3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Chat - week of Apr 26 - May 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/200362-ip-chat-week-apr-26-may-2-a.html)

Teresad 04-26-2010 12:43 PM

IP Chat - week of Apr 26 - May 2

Hey all - thought I'd start a new chat thread for the week...

To keep the moderators happy - maybe we should try to ask specific questions that we're expecting/hoping for multiple answers in separate threads... this will also help us find info on a question in one thread rather than scattered throughout multiple chat threads... just a thought.

thanks,
Teresa

Calgarygirlie 04-26-2010 01:03 PM

WI for my 3rd week on IP 5lbs!!!!! Yay! I am shocked how well this works. I know I have said it before but it really does seem a little surreal. I keep thinking I am going to wake up and the scale will be up. But not today!

Yay for you too Jordanna!

deinekatze 04-26-2010 01:11 PM

well I have to share... ever been SO hungry you can't sleep? For some reason that was me last night! I could not help it!

I finally got up and took a teaspoon of peanut butter (it was what I found) and then was finally able to sleep.... What was that about?

I am in ketosis today so I guess I'm ok...although starving again.

Someone asked on the last thread about eating times. As a trainer I tell people within the first hour you are awake its best and then small meals every 3 to 4 hours BUT with IP we don't have that luxury... I notice that as soon as I have my morning shake I start being REALLY hungry, I can't go too long before another meal happens...

deinekatze 04-26-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BevS (Post 3264038)
Just letting people know if you're interested in Lindora's sales, they are having a 30% off sale on shakes, beverages, and puddings now through April 28.

Thanks for the heads up!

Just placed an order... going with all non restricted (i.e. under 7 carbs) Hope they taste good!

carlasherea 04-26-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie (Post 3264535)
WI for my 3rd week on IP 5lbs!!!!! Yay! I am shocked how well this works. I know I have said it before but it really does seem a little surreal. I keep thinking I am going to wake up and the scale will be up. But not today!

Yay for you too Jordanna!

AWESOME JOB!!! :carrot: You should be very proud :bravo:

carlasherea 04-26-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deinekatze (Post 3264548)
well I have to share... ever been SO hungry you can't sleep? For some reason that was me last night! I could not help it!

I finally got up and took a teaspoon of peanut butter (it was what I found) and then was finally able to sleep.... What was that about?

I am in ketosis today so I guess I'm ok...although starving again.

Someone asked on the last thread about eating times. As a trainer I tell people within the first hour you are awake its best and then small meals every 3 to 4 hours BUT with IP we don't have that luxury... I notice that as soon as I have my morning shake I start being REALLY hungry, I can't go too long before another meal happens...

I feel that way sometimes too. I drink my shake in the morning and about 10am I have my 2 cups of veggies. At noon, I eat my lettuce salad and then around 3 or so I have my lunch IP Packet. Dinner is around 6 and then I eat my snack around 8 or so. Spacing it out is really so helpful! Try it and see:cheer3:

brocola 04-26-2010 03:30 PM

Back on the wagon, but man am I draggin! It's like starting from the beginning! I can't believe I'm that sensitive to sugar/carbs that I'm having such withdrawal again after only two non-IP days!! Talk about learning a lesson the hard way. SIGH.

How do some people jump back and forth between IP and not without feeling so sick?

Mom22 04-26-2010 04:19 PM

Just checking in to say that there is life after IP. I am into the maintenance phase and things have been going well. I started IP at the end of October and dealt with a lot of the very same issues as others. Boredom, finances, motivation and family support (good and bad). I stuck with it because I was determined that I was only going to do this once - even when I only lost 1 lb, i did lose. There's no way I was going to have those naysayers be right. I lost 50 lbs - that's 1/4 of my weight! I feel very different and clothes shopping is a joy - can't believe how small my clothes look when I hold them up. I have people that I haven't seen for a while and they don't recognize me - weird but true.

I did have a blow out weekend with drinks and lots of food (even had a dish of kraft dinner - sorry) and treats - I'm doing Phase 1 today to get back on track. I do know how to get back on track now - never used to and my blowout would have continued for days, weeks, months....decades.

My weight fluctuates a couple of pounds - there's the word out there that everyone gains back 5 lbs after this diet - don't know where that comes from - I haven't gained back and in fact if I watch what i eat for a couple of days, i'm back down. I think that you are really never over dieting - and you shouldn't be - we will always need to watch what and how we eat - I figure if i eat like i did before, i'll look like i did before too.

I'm only sharing to help motivate. There were lots of times on this diet that this board helped me to stay on track - hearing from others, their challenges and successes made me feel like i wasn't alone - support sure helps.

babs181 04-26-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom22 (Post 3264851)
Just checking in to say that there is life after IP. I am into the maintenance phase and things have been going well. I started IP at the end of October and dealt with a lot of the very same issues as others. Boredom, finances, motivation and family support (good and bad). I stuck with it because I was determined that I was only going to do this once - even when I only lost 1 lb, i did lose. There's no way I was going to have those naysayers be right. I lost 50 lbs - that's 1/4 of my weight! I feel very different and clothes shopping is a joy - can't believe how small my clothes look when I hold them up. I have people that I haven't seen for a while and they don't recognize me - weird but true.

I did have a blow out weekend with drinks and lots of food (even had a dish of kraft dinner - sorry) and treats - I'm doing Phase 1 today to get back on track. I do know how to get back on track now - never used to and my blowout would have continued for days, weeks, months....decades.

My weight fluctuates a couple of pounds - there's the word out there that everyone gains back 5 lbs after this diet - don't know where that comes from - I haven't gained back and in fact if I watch what i eat for a couple of days, i'm back down. I think that you are really never over dieting - and you shouldn't be - we will always need to watch what and how we eat - I figure if i eat like i did before, i'll look like i did before too.

I'm only sharing to help motivate. There were lots of times on this diet that this board helped me to stay on track - hearing from others, their challenges and successes made me feel like i wasn't alone - support sure helps.

I completely second this, I'm only 2 weeks into Maintenance, but am having the same experience as you!!!!:dizzy:

pookee 04-26-2010 04:49 PM

mom22 and babs181 - Congratulations and great to know that the maintenance plan works!! I always hear the naysayers comment that I'll just gain it all back... some people are just so cruel.

Calgarygirlie 04-26-2010 05:25 PM

Thanks Carla!!!

Mom22 and babs......thank you for the update, it is good to know what is ahead, and how great it can be. I have plenty of naysayers as well, but I think I will just silence them with results. I feel pretty darn good about my last 3 weeks :)

ChelleFL 04-26-2010 06:30 PM

Haven't been on for a week or so. Progress is still really slow, but I finally got below 180. YaHoo!!!

Reunion is this weekend and really want to take off at least 5 lbs, but I only seem to lose 2 lbs a week. I'm being really strict, and I started walking 2 miles a day a week ago. I guess that is the best I can hope for with all the stress I've been under and my thyroid.

Calgarygirlie 04-26-2010 07:08 PM

Chelle Below 180!!!! Gotta love seeing a new set of numbers :)

FlourishGirl 04-26-2010 07:13 PM

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom22 (Post 3264851)

Thank you for posting your experience. It really helps to know that once I am done with my strick 6 weeks that I can relax once in a while without stressing about adding back 15 pounds from one or two days of carbs. :^:

hateusernames 04-26-2010 08:00 PM

Hi everyone, I posted on the two day thread, but just found this weekly thread. Hope everyone has good numbers, and survived the weekend. I have good news, at my WI this morning I was down 6.2 pounds! All the salad and bootcamp living is paying off. Onederland here I come!:carrot: