific! You can definitely tell. Hang in there and keep on losing!
Old 04-30-2010, 08:29 AM   #229  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I am new on here having started the IP diet 8 days ago. I feel great now and am doing amazingly well in terms of not cheating. I had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 6 pounds. For the past two days however, the scales have not budged. I haven't put weight on, just haven't lost an ounce. I am a scale hopper and am becoming frustrated that I have become stuck already! The only thing I can think that is maybe making an impact on not losing any weight could be the sugar free gum i'm chewing and maybe the coffee even though I use splenda and 1 oz fat free milk.... is anyone else having these same issues?

I am so glad to have found this forum, its great to talk about this stuff with people who understand!
Sounds to me like you're doing great. We get spoiled with the rapid weight loss, especially in the beginning BUT if you look at my numbers, I lost 10 lbs the first week and then 4 the second. There have to be some days when the scale doesn't move. Of course, I for one, would be happy with a pound a day every day!! Just keep up the good work and find other ways to stay motivated besides the scale-- like when you fit into smaller sizes or you notice how much easier you are able to move or cross your legs.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:43 AM   #230  

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Lots of people on the boards have been told that gum is a no-no unless it's spry gum. I have heard that if you rinse the gum off first it's better. Some gums make your body think it's receiving sugars and asks your pancreas to release insulin. (I'm not a gum chewer so I don't have first hand experience).

Also, you just lost 6 lbs, sometimes your body needs a moment to recover. GIve it time, what other diet would you lose 6 lbs on? Sometimes my body drops a pound or two overnight. Keep working at it, if you aren't cheating the pounds will come off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Im getting very excited ! My husband will be home on wed ! I am kinda of nervous because he has not seen me since Ive lost all this weght .He is going to be so surprised ! Ive already lost 3 more lbs since my weigh in on Tuesday ! Hoping for 5 this week !
CW - I am so so so excited for you and can't wait to hear about the homecoming!!! My husband was gone for 5 weeks and I couldn't wait to see him so I can't imagine....Best wishes!!

Quote:
Great pictures CK!!! You're doing amazing!
Old 04-30-2010, 09:07 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Are you taking the enzymes sold by IP. They don't offer them unless you are having bowel issues. They are supposed to help with the constipation and with the loose stools. That same thing happened to my friend for a couple days in week 2 I believe. Her coach told her the fat had to go somewhere, you breathe it out, you pee it out or you know what may have happened in your case. Do you feel ill? This may clear up in a day or so.
Funny thing, I haven't tried IP's enzymes, but as my remote coach strongly recommended enzymes for digestion, I took the ones my company makes (I've even had 1 IP coach I recently met order them from me as she likes them better then IP's, we only sell to health care practitioners, so she will be offering them as an alternative for her dieters) I never had any problems with this throughout, which I attribute to the enzymes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
I'm sending awesome thoughts your way, my boyfriend was in the navy, though never overseas, and when he was at different bases, I know how hard it is, have an awesome time, I'm so excited for you!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 09:18 AM   #232  

Height: 5'10"

Chaplains Wifey: I'm so excited for you! Your husband will be blown away at the transformation of his wife!

Ckanable: Thanks for sharing the pictures, you look marvelous!

Welcome to the new IPers! Week 2 is less loss than week 1, I think we get so excited when we see the big number the first week we think "Hey this will be smooth sailing". And then week two comes along and the wind comes out of our sails a bit. Just remember, this isn't a sprint race - it's a marathon! (Yes I'm also a track mom!).

We are traveling tomorrow to a track meet. I've got my cooler on the counter ready to be packed with my veggies and my vanilla shakes. My boss used to have this saying he'd tell us, "Remember the five P's - Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance." Good advice, huh?! Have a great Friday!!
Old 04-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #233  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

IS everybody ready???? I made it! I'm in WONEDERLAND and it is Wonderful! I was a bit let down because i only lost 2 lbs! But hey I've watched the numbers which when I started in March read 22#.#, then 21#.#, 20#.# but not today ... TODAY they read 198.8, so I'm thrilled. It's great motivation to BEHAVE on the cruise. I don't want to come home and feel like I let myself down.

On another note. I asked him to really look at my journal and see if I'm doing anything wrong becuase the past 2 WIs have been only 2lbs. and he couldn't find anything. I pointed out how much water I'm retaining, and that I have cut back on my salt because of it. He told me that cutting back is the reason that I'm retaining. He said with as much water as I'm drinking, if I'm not eating enough salt, my body is going to try to retain water (and it really has been - a few weeks ago my rings were flying and now they are stuck, and I have had hardly any salt at all). So this week it's back to making sure I'm getting my salt.

Another thing came up, I wonder if any of you have ever heard of it. Rocket Fuel week??? When I return next Sunday I will eat 5 IP Packets a day: 1 brkfst, 1 lunch, 2 dinner and 1 snack. NO veggies, NO salads, No non IP foods at all. It's kind of exciting, so has anyone else heard of it or done it??? Let me know if so and how did it go.

Last edited by Kelsey; 04-30-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:50 AM   #234  
Lemiesse

S/C/G: 169/163/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Thanks for the welcomes - I really am so happy to be here! So, from what I can see, i'm not the only one with slowed weight loss in week 2. I stepped on the scales after I woke up this nmorning and I had lost 2 oz. I know that it is a loss and am looking to the overall goal - now if only I could refrain from stepping on those scales, the weigh in would be so much more but I can't!

You all look like you're doing so well... I can't wait for my ticker and see the results in front of me too!

Chaplains Wifey, how long has your husband been gone? We too are in the military and every time he deploys I try desperately to lose weight but it doesn't happen... your husband will be thrilled, ypu look amazing!
Old 04-30-2010, 09:53 AM   #235  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
Silly question....

When does the "I feel great" part of this diet begin because I feel tired, grumpy, and tired. Yes, I'm only on Day 6, but I thought I would have felt a hint of the 'land of happiness' that everyone told me about.

Don't mind me and my grumbles.....
Pookie-Don't stress--Some say by the end of the first week. However, I didn't feel great until my second weigh in. Pretty sure that once I saw the weight continue to come off, my moods got better.

To those who are discouraged by a decrease in numbers--Hang in there!! I have never lost more than 3-3.5 pounds a week...however, even on the weeks where I only lost 1 pound or even (yikes!) gained--after picking myself up, I realized how far I have come in the journey. May 6 will mark my 3rd month on IP...best decision I have made next to marrying my husband. (Who by the way, is also on IP)
Old 04-30-2010, 10:38 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thanks for the welcomes - I really am so happy to be here! So, from what I can see, i'm not the only one with slowed weight loss in week 2. I stepped on the scales after I woke up this nmorning and I had lost 2 oz. I know that it is a loss and am looking to the overall goal - now if only I could refrain from stepping on those scales, the weigh in would be so much more but I can't!

You all look like you're doing so well... I can't wait for my ticker and see the results in front of me too!

Chaplains Wifey, how long has your husband been gone? We too are in the military and every time he deploys I try desperately to lose weight but it doesn't happen... your husband will be thrilled, ypu look amazing!
My husband has been gone a little over 7 months . He is coming home for R&R for two weeks . We are very excited . Yes I kow what you mean . I have tried before also . This diet is great and it works and you feel so good on it . I know you can do it !
Old 04-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #237  

KELSEY - Congrats to you!!! Have a fabulous time on your cruise!!

CW - I can only imagine how excited you are to see your husband!! He is going to be so surprised!!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #238  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
WOW look how wonderful you are looking! Great Job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
IS everybody ready???? I made it! I'm in ONEDERLAND and it is Wonderful!
WOOO HOOOO!!!!! Welcome to Onederland!!!!! it's a wonderful thing isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Another thing came up, I wonder if any of you have ever heard of it. Rocket Fuel week??? When I return next Sunday I will eat 5 IP Packets a day: 1 brkfst, 1 lunch, 2 dinner and 1 snack. NO veggies, NO salads, No non IP foods at all. It's kind of exciting, so has anyone else heard of it or done it??? Let me know if so and how did it go.
oh wow I would LOVE to do that!!! does it speed things up? man it would be SOOOO much easier for me cause my issue is the veggies LOL

Can you tell me if they said that would make you lose faster?
Old 04-30-2010, 11:15 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 240/227/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:

Breaking the 200 mark is huge! Congrats! You have me motivated to stay on track. That is a large goal for me! Enjoy the cruise. I have always lost weight on cruises. Although the food is in mass, there are more healthy options that I tend to have around my house on a daily basis.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 139/130.5/110

Height: 5' 2"

Had my WI last night. Down another 3.5 lbs! That's 7 for my first 2 weeks! I have also lost 2 inches in the waist and 4 in the hips!!

I am also very excited about being able to work out now. I went to an aqua aerobics class last night. It was very fun. I am going to another class tomorrow.

I an getting a lot of inspiration from the group. Thanks.
Closed Thread