Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:32 PM   #166  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Congratulations on your loss, that's awesome! I will give your office a call tomorrow. It would be a lot more convenient to get to than my dr's office, if the price isn't higher.
Great I won't be there(I just do part-time) but Geri should be. She's a busy bee so if you call and she's in an appointment just leave a message with our wonderful receptionist Afton(who's also lost on IP).

As for cost, not sure what the consultation fee is for the first appointment but I do know that it's $81 per week for 21 packets(she may recommend you do 4 packets a day your first week though) and no charge for the weekly weigh-in/consultation.

Good luck!
Old 04-29-2010, 12:07 AM   #167  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
DK could you elaborate a little on the birth control issue while on IP? I currently have the Implanon implant in my arm and my coach knew this from my questionaire. I'm worried if there's a problem I need to speak to my Dr.

On the other hand, I have actually felt less cranky and more in control of my emotions since starting this. I normally have a short fuse but lately it seems like I've been on cloud nine.
yes you feel better as it is getting things under control but DO ask your IP coach about that, tell him/her to call the people that know for sure for an answer... My coach immediately told me "birth control is not as effective when on IP" and seeing as how my period did come and didn't come for like a week and threw my whole cycle of I kind of believe it LOL.

They said to be EXTRA cautious basically.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:09 AM   #168  
getting back on track

someone else has also posted this on a thread from March
"Hey, for all the ladies with questions about their cycles and TOM, I hope that everyone got the message from their clinic that they should be extra careful with birth control on IP since everything is so different. My counselor had one client that learned that one the hard way! Just throwing that out there..... "
Old 04-29-2010, 12:40 AM   #169  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
Mom 22, I so appreciate your input here. Yes, I am fully aware from a friend that the IP markup is 100%.She found it so frustrating that her coach almost worshiped IP but cut her down if she had no weight loss--even though inches were lost. He was very accusatory. I'm also surprised how many of you are using chicken broth, DaVinci SF flavorings, extracts and not being admonished by the coach b/c my friend finally had to just walk away from his tyranny. We are actually working together on finding less expensive alternatives and they are definitely out there. She continues to lose inches Dr. Tran Tien Chan's way. It never cost me $4 per meal to eat before. I'm pretty simple and a bargain shopper. From now on, I'm referring to Dr. Tran Tien Chan as my coach and all of you, too. I'm printing out his book and it's true, he talks about a "portion of protein", not the IP itself. He purports a specific amount of protein, fat, electrolytes, carbs in each phase. Hey, he should know, right??? Anyway, Mom 22, thanks a million b/c I am watching my friend shrink and she is so much happier now that she is no longer under the accusatory / scolding tone of a coach who really didn't coach but just pushed product. We're both going to adhere to Dr. TTC b/c he is the real expert on all this.
I think it is great that people can do this on their own and with different, alternative products. ALL people should have available to them what works to correct their body and to gain good health. As you read the Ebook by Dr Chan and review all of his website videos/tutorials, Don't be surprised, but you will see him say "he does not advocate doing this diet by oneself without medical supervision." So, if you go that route also, SEE YOUR DOCTOR, maybe get bloodwork to make certain you are staying in the best of health. After all, that is recommended for any stringent diet and this one is a ketogenic diet that rapidly changes body chemistry and, when not in ketosis, is simply a starvation diet.

I am so glad to hear you and your friend have each other locally for support! I am sure that will be great fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey everyone - been out of the game for a few days with my laptop being down - hard drive died on it. With a 1 year old it's near on impossible to get down to my desktop in my office!
Glad to see you back! Wishing you the best with the computer. That was such a drama for me back in February/March. Took them forever to find the gremlin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
I love it too I literally say it outloud to myself sometimes. I also saw a new one that cracked me up....

DON'T WAIL AT THE SCALE, IF YOU CHEAT WHEN YOU EAT!!

LOVE IT <3
LMAO!! I love the Don't wail at the scale quote! I must put that up around the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
thank you for clarifying. I was quoting the coach but obviously she doesn't know much as she had never seen spotting happen to anyone else before.
I have had very weird monthly activity since the fourth week on this program. I have had many changes to the cycle itself and the timing!!! WELL, let me say, I always keep a little something with me! LOL

Quote:
Great I won't be there(I just do part-time) but Geri should be. She's a busy bee so if you call and she's in an appointment just leave a message with our wonderful receptionist Afton(who's also lost on IP).

As for cost, not sure what the consultation fee is for the first appointment but I do know that it's $81 per week for 21 packets(she may recommend you do 4 packets a day your first week though) and no charge for the weekly weigh-in/consultation.

Good luck!
What kind of work do you do? Are you in a Dr office or a med spa or something else? How did your coach get started with the product and coaching, if you know?
Old 04-29-2010, 08:45 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

By the way, she has a weight problem too and just recently lost weight, I think I am just breathing down her neck a little and she doesn't like it. I guess I will have to let her know what I'm doing, so she can quit talking about it to everyone but me![/QUOTE]

CARLA: Aren't sisters FUN? I saw mine a couple of weeks ago when all of my family was down. She was here for 5 days and finally, on day 4 asked me what I was doing. My hubby and I got her the info sheets, talked her through it etc. Later that night, she was discussing it with my neice who is a PA, asking her what she thought about it. My neice had positive things to say, and long story short my sister said this:

"I am going to try it, I think I can do it...only better!"

It took every bit of strength I had to not rip her freakin' tongue out! I just sat there and thought to myself, "Well, I am down almost 30 pounds, so I think I am doing pretty great"....

Crazy what a little jealousy can do. Hang in there!!!! You are doing awesome!
Old 04-29-2010, 09:56 AM   #171  

Height: 5'10"

Carla, I have 3 sisters and can totally relate. I saw one over Easter weekend - she finally asked me on Sunday, "So, what diet are you doing this time?" *sigh* I keep telling myself I'm doing this for ME, no one else, just me.

NSV today: I'm wearing a shirt and pants to work and believe it or not, I tucked my shirt into my pants and I'm not wearing a jacket over the top to hide any bulges. LOL! Hope you all have a great day.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:59 AM   #172  
Started IP 4/05/2010

S/C/G: 000/000/145

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbyshims View Post
By the way, she has a weight problem too and just recently lost weight, I think I am just breathing down her neck a little and she doesn't like it. I guess I will have to let her know what I'm doing, so she can quit talking about it to everyone but me!
CARLA: Aren't sisters FUN? I saw mine a couple of weeks ago when all of my family was down. She was here for 5 days and finally, on day 4 asked me what I was doing. My hubby and I got her the info sheets, talked her through it etc. Later that night, she was discussing it with my neice who is a PA, asking her what she thought about it. My neice had positive things to say, and long story short my sister said this:

"I am going to try it, I think I can do it...only better!"

It took every bit of strength I had to not rip her freakin' tongue out! I just sat there and thought to myself, "Well, I am down almost 30 pounds, so I think I am doing pretty great"....

Crazy what a little jealousy can do. Hang in there!!!! You are doing awesome![/QUOTE]

I loved your story. It made me laugh. I have a sister who is 5'10 size 4 has always been in shape, but she sends me an encouraging note every am to keep me positive. As far as "friends" some just say wow I never heard of this or oh this is another atkins, or my favorite.. You should just be happy no matter what weight you are... UGH!!!

I have a coach that is nice, but not on her game. Any ideas from anyone about an alternative. I don't want to drive 45 min to another Dr.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:12 AM   #173  

Good to know about the birth control DK. I have two(one just turned one) and I am NOT ready for another till I get this weight off! Thank you!

Carla-I work at a insurance agency and my coach got on it last year. She kind of got "grandfathered" into it because last year all you had to have to be a coach and sell IP was a health license of some sort. She is a life and health insurance license so she was able to do it.

Last edited by mamaerinb; 04-29-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #174  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post

NSV today: I'm wearing a shirt and pants to work and believe it or not, I tucked my shirt into my pants and I'm not wearing a jacket over the top to hide any bulges. LOL! Hope you all have a great day.
I got there a few weeks ago... MAJOR milestone! Congratulations!
Old 04-29-2010, 10:53 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

official weigh in tomorrow. Think am loosing weight but sort of worried about cycle change and wondering what else my body is going through. Might make an appointment with my family doctor to make sure I am not damaging myself in any other way. I really do wish they would tell you about all of this prior to it so that one is not surprised like I was. Based on the consensus: is this going to stabilize or will it always be so unpredictable while on restricted carb diet? I am 42 and already worried about womanly things so don't want to add this on to it.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:56 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Carla-love the "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" quote. I used to have that taped to my fridge but my husband kept picking on me about it and thought I was "obsessing" too much, glad to see it around again!
I wrote that on my FB page once and got so much crap for it I think kate moss had said that.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #177  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
official weigh in tomorrow. Think am loosing weight but sort of worried about cycle change and wondering what else my body is going through. Might make an appointment with my family doctor to make sure I am not damaging myself in any other way. I really do wish they would tell you about all of this prior to it so that one is not surprised like I was. Based on the consensus: is this going to stabilize or will it always be so unpredictable while on restricted carb diet? I am 42 and already worried about womanly things so don't want to add this on to it.
It's supposed to stabilize. I'm not the expert but ask your coach
Old 04-29-2010, 11:08 AM   #178  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

So interested to hear the "sister" discussion. I also have a sister that either can't say anything nice or doesn't even say anthing at all - as if she didn't notice i've lost 1/4 of my weight - Funny how much that hurts. I was talking about it with a friend and she said - well it's clear that she's jealous of you - she always has been. i was like what??? It clarified things but still...

I also think that in families, everyone has their place. Someone's the youngest, the spoiled one, the middle child, and...someone has to be the thin cute sister. Mine has been the thin cute sister and maybe i'm horning in on her place in the family (in the thin department anyway). Here's the funny thing - she's dieting now - she's trying to lose like 10 pounds - competition, ain't it interesting.

Birth control - sorry should have mentioned this one earlier - back with the IP'ers that started on the diet last fall there were two girls that became pregnant. one a bit of an accident and the other was a woman who had been trying for quite a while so it was happy news. might not be so happy for others.

Last edited by Mom22; 04-29-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:08 AM   #179  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

finally out of my slump, I lost 2 lbs since Monday!
Old 04-29-2010, 11:10 AM   #180  

*freakin' out* i did a ketostick this morning and it was moderate. just did another and it's NEGATIVE, i haven't cheated, why is this happening? i've been in ketosis since day 2 and it's dropped on day 8? doesn't make sense.

Last edited by mamaerinb; 04-29-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Closed Thread